Link

Statistics

Replies: 145

No one reads books

:iconmichaelthepure:
MichaelthePure Featured By Owner Nov 10, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I find this annoying.
Reading is an essential skill in life.
And most of the people in my class can't read, spell, and doesn't know where Rome is.
Is there anyone in the world who actually likes reading books?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconposeidonsimons-s:
poseidonsimons-s Featured By Owner Jan 15, 2013
I like reading. I read at least one book a month from science book to fantasy
:icontake-over-world:
Take-Over-World Featured By Owner Jan 14, 2013
I like reading :) So do a couple of my friends, though some of them read so slowly, they read like a one book every 6 months.
:iconthilu:
Thilu Featured By Owner Jan 14, 2013  Hobbyist Photographer
Books and art is the only way to run away without leaving home. Right? :D
I can't believe so few actually appreciate reading books, it is the best way to relax but also stimulating your knowledge and head instead of doing something brain dead like watching the hills or something on TV.
:iconzazill:
Zazill Featured By Owner Jan 14, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Television wasn't so bad until every show decided to cut down on proper words and instead focused on actor's who can't pronounce "you all" or "it is not" properly.
:iconthilu:
Thilu Featured By Owner Jan 14, 2013  Hobbyist Photographer
no it is really going downwards. the classic example is of course MTV, who used so air actual music and now it's just teen mom, 16 and pregnant and all that crap haha
:iconzazill:
Zazill Featured By Owner Jan 15, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I don't watch scheduled tv anymore, I think it started ever since survivor became prime time viewing. For sport I just go to the local bar. For reality tv I just wake up and go to work. I have seen glimpses now and then of how bad tv's become, beauty pageants for young kids, guides for building a man cave etc.
:iconhopelesspandora:
HopelessPandora Featured By Owner Jan 13, 2013  Student General Artist
Higher level classes, extra classes, orchestra, and art keep me pretty busy so I don't do much reading anymore, but I was an avid reader up until middle school when life got busy, so my grammar and punctuation is pretty top of the line in comparison with some of my peers. However, reading books doesn't necessarily guarantee good grammar. I know many people who read a lot but are at the lower end of the stick in their English classes.
:iconsecretth:
secretth Featured By Owner Jan 13, 2013
me too my classmates hate reading so much but i love to read ( it's very important in life ) [link]
:iconjoeydangerous:
JoeyDangerous Featured By Owner Jan 13, 2013
No way, I never read books because it's boring. I read articles on the internet, watch movies, play games, and listen to talk radio. Those are better ways to get information imo and don't make me want to fall asleep.
:iconjoeydangerous:
JoeyDangerous Featured By Owner Jan 13, 2013
oh yeah, except for comics because there's pictures, so that's fun!
Add a Comment: