Any Stephen King fans?

Can't say I know much about him, but I can say I'm a fan of his works. I've read a couple of his books, and it keeps me wanting more!
I have a copy of Wizard and Glass that I'm thinking about reading next.

Opinions? Favorite stories/books? Recommendations?
Comments44
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
He's okay, though his movies are usually awful.
I want to read some more of his stuff, so far I've only completed The Stand which I loved. I'm over half way through The Shining right now and I'm really enjoying it. At one point his use of imagery managed to scare me to the point where I couldn't read it before bed for a few nights cause the image kept popping into my head :XD:
I actually enjoyed one of his recent novels "Cell" quite a bit...

Okay I enjoyed the set up a lot but I do find that King loses me in his endings. The openings, characters, build up, really do it for me but I am always a bit disappointed in the finish.

Not that I could do any better.
I've read ALL of his novels, and a few of his non-fiction works. He is by far my favorite author, discovered him many a year ago when I needed somewhere to turn to for an escape from a shitty time in my life. He is my god <3
Make sure to read the other parts of his Dark Tower Saga first. ^^ Wizard and Glass can be read without any knowledge of the other books, but you'll enjoy it more when I know the story so far.

I liked The Stand too. Most of his older works are better though, at least in my eyes. The horror is more *real* and the stories actually make sense. While I liked his newer books at the start they tend to turn into a confusing mumbo-jumbo after 300 pages.

Hm, which ones were the ones I espeially liked... Deadzone and Needful Things were amazing. Same goes for Dark Half. That book seriously freaked me. Insomnia and Rose Madder are both not too horrory but quite fantastic reads. Both are on my recommendation list too.

If you prefer something more realistic you might want to check The Green Mile, though I have to say I was not able to finish either one: Book or movie both killed something in me.
"Cujo" and "Pet Sematary are wonderful"! "Pulse" too! (Don't watch cujo the movie though, it's awful!)
Quite a fan of Stephen King myself :) I like his short story anthologies, especially Just After Sunset.
I think one of my favourite novels of his is Duma Key though. I always think of it when I'm about to start a new drawing because it is interspersed with very small 'chapters' called "How To Draw A Picture", which get stranger as the book goes on.
*hand shoots up* Oh! Oh! I like his stuff!

Stephen King is one of the people who actually made me want to get into writing. I just loved his stuff as a kid, in particular Pet Semetary, Carrie, Salem's Lot, etc. Over time, though, I began to appreciate his more serious stuff, like Misery and the Green Mile. Misery especially I love because of my ambitions to be a writer. It's a great reminder how crazy fans can be sometimes...
I love a lot of Stephen King's work, but i hate to say i had to put down Under the Dome. Was just so much detail that my brain just couldn't get through it. One i loved the most is dreamcatcher tho. Really great i think.. sad about how they did the movie tho.
holy!, sorry for the quadruple post my browser was acting up .
my favorite is desperation, i havent seen the movie where ron pearlman plays the sherrif.
my favorite is desperation, i havent seen the movie where ron pearlman plays the sherrif.
my favorite was desperation, i havent seen the movie where ron pearlman played the sherrif .
If he can write more non horror great quality story like Shawshank Redemption, I'll be his fan! ^^
W00T! I'm a fan of some of his literature! XD
I need to read more of his books. The only King book I've read was Misery, which is one of my favorite novels. I've only seen movie adaptions of some of his other work, but they probably don't do the source material justice.
Even though IT is very long it's awesome. His old books are great though I can't seem to get through his newer books...
Maybe it's the difference in style? Skills, themes and way to writting changes and maybe his new works just don't appeal to you.. :x
Indeed. It was after he had his accident strangely enough.
I agree. After the accident he really lost it. Everything's Eventual was still good but every other book he has made since dreamcather has been just bland.

I don't even follow his work's anymore because i have lost all my faith on him.
Exactly what I think sadly enough:(

I'm going to read his sequel to the shining and if that's not good... then I'll just have to re-read his old ones.
I just started to read 'The Green Mile' and I'm impressed so far. Then I'm going to read the 'Shining' after. :meow:
I hope you enjoy it! It's a great story.
Aah I should read that one too