Closed to new replies
December 5, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 21

Book Recommendations?

:iconcoyote-walker:
Coyote-Walker Featured By Owner Dec 5, 2012
I just recently got an e-reader and I'm looking for books to put on it. I've already put on all the Anita Blake books, all the Merry Gentry books by the same author. As well as all Harry Potter, Artemis Fowl, and Sookie Stackhouse.

I like books in the sci-fi fantasy range, preferably with mystery/violence and sex involved so I'd like some recommendations.

I do not want to touch anything Twilight. His relationship with Bella has all the marks of an abusive relationship, I don't want anything to do with it. Thank you.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconaprilmcguire:
AprilMcGuire Featured By Owner Dec 16, 2012  Professional Digital Artist
Scifi... but not teenybopper books.

I don't read a lot of teeny types, but for scifi, I still liked The Uglies Trilogy. It's by Scott Westerfeld, and I probably liked it because I'm a sucker for post-apocalyptic scenarios. So, I had also read Hunger Games, and Read Player One.

Speaking of Ready Player One, it would be another recommendation. They got a movie deal, so that'll be out... who knows when.

I bought, but haven't read yet, Heinlein's Starship Troopers, which is supposed to be really good (compared to the movie) scifi.

Depending on your e-reader, you might be able to get graphic novels... I'd see if Sky Doll is available, it is an amazing scifi comic (I could only find one issue in English since it is a French comic) with sexiness in it. As well as Saga, another good one issue scifi comic.
Coyote-Walker Featured By Owner Dec 17, 2012
i can't get the graphic novels on my ereader, unless they're coverted to PDFs but i have a CBR on my computer :)
:iconmystichuntress:
mystichuntress Featured By Owner Dec 16, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Woohoo! I love sci-fi and fantasy too! AND I also hate Twilight!!!
You're going to be my new book-buddy *adds to watch list*

Ummm...let's see....well, I'm writing a book blog
Night time reading list
I try to update it as regularly as possible, so maybe you might see something on my list that you may like to read?
Coyote-Walker Featured By Owner Dec 17, 2012
awesome! :) i'll check it out!
:iconshaymincutie:
shaymincutie Featured By Owner Dec 16, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
Wings by Julie Gonzales. Excellent book with an excellent theme. By far, the best book I've read.
Okay, maybe it's competing with Artemis Fowl. And Eragon. And Everlost....
Okay, never mind.
But read it.
And you might as well read the other ones.

And my best friend would reccomend Atlas Shrugged and The Fountainhead by Ayn Rayn. I think that's her name.
:iconphiamatus:
PhiaMatus Featured By Owner Dec 15, 2012  Student Digital Artist
Tokio Blues, i had read that book like three times already, ^_^
:iconhopeira9:
hopeira9 Featured By Owner Dec 11, 2012
hmm... destroyermen is an awesome series. At first it's all like "What? This is so stupid" but by the third book, i loved absolutely every aspect of the story. I've still got to get my hands on the last book.
:iconcedarwoods:
CedarWoods Featured By Owner Dec 10, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
It's not available for e-reader, but if you like sci-fi stuff, I would suggest Primal Tears by Kelpie Wilson.

In fact I'm working on a script for a movie version of it at the moment.

Click the link below advertising the partial script, download and please comment.
:iconthisomessedup:
ThISoMessedUp Featured By Owner Dec 9, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
The Maximum Ride series by James Patterson.
:iconbad-chop-suey:
bad-chop-suey Featured By Owner Dec 8, 2012
Art of War; by Sun Tzu. You can get for free if you have a kindle.
Add a Comment: