Details

Closed to new replies
November 23, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 18

Grant morrison-atheist

:iconjjwsmith:
I saw this article:[link] and while problems understanding it Grant says he doesn't believe in an afterlife "per se" (whatever that means) so i'm wondering is he an atheist if he is that's extremely troubling

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconcaptainfantasy:
CaptainFantasy Nov 30, 2012
Honestly who gives a shit? Whatever crazy shit he believes or not believes, he's not living to validate your own views on the afterlife or whatever. You're too hung up on a comic book writer's personal opinions.
:iconvanhir:
Vanhir Nov 27, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
Why is that extremely troubling exactly...?
:iconsiantjudas:
siantjudas Nov 24, 2012   Digital Artist
Well then I guess you're just right fuckin screwed then aren't you.
:iconheavenhairsixes:
HeavenhairSixes Nov 23, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
As far I as I understand it Grant believes that we are all parts of a single eternal living organism. So in his eyes there is no 'afterlife' because none of us really have individual lives to lose and that whatever we are simply persista as part of something greater - rather than the more common atheist position that we die and end and there is nothing afterwards.

Also as I understand it Grant is an atheist in the sense that he doesn't believe in a deity. Although he does have spiritual (and maybe even religious beliefs) - in the same way that certain Hindus, Buddhists, etc are strictly speaking atheists.

What Grant believes is pretty weird. You can take it seriously if you want - but don't expect it to make sense, and certainly jumping on one individual bit of what he thinks and trying to fit it into a more conventional world view is just going to make your head hurt.
:iconlovely-words:
Lovely-Words Nov 23, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Why does it matter?
if he is an theist than there's a real chance the afterlife doesn't exist
So?
what do you mean so
What's the big deal? Are you really so insecure in your beliefs that the opinion's of one man can sway you so easily?
Please my mother's an atheist and she was never able to sway (for some reason I just believed more) But Grant's a whole different animal
Add a Comment: