Hiya! Newbie here :3

Hello everyone!! 
I'm Niska! I was born in Canada but am currently living in England~
I have a big interest in the sciences, but unfortunately I have a short attention span & end up drawing during science lessons "-3-
I draw equal amounts of traditional & digital art, but I probably won't post my traditional art too much cause it's super rough.

Umm, I love writing, especially stuff about Warrior Cats o:
I also love gaming, although it's hard to do now as I don't actually have anything to play on except a 3DS & my laptop pff
As you've probably noticed I ramble a lot. :'D
But yeah. I'd love to make some friends on here and do art trades n' stuff! It all seems super fun! 0:
- Niska ヾ(='ω'= )ノ”

(edited, cause frikken emojis)
Comments44
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Hello, welcome to DA! I like Warrior Cats as well! How are you?
Welcome to Deviant Art. It's nice to meet you. How's your day?
Thank you ^^
And it's been pretty awesome so far, even though I accidentally slept until 6pm (GMT that is)
How are you?
'Eya, welcome to DA! Hope you enjoy your time here! ^^
Thank you very much! ♡
I'm enjoying it so far, so that's a good sign :3
Glad to hear it! :D Most people here are relatively friendly, minus the few exceptions you'll find anywhere. Here's to hoping it takes you a while to find them xD
I've certainly seen that : D
xD I have heard a few shady things about this site but I decided to give it a try anyway aha
What kind of shady things have you heard? xD
Oh, just random stuff about random members, art thieves etc :'3
Yeeeeah, art thievery is pretty bad here. Other than that and the occasional asshat though, I haven't really experienced anything too bad.
Hi. Nice to meet you.
Nice to meet you too!
thanks a lot ahh ;w;
What's it like in England?
Rainy, loud, and has tons of goddamn traffic x.x
Not too exciting ehe
Well, I'm sure it beats being somewhere that's hot and dry.
Hi there! So what kind of science are you interested in? Personally I love astronomy.
Hia! ♡
I really like biology, and chemistry! :3
I like learning how things work and I also like figuring out stuff. 0: I'm pretty stupid when it comes to recalling stuff though, I just like to listen to what people know. xD
Astronomy seems really awesome too - there's an astronomy club at my school but the teacher is a bit of a weirdo and it's kind of offputting XD
But yeah. Stars n stuff are cool, did you get a chance to see the blue moon yesterday? o:
Yeah I am horrible when it comes to recall. Like I couldn't get into AP chem or rather I thought it was a good idea to stay away considering that. I totally would have failed but it's all so interesting.  I sadly wasn't able too. It was kinda a cloudy night so we didn't get to see anything. Though I can't really complain. Cloudy nights are always fun for the bit of a spook factor they give off.
Yeah.. xD That's why I didn't take extended sciences (we just got the chance to pick our options)
I mean, I take plenty of notes but the teacher just looks down at the floor most of the time and is ridiculously unapproachable; if you ask him to explain anything he goes off on a tangent, and you're left knowing less than when you came :/ Kinda sucks
But yeah, nighttime is probably my favourite time because spookiness + stars + sleep xD
Wow he sounds like a horrible teacher. I've been lucky to have fantastic science teachers... well except one. She just gossiped with students all class and when the pregnant girl and her friends in the class weren't around they would just mock her and say how disgusting it was for a high schooler to be pregnant. She was also crap at teaching and relied on me to help other students. Which I refused to which caused her to hate me. I refused to be her tag in. Night is the best man. Plus I'm not a big fan of light and day in general. It's always more fun to do things at night.
Wow she sounds like a pretty awful teacher??
I remember a science teacher I had in Year 7; she always seemed to be pregnant, and of course there isn't anything wrong with that, but she always made us do -everything- physical in the lesson..
She had someone to write on the board, someone to do the powerpoint and even got some students - bearing in mind we were really quite new to that school and we had no idea what to expect - carry the heavy equipment for practical lessons. She even made people do the practical to demonstrate while she sat on her laptop .-.
The only way she got away with it was because whenever a teacher came to supervise us, she ended up being this wonderful, perfect teacher, and it kinda pissed us all off xD
I'm pretty sure she's still there, anyway, which sucks.
And yea, I'm pretty sensitive to light because of a disability (only fine motor skills dw lol) so night is my favourite time :'3
View all replies