Your favorite genre?

What types of books do you look for?

I love dark, angsty and tragic types of books that ties in a lot of family bonds that introduce good morals. I guess the closest one to that genre I've read has to be The Road by Cormac McCarthy. I absolutely love that book :love:

You can make up your own genre if you want to. Looking forward to your opinons!
Comments14
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
I like supernatural/dystopian fiction. I also enjoy historical fiction, crime, and horror.
I don't really go for realistic fiction or anything with too much romance.
Complex murder mysteries, political fiction, books concerned with corrupt society...basically stories with social commentary and poignant messages. I really love short stories and plays in particular :)
You know my kind of books :love:
the only comics ive ever read were by Marvel im a huge fan of the hulk and spiderman type stuff but ive never really been a big fan of DC because superman is an overpowered boring red and blue alien... nuff said
The books I tend read to are Non-Fiction - current affairs, history, science, etc. I love Sci-Fi but in visual form either as movies/TV shows or graphic novels.
I love Fantasy and (weird since they're opposite) informational
Fantasy and Fantastic books, i mean it can be "realistic" but with a little of fantastic...like Calvino or Mr.Vertigo...
Health is my favorite genre. I want to discuess all time about health.
I don't reader a lot, but I do love dystopias. I've read 1984, Brave New World, Hunger Games, Battle Royal and Lord of the Flies and those are the only books i've ever read lol and a few zombie books here n there.
I'm in love with fantasy and horror. J.k. Rowling and Stephen King are love.
Graphic novels, usually deeply psychological or dealing with issues like morality and the controversial stuff.

Basically anything Alan Moore come up with. :)
I love anything psychological! Though I haven't read anything by Alan Moore. Does he write any good books?
I don't know. I've just seen his comics.