Closed to new replies
November 11, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 2

To Comic Artists

:icondenzelajackson:
DenzelAJackson Featured By Owner Nov 11, 2012  Professional Digital Artist
I know there many things to keep in mind when creating a comic story. But there is one in particular that has been on my mind. I am not sure if there is a specific term for it, but I shall call it "story speed." It is the way the story progresses through each panel. For example, sometimes it is neccessary to keep a panel nearly empty so that the reader will have a short pause of time for the previous event to have its time, or, if there is alot of story happenening fast in a short amount of time, then the panels may be small and in higher quantity, so that the reader can view them all quickly. I have trouble judging my own story speed sometimes, and I usually need to wait a longer time for a "fresh eye" than if I was just looking at a regualar picture. Perhaps this is something you have experianced also? How do you go about this situation?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconweremole:
weremole Featured By Owner Nov 11, 2012  Professional Digital Artist
You mean pacing? Show someone your thumbnails and ask what they think about the pacing. That's one way. You can also trust your gut but for fresh eyes I think a different person is probably the best bet.
:icondenzelajackson:
DenzelAJackson Featured By Owner Nov 11, 2012  Professional Digital Artist
Thank you, I didn't think of the word 'pacing,' I kept looking up story speed, but now I have found some good material to study from. Thank you
Add a Comment: