What book will you be?

Let's say that sometime in the near future our society collapses into decay/some apocalypse thing happens/some other horrible fate and books are all going to be destroyed for being dangerous to our minds/burned as fuel/eaten. The only way for you to "save" a book is to memorize it cover to cover so that you can orally pass that book on to others in the hope that it will be saved for posterity. (Like in Fahrenheit 451 or Book of Eli, whatever you prefer)
My question to you is, What book are you going to be?
Comments28
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
The Catcher in the Rye
cant decide between the book thief and lord of the flies, those two are my favorite books :)............ alright, i'd be Lord of the flies
Harry Potter and the Philospher's stone
A collection of Ziggy comic strips.

Because I'm optimistic in the face of whatever the fuck life throws at me, and I just deal with it and move on with my life.
"Life of Pi" by Yann Martel - A love for animals and a hugely open mind about religion, philosophy, and cultures.
The Crossing by Cormac McCarthy.
Oh my word, this scenario can be a potential idea for a dystopian fiction novel O.o
Although it would be hard to memorise, I would be a dictionary or an encyclopaedia.
kinda a Guide book for my language :O
my mum would be a dictionary XD
The Maze Runner by James Dashner! Minho >\\<
I think that a book to teach us to read and write, to make new books for a more promising future than this (or keep them as a secret).
An Encyclopedia.
House of Silk
Well, I already know The Lorax, and I'd love to learn a few more by Dr. Seuss so I could teach kids to enjoy being books at an early age.
I'd have too agree with you. I would want too give the kids a good story and one that will help them. :D
I also have several other poems in my head, but they're all nutty stuff like "Love and Tensor Algebra" by Stanislaw Lem and "The Jabberwocky" by Lewis Carroll. I've wanted to learn "The Hunting of the Snark", but it somehow eludes me...
Lord of the Flies
Bored of the Rings, by the Harvard Lampoon.
"Robin's Pathologic Basis of Disease" --whichever edition is the newest.
The Origin of Species.
Walden by Thoreau

This book really needs to be delivered.