Deviant Login Shop  Join deviantART for FREE Take the Tour

Details

Closed to new replies
December 6, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 10

The Millennium Trilogy (Girl With the Dragon Tattoo)

:icontheliarwolfram:
TheLiarWolfram Dec 6, 2012  Student Filmographer
I just finished reading the first book, and loved it. It's a little slow getting into, and Lisbeth bordered on being a Mary Sue at times. Just a kick-ass, Goth Mary Sue. I still got really engrossed in the book around chapter eight. Thoughts on the rest of the series?

Lisbeth really is an intriguing character. My sociology teacher said I reminded her of Lisbeth my senior year of high school, lol. Then again, I was pretty against talking to people or doing my schoolwork then. It probably wasn't a compliment.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:icongypsy-tea:
gypsy-tea Dec 11, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I agree that Lisbeth can be a little sue-ish sometimes, but you will find throughout the series that she has many flaws. I've seen the American adaptation of the movie several times and I looooove it. Rooney Mara's performance was award winning.

You should definitely read the rest of the series, it really keeps you on the edge of your seat. c:
TheLiarWolfram Dec 11, 2012  Student Filmographer
Now that I'm reading the second book, she seems a lot less Mary Sue-ish. Her flaws more than make up for her Sue characteristics, and yeah, while I wasn't the biggest fan of the English movie, Rooney Mara did an amazing job portraying Lisbeth.

And the second book's so good! I read a hundred pages in an hour. It's really engrossing.

Also, I like your username.
:icongypsy-tea:
gypsy-tea Dec 12, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Yeah, I think so too. The second book is probably my favorite. It's really fast-paced. c:

Hey thanks. C:
:iconferricplushy:
FerricPlushy Dec 10, 2012  Hobbyist Artist
Dark Horse just started publishing the series as a graphic novel.
:iconcedarwoods:
CedarWoods Dec 10, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Watch the American film version. Roony Mara is the greatest fairly young female actor of all time.
TheLiarWolfram Dec 10, 2012  Student Filmographer
Oh, I did. Rooney Mara's brilliant. I love her, and she's beautiful.
:iconveskavision:
Veskavision Dec 14, 2012  Student Writer
Watch the Swedish one instead, it did it better and it did it first!
TheLiarWolfram Dec 14, 2012  Student Filmographer
I definitely will!
:iconcedarwoods:
CedarWoods Dec 10, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
:)
:iconjbrenthill:
jbrenthill Dec 6, 2012  Student Traditional Artist
The other two books are excellent as well, and not quite as slow as the first--though the first is still my favorite! The others are definitely worth reading and really flesh out and finish the story. My only complaint was that some of the major events in the second two seem a little unrealistic to me, but not enough to ruin anything! You should definitely read them!
Add a Comment: