I Need Better books

Well im looking for some realistic fiction books that are romantic and i can also tolerate some action books. I would really appreciate if you guys could help me with that! :iconthankyouplz:
Comments36
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
There's a little known gem of a book by the "Anne of Green Gables" series called "The Blue Castle". Its about a girl who's been under her family's thumb her whole life and is basically
miserable except when she escapes into her own imagination. Then *something* happens and she realizes life is short so she decided to start LIVING, makes some rash decisions, becomes happy and eventually falls in love. I really loved the lead character because she was so flawed and human, and not particularly beautiful (or at least not in an obvious way) and she falls in love with a not so extraordinary gentleman who's a bit rough around the edges. The end is a little indulgent but its a nice
little read.
omg that sounds so exciting dont tell anyone i will put this book at the top of the list!!!!
Lol glad to be able to help!
Divergent by Veronica Roth if you havent read it yet!
It gets romantic later in the book and it has a lot of action
ohhhh its sounds yummy!!! thank you my dear!
Heya. :3 This is a little bit unrealistic, but it's Irish like my good self so . . . Skulduggery Pleasant by Derek Landy would be something I'd recommend.
im looking that up right now!
realistic/fiction/romance? >>> Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen, is a must then
as for realistic/fiction/action (and maybe a spark of romance, but not much):
>>> Musashi by Eiji Yoshikawa
>>> Shogun by James Clavell
All awesome books... tho none of the settings are contemporary.
Ohhh these all sound juicy!!1 thank you so much for your suggestion!
Maybe Cassandra Clare's books? :) I liked Clockwork Angel
I will look into it!! I will put it at the top of my list!
Cassandra Clare's books are wonderful! I recommend her series called 'The Mortal Instruments'.
Just out of curiosity how many books are in the series!?!!?

and thank you so much (yay another book i have to add to my reading list!)
I think there are five. I have read the first three and am trying to get a hold of the last two <33
I will definetly read these i looked up the summary and they look imteresting
They are waaay fun! I couldn't put them down when I was reading them.
View all replies
You should read Kieli, it's a book series written by a japanese author but translated into english. It fit's your description really good and there is a manga version of the first book as well.
That sounds very interesting.... I especially love manga books and i bet i would enjoy reading this one!!! Thank you so much for the suggestion... :iconthankyouplz:
NEIL GAIMAN
PHILLIP PULLMAN
READ THEM ALL
^___^
Ok i will definetly add these to my to read list!
I could recommend Ultraviolet by RJ Anderson. It's realistic and romantic, but at the end it gets a wee bit sci fi, but I won't go into detail as that would spoil it.