Closed to new replies
December 18, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 10

The best book you've ever read?

:iconcartoonist-in-theory:
Cartoonist-in-Theory Featured By Owner Dec 18, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I want to compile a list of people's favorite books/the best books they've read thus far, overrated, underrated, true story, fiction-it doesn't matter as long as you thought it was great. Feel free to give a reason, as well, if you like.

Mine has to be The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett or Pilgrim's Progress by John Bunyan.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconbrendanr85:
BrendanR85 Featured By Owner Dec 19, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
Call this random, but pretty much every edition of Guinness World Records I have at home :D

:iconnenril-tf:
Nenril-Tf Featured By Owner Dec 19, 2012  Student Traditional Artist
Roverandom...i love the story and how it is written(i love description), it is by Tolkien.
:iconmightybearrr:
mightybearrr Featured By Owner Dec 19, 2012  Professional Filmographer
I can't really say which of the books I've ever read is objectively best. I can however say which book had the biggest impact on my life: Brave New World by Aldous Huxley
:iconcarusmm:
carusmm Featured By Owner Dec 19, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
Peter Pan. I read it when I was an adult.
:iconyobtaf:
Yobtaf Featured By Owner Dec 19, 2012
The Silmarillion by Tolkien. I still want to be an elf after reading this.
:iconnocturn0wl:
Nocturn0wl Featured By Owner Dec 19, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
"Kushiel's Dart" by Jacqueline Carey. It's a fantasy novel set in sort of an alternate-universe Europe during the late medieval/early renaissance period. The plot is super intricate and engaging; the characters are vivid, believable, and emotionally deep; and the world feels like it's truly a living, breathing, genuine place. Epic adventure, comedy, romance, political machinations and intrigue, grand battles, tragedy, an exasperatingly clever villain... this book contains all of that and more, and I love every last bit of it.
:iconferricplushy:
FerricPlushy Featured By Owner Dec 18, 2012  Hobbyist Artist
The Gunslinger, can reread the crap out of that book, just a good character in a fascinating world, too bad stephen king doesn't write like that anymore, the drawing of the three was kind of a drag.
:iconskyhndx:
skyhndx Featured By Owner Dec 18, 2012
"Nova" by Samuel R. Delany
:iconytcyberpunk:
YTcyberpunk Featured By Owner Dec 18, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
"Snow Crash" by Neal Stephenson. There's so much to love. It's the most exciting book I've ever read; it's one of the best at handling characters; has one of, if not THE, most unique writing styles; and it's incredibly thought-provoking.
:iconthenaughticallife:
TheNAUGHTicalLife Featured By Owner Dec 18, 2012  Professional Writer
Wuthering Heights.
Add a Comment: