Book Recommendations?

I just recently got an e-reader and I'm looking for books to put on it. I've already put on all the Anita Blake books, all the Merry Gentry books by the same author. As well as all Harry Potter, Artemis Fowl, and Sookie Stackhouse.

I like books in the sci-fi fantasy range, preferably with mystery/violence and sex involved so I'd like some recommendations.

I do not want to touch anything Twilight. His relationship with Bella has all the marks of an abusive relationship, I don't want anything to do with it. Thank you.
Comments22
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Scifi... but not teenybopper books.

I don't read a lot of teeny types, but for scifi, I still liked The Uglies Trilogy. It's by Scott Westerfeld, and I probably liked it because I'm a sucker for post-apocalyptic scenarios. So, I had also read Hunger Games, and Read Player One.

Speaking of Ready Player One, it would be another recommendation. They got a movie deal, so that'll be out... who knows when.

I bought, but haven't read yet, Heinlein's Starship Troopers, which is supposed to be really good (compared to the movie) scifi.

Depending on your e-reader, you might be able to get graphic novels... I'd see if Sky Doll is available, it is an amazing scifi comic (I could only find one issue in English since it is a French comic) with sexiness in it. As well as Saga, another good one issue scifi comic.
i can't get the graphic novels on my ereader, unless they're coverted to PDFs but i have a CBR on my computer :)
Woohoo! I love sci-fi and fantasy too! AND I also hate Twilight!!!
You're going to be my new book-buddy *adds to watch list*

Ummm...let's see....well, I'm writing a book blog
Night time reading list
I try to update it as regularly as possible, so maybe you might see something on my list that you may like to read?
awesome! :) i'll check it out!
Wings by Julie Gonzales. Excellent book with an excellent theme. By far, the best book I've read.
Okay, maybe it's competing with Artemis Fowl. And Eragon. And Everlost....
Okay, never mind.
But read it.
And you might as well read the other ones.

And my best friend would reccomend Atlas Shrugged and The Fountainhead by Ayn Rayn. I think that's her name.
Tokio Blues, i had read that book like three times already, ^_^
hmm... destroyermen is an awesome series. At first it's all like "What? This is so stupid" but by the third book, i loved absolutely every aspect of the story. I've still got to get my hands on the last book.
It's not available for e-reader, but if you like sci-fi stuff, I would suggest Primal Tears by Kelpie Wilson.

In fact I'm working on a script for a movie version of it at the moment.

Click the link below advertising the partial script, download and please comment.
The Maximum Ride series by James Patterson.
Art of War; by Sun Tzu. You can get for free if you have a kindle.
Im reading Moby Dick right now, very good. I have a journal on my page for just this very thing that I never change out lol
The Road by Cormac Mcarthy it is probably my all time favorite, and The Exorcist by William Peter Blatty. But a more comforting one would be Cross by James Patterson :)
Oh! Try 'At Winter's End' by Robert Silverberg.
i'll look it up!
Hmm... Let me think on this. I'll see what I can come up with for you ^-^
Frankensteain for sci-fii

The Watchers saga and the DarkTower saga.
"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" for sci-fi comedy and the Ender's Game series for not-comedy-at-all sci-fi.
Well, you could try The Investigation by Stanislaw Lem. It's about bodies suddenly disappearing from morgues and graveyards, and reappearing later, with no sign of disturbance. The characters seem to be almost as crazy as whoever is doing this.
Perhaps Phillip K. Dick's Time Out of Joint, about a minor celebrity in a small town who begins to wonder why people are always so interested in him. And why is it so tough to leave town? And why is it that even jet pilots flying overhead talk about him?!
Check out Cassandra Clare, Sarah Rees Brennan, Maureen Johnson, and Holly Black. They've all got great stuff.