Poetry Interpretation Contest 01 - Can you interpret the meaning of the poem?

Hey everyone :)

I would like to start a contest here to help promote poetry talent, perspective development, and general poetry discussion. This is just for fun. I will select one of my poetry works(could be on Deviantart gallery or on one of my publishing sites) and display a new one here every month.

Each line of my works usually means something in itself, and together in smaller groups, and as a whole, the poem connects them together into meaning, and often, a wisdom :)

Rules:
-It is up to you to interpret the meaning of the poem of the month. Depends, if someone interprets the poem line by line accurately in meaning as well as the whole meaning of the poem, and what are suggested, that person may win a one-time subscription donation from me as soon as I look over their post. At the end of the contest of the month, I will post the meaning of each line and how they work together to contribute to the meaning of the poem as a whole, and the wisdom that is taught within the poem.

-DO NOT ask friends of mine who may know the meaning of any poems of mine for help or hints. Constructive discussions are allowed.

-If the poem of the month is dedicated to you, and you'd have known if it is, you are not legible to participate :) Sorry :)

This month's poem is as follows:

Title:

A Story of Falling Into Love

Why do I have to choose between you and her,
When she is the one I may be in love with?
Few would question this falling in-love of a sky's depth,
Pristine snow under a looking sunrise.
But there is a difference,
That my heart may not tell but memories paints so well...

I can't forever be falling in-love...

In the end I'd always arrive at love,
Or become lost, and fall into the depth of an endless abyss.
My heart may be blind, but time has made me wise.
Not too much, but enough to know that...

I have fallen through that endless falling,
In-love, without landing, without feelings of home.
I have tossed out blindly my hands,
And felt hopelessly for a stop in this cliff side wall.
When I was just about to give up,
I found you, as you catches hold of my hand,
And stopped my endless falling to a love unreachable.
I am not in-love with you, I realize now.
I simply love you.

:iconlatul1pe:
Comments165
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
A Story of Falling Into Love
Interpretation will be in Bold

He, the main character, wonders aloud why he have to choose between the girl he is speaking to, and the other girl(who isn't right in front of him).

When she is the one I may be in love with?
He, the main character, tells this girl in front of him that the reason he don't think that he have to choose is because that he could be in love with the other girl.

He then continues his speech with:

Few would question this falling in-love of a sky's depth,
Pristine snow under a looking sunrise.
That my heart may not tell but memories paints so well...
Few would question my falling in-love as deep as a sky's depth with this girl I may be in love with(not you). But I may have said that "she is the one I may be in love with?" because despite the depth of the falling in-love, it is as fragile as pure snowflakes facing a morning sunrise, when the sun is soon to be up, and the snowflakes may then be melted into water, then evaporate, leaving nothing...but there is a difference, that my heart made emotions and feelings may not recognize, but memories within my mind discerns this difference easily.

I can't forever be falling in-love...
I can't forever be falling, as literal as falling, like from a cliff. Eventually, the cliff will intersect with the ground, where the fall will stop. And yes, I can't thus be forever be falling in-love either...

In the end I'd always arrive at love,
In the end of this fall, I should be able to arrive at love

Or become lost, and fall into the depth of an endless abyss.
Either that, or well...become lost, and just keep falling, as if into the depth of an endless abyss.

My heart may be blinded by emotions and feelings, but time has allowed me(the mind in existing) to become wise(through experiences over time).

Not too much, but enough to know that...
I may not be too wise from it, but wise enough to know that...

I have fallen through that endless falling,
I have fallen through and am over with being forever in-love/endless-falling(similarity as stated in earlier lines)

In-love, without landing, without feelings of home.
Being in-love with someone is like falling without ever landing, just keep falling, and because never landing at what initially thought was there(love), the forever falling/in-love doesn't ever give a feeling of peace, of home.

I have tossed out blindly my hands,
I have tossed out my arms and thus my hands during this seemly endless falling from what seemed like a sky-depth cliff without seeing what is around

And felt hopelessly for a stop in this cliff side wall.
And just to feel, almost hopelessly(for I am tossing my hands out blindly, without knowing if there is any hope), I keep feeling for a stop in this cliff side wall I should be falling past by

When I was just about to give up on believing that I could stop this fall/being in-love...

I found you, as you catches hold of my hand,
I found you, yes, you, as you caught hold of my hand...

And stopped my endless falling to a love unreachable.
And stopped this fall that seemed endless, in reaching what I thought I'd eventually reach, but turned out to be just an endless-falling/being-in-love.

I am not in-love/falling-endlessly in this case, with you, I realize now.

I simply love you.
Because what feeling I have for you is simply true love, not in-love/infatuation/falling-endlessly

So all together, interpretation in combination:

He, the main character, wonders aloud why he have to choose between the girl he is speaking to, and the other girl(who isn't right in front of him).He, the main character, tells this girl in front of him that the reason he don't think that he have to choose is because that he could be in love with the other girl.

He then continues his speech with:

"Few would question my falling in-love as deep as a sky's depth with this girl I may be in love with(not you). But I may have said that "she is the one I may be in love with?" because despite the depth of the falling in-love, it is as fragile as pure snowflakes facing a morning sunrise, when the sun is soon to be up, and the snowflakes may then be melted into water, then evaporate, leaving nothing...but there is a difference, that my heart made emotions and feelings may not recognize, but memories within my mind discerns this difference easily. I can't forever be falling, as literal as falling, like from a cliff. Eventually, the cliff will intersect with the ground, where the fall will stop. And yes, I can't thus be forever be falling in-love either...In the end of this fall, I should be able to arrive at love. Either that, or well...become lost, and just keep falling, as if into the depth of an endless abyss. My heart may be blinded by emotions and feelings, but time has allowed me(the mind in existing) to become wise(through experiences over time). I may not be too wise from it, but wise enough to know that...I have fallen through and am over with being forever in-love/endless-falling(similarity as stated in earlier lines). Being in-love with someone is like falling without ever landing, just keep falling, and because never landing at what initially thought was there(love), the forever falling/in-love doesn't ever give a feeling of peace, of home. I have tossed out my arms and thus my hands during this seemly endless falling from what seemed like a sky-depth cliff without seeing what is around. And just to feel, almost hopelessly(for I am tossing my hands out blindly, without knowing if there is any hope), I keep feeling for a stop in this cliff side wall I should be falling past by. When I was just about to give up on believing that I could stop this fall/being in-love...I found you, yes, you, as you caught hold of my hand..And stopped this fall that seemed endless, in reaching what I thought I'd eventually reach, but turned out to be just an endless-falling/being-in-love. I am not in-love/falling-endlessly in this case, with you, I realize now. Because what feeling I have for you is simply true love, not in-love/infatuation/falling-endlessly. And reflecting on the first two lines, this is the reason why I don't think I have to choose, when there is no need to, with my true love right in front of my eyes :)

Wisdom Implied

Main theme: Being in-love is different from the feeling of simply love.

People often are like the main character in this story, who once was not in-love, but was standing on quite solid ground. But then, one day, he came to the edge of that cliff, and sees in the distance somewhere below what he thought may be the love of his life, and decides to risk it and jump from the cliff, just to reach what he initially thought was a once in a lifetime love, from the perspective he had while standing on top of the cliff.

However, as he keep falling, while being in-love, he never manage to catch the love he initially had in sight, but kept on falling. Often, being in-love with someone does not necessarily mean that the love will be had eventually, or at all. And often, it is during those heart hurting times when those still falling would reach out, sometimes unconsciously, by simple gestures of making their hands available to be taken by those who may care around them. And sometimes, the one person who cares about them would take the opportunity and take hold of their hand, comfort them, and show them that they care.

Sometimes, those who were once in-love with the memory of someone they saw from a once different perspective would come to realize the delusion, and that time has proven to them the truth, that often, they only need to look closer to see those they truly love, and that this true love does not require infatuation or the heartfelt pain and feelings of lost as felt by those who simply become in-love with someone.
3 months Subscription has been handed to *CharlieBridget :iconcharliebridget:
3 months Subscription has been handed to *CharlieBridget :iconcharliebridget:
Oh, lol we do a lot of stuff similar to this in our English class (literary criticism/ New Crit)

At first, the text may seem like a normal love poem, where the persona/author would confess or proclaim their love to the reader, or whoever the poem is dedicated to.

But this is not so. Through the thorough analysis of the text, it can be said that the poem aptly conveys the message of the title "A Story of Falling Into Love", which is not just the simple act of proclaiming one's love to another, but also how the feelings of a person developed from simple infatuation to deep, selfless love.

Textual evidence for this is shown in the first strophe (or stanza), as its mood is quite different from the last few lines of the text. In the first strophe, the persona is still unsure of his feelings towards whoever he is speaking to in the poem, as seen in the first two lines. It is also said in this strophe that almost anyone would see this feeling as infatuation, and therefore should not be taken seriously, as shown in the next two lines. The final two lines of the first strophe suggest that the persona, aware of these feelings, doubts that what he is feeling is JUST infatuation, and nothing more, but he is not too sure about it.

The second strophe suggests that the persona believes that he cannot spend his life simply falling in love with one person, then moving on to another if he feels a stronger emotion towards that person. No, he believes that one day, he will end up with ONE person, the one who he is truly meant to be with.

In the third strophe, the persona describes what happened to him in past relationships. According to the first line, whenever he is in a relationship, he ends up truly being in love with that person he is with. He may also be so deeply in love, he ends up truly broken when the relationship ends, as shown in the second line. In the third and fourth lines, the persona admits that indeed he is capable of loving selflessly and completely, and past experiences have taught him to not only use his heart in a relationship, but his mind to be rational as well, but not completely.

The final strophe shows how the persona' feelings towards the person he has been speaking to since the beginning of the poem have changed, from simply being infatuated to a much deeper feeling. The persona describes how he was constantly flung back and forth, from being in and out of love. He was about to give up on finding his true love until he met the person he is speaking to, and realizes that this person is indeed the one he has spent so much time looking for. This person ends the persona's cycle of falling in and out of love in different relationships, as in the end, the persona realizes that what he feels for her is not a simple infatuation, or a simple "falling in-love", but complete, self-sacrificing , true LOVE, as said in the line, "I simply love you."

haha, sorry it's so long....
:) I will hand out subscription sometime midnight today, and will lay out the original blunt interpretation as well as the wisdoms that are implied from this story of falling in-love :) Thank you for participating :)
OK, he loves two people, and he's scared because the person who has been there for him and helped him is NOT the one he is in love with, but he wishes he was. He simply loves her. He may have been totally in love with a girl for a long time, and knows that she doesn't want him that way, and tried to pass the time by being with Reliable chick. Then she has fallen in love with him, not knowing he is still deeply in love with the other girl. He is stuck because he loves them both, and wants to let her down gently. She stopped him from falling, but she isn't the one....

I hope I got at least a lil right.
Is this poem about being afraid to fall in love?
Good question :) I think you will find out if you read some of the others' interpretations or just go over the poem itself and read it like a story :)
eekkk excuse my extremely bad spelling hehe
i would like to think an interesting moral or wisdom to this poem is...

we cannot help who we fall in love with evan if its wrong our heart makes the choices, fate will point us in the right direction evan if it was there all along what will be will be.
heya.
My interpritation overall of this poem is that its about the people we fall in love with how we cannot choose who we fall in love with evan if its unabtainable or wont be, hence the repition of the word 'blind' i think your trying to show that we can be in love with someone and they can save us from lonliness but we may stil be thinking about some one else that one person you cannot forget.

line by line this is my interprition....

When she is the one I may be in love with? - the reality of relationships and trying to let go of the past not wanting to let go because your uncertain.

Few would question this falling in-love of a sky's depth, - everyone knows and can relate to this feeling of uncertaining and wondering heart and mind thats never ending.

Pristine snow under a looking sunrise.- something beutiful at the back of your mind, in the shadow of something that means a lot to you or helped u

That my heart may not tell but memories paints so well... - theres a difference between what u have or see yourself having and what you had. dont want to admit to yourself how u felt about someone else becuase it hurts but u stil think about it.

I can't forever be falling in-love... - this pain must end there must be a new begining and end to love

In the end I'd always arrive at love, - u would eventually figure out your feelings

Or become lost, and fall into the depth of an endless abyss. - or be forever wondering because you dont understand or its not going to happen

Not too much, but enough to know that... - u stil love evan though u dont understand but u partly except it wont work.

I have fallen through that endless falling, - been as low as u can get and your going round in circles

In-love, without landing, without feelings of home - you were not in reality

I have tossed out blindly my hands, - allowing in love without thinking

And felt hopelessly for a stop in this cliff side wall. - just wanting it to end to let down your dounderies.

I found you, as you catches hold of my hand, - meeting someone new who saves you

And stopped my endless falling to a love unreachable. - someone new stoped my moping for wanting something that cannot or will not be

I simply love you. - someone new made u realise that u were not in love with the other person u maybe just lusted for them or got so caught up in it u couldnt let go.

im not sure about the last bit but i fink its something along those lines?

i enjoyed doing this interesting idea i'll keep watch :)
mmm thanks hehe im thinking i could do better! im thinking its about the confussion searching for love hence the 'falling' and having to 'arrive' at love but ultimatly when you least expect love will find you. or you realise it.

im i get hotter or colder here? hehe :)
Cause and effect :)
wisdom eh, well the wisdom lerned from this poem is that you don't need to or have to choose who you will fall in love with you will know who she is when you see her, as i said earlier if you need to ask why you have to choose between 2 you don't live either, or the choice would be obvious so just keep living, she will find you as you dive into the world of romance.
Ok I'm bored so here's my interpertation of your poem..

I think it's about thinking your in love with someone and thinking that they may be the one but then discovering you love someone more so your not exactly sure what love is. So you are endlessly finding someone you love more in a never ending cycle untill you finally realize you can never really fall in love with someone you just love them and it's simple because it makes everything seem clear around you and your full of understanding instead of the endless confusion that comes from falling in love over and over again.