Closed to new replies
November 27, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 41

Good book suggestions anyone?

:icondraconicparagon:
DraconicParagon Featured By Owner Nov 27, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I have read Enders Game by Orson Scott Card 11 times, love that book, loved the Harry Potter books, loved reading State of Fear, Jaurassic Park, Lost World, and Timeline by Michael Crichton, and am currently reading Micro by Michael Crichton and Richard Preston, but I am almost done and don't have a good book to read after that, any good book suggestions?

I am also a member of good reads but even that site has hit and miss suggestions, usually I like reading books that real people suggest to me.

Thanks!

Cheers!

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:icongingerontheinside:
gingerontheinside Featured By Owner Dec 3, 2012  Student Traditional Artist
Here there be dragons... Nuff said
:iconnecroraevyn:
NecroRaevyn Featured By Owner Dec 1, 2012  Student Writer
Rick Riordan is good, even though he's a children's author mainly.
Life of Pi is good too, the original novel the recent movie was based on.
Read the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams, it is awesomeness in its most awesome form in the awesome history of sheer awesome awesomeness.
DraconicParagon Featured By Owner Dec 2, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I have read the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy! Very funny stuff! :D
NecroRaevyn Featured By Owner Dec 3, 2012  Student Writer
Yeah. It is pure awesomeness. Did you also read the rest of the pentalogy (however you spell that)? I love Adams's sense of humour. Everybody in the class knows that I celebrate Towelday and 42 day (my personal invention, on April the 2nd).
It will be greatly appreciated if you do not panic.
DraconicParagon Featured By Owner Dec 3, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I did read them, I also read the Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency books too! :D
NecroRaevyn Featured By Owner Dec 4, 2012  Student Writer
I wish I can read them... (sighs with envy) they aren't in the local library! And the thing is, I can't even buy them! I'm saving up. Sad ):
:iconsapphire-petal:
Sapphire-Petal Featured By Owner Nov 29, 2012
I was actually in the middle of reading Ender's Game before college started. Because of all the books I've been required to read, I haven't picked it up since August :'(

Once this semester ends, I'm gonna pick it back up again.
DraconicParagon Featured By Owner Nov 29, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
It is well worth the read, I wouldn't read any of the others though, except Ender's Shadow. Ender's Shadow is the book Ender's Game but from a different characters perspective.
:iconragnaice:
ragnaice Featured By Owner Nov 28, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
To repeat myself from other book recommendation threads: Temeraire by Naomi Novik ([link])
DraconicParagon Featured By Owner Nov 28, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Thanks, will have to check that out!
Add a Comment: