Most Overrated Graphic Novel

What is the most critically acclaimed book you've ever read and didn't really care for?

I've actually had quite a few.
Persepolis-that book sucked, don't compare it to maus, persepolis is just bad art and a boring story
Blankets-just kind of seemed to drift along and nothing interested happened

The Dark Knight Returns-jfc what an overrated pile of garbage, batman's overweight, robin is a chubby 14 year old girl, and oh this guy killed 2000 ppl but we're gonna let him out of jail

Goodbye Chunky Rice-cute art but just a really depressing book

Sandman-I guess I just haven't read a good volume yet but it just seems really overrated, it's not bad, it's just not particularly interesting

The Walking Dead-yeah that's right, I didn't think it was that good, ending was miserable, just didn't really care about any of the characters, I had the fucking compendium, read the entire first arc and just couldn't get into it

Wizard of Oz series-WTF how can the art be that gorgeous and the story suck that much?
Comments3
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
I read Watchmen and though I think it is good and can appreciate it it never really struck a chord with me. Its kind of like a classic novel. I hear it's great and I can see the depth, I just don't feel it.

I also don't like many of the mainstream titles that are intended to be read over many years. I feel like they are just money making machines. All stories should have an ending. In life that is how stories go. Stories are constantly being started and ended. One right after another and right on top of each other.

As for your dislike of the Wizard of Oz series. Is it because they didn't adapt the story well? I have only read the original series by Frank L. Baum and I enjoyed it a lot.
The wiazrd of oz series with skottie young illustrating is gorgeous to look at, but the story is really aimed for 10 and under which is a shame because the art is truly maginificent