Hello! I'm scared.

I've been drawing for some time now but only recently decided to join dA in an attempt to get more social about art and try to improve at the same time :) (Smile) 
It would be great to meet people on here and have a chat, maybe an art trade sometime in the future Clap 
Random question - where do you get most of your inspiration from?
Comments41
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Inspiration can come from many things. Music, memories, experiences, emotions, a dash of nostalgia. Other artists I look up to.
Yep I love looking at other artist's work, but it can make you depressed at the same time knowing it will take you ages to get to that level Nuu 
Well at the same time, you should work on getting to your own level. Be inspired, but don't try to replicate them :)
Yep definitely, that's what I'm aiming at now :)
where´s the horror in that? pfft, lame.
Hello! ^^
Welcome to dA! :3

Don't be scared. It's really nice here. :huggle:
Your art is really cool, too.
I hope we can be friends! ^^
If you need any help - just ask. :3

Have a great day!
Thank you so much, I'll do that Love 
Hey, there! Welcome to DA! We all nice here!

Where do I get my inspiration? A couple things. I get inspired from myths, tv shows, comic books, other people's art, and my subconscious, also known as DREAMS.
I love myths too :) I tend to forget my dreams as soon as I wake up though! :D
Great! XD That happens to me too. Not if you have very vivid dreams. Heck I remember one back from 5th grade! XD But I do love writing stuff from dreaming. Some of them are very good, they are worthy of being on paper. :)
Welcome to DA! Don't be scared, we're all nice here. I love deviantART! 
Dont be scared of DA, Its a wonderful resource, Dive in and chaat to anyone you like :)
Hahaa I know, I've been following artists for ages and can't wait to be a part of it properly :) (Smile) 
Just dive on in :)
Hello! Welcome to DA!!

Well, I try and look for inspiration everywhere. The way how people's expressions change when having a conversation, the bird on the windowsill every morning (I wonder why it's always my window?), how people dress, or reading stories whilst listening to music. That last one is the one where I really get my best drawings. Especially when I'm listening to instrumental or classical. I suggest "Brunuhville" in YouTube. His music is one of the things that have the greatest impact in my sketches.

Or sometimes I just take the time and look at what my cat does. This usually spurs me to draw very cute/silly sketches.
I'll have a look at the artist! I started listening to instrumental/classical when doing my final exams and it was great. I know what you mean by looking everywhere, I've started looking at random people more closely, especially at faces. Also I love cats w00t!  My mom has 2 and they're insane.
Classical is great for when I'm trying relieve stress, esp. for finals. Luckily, my mother love them as well and I can listen to them for days without one of them repeating. It's that many. XD Sometimes, I try to remember any interesting topic I've talked with one of my friends/family today and try to draw something from that. I've had lots of abstract drawings and all of of them came from conversation with my little sister. :)
Joking :D I'll try to note down anything interesting that happens/I hear for future reference :)
Of course! Good luck!! :iconawwwplz:
But...but...I'm an only child Waaaah! 
O-Oh! I guess the interesting conversations you have with your parents? My father and I have a fair share of hilarious topics. Or conversations with your best friend(s). :D
Buggabugga boo
so are you more scared now?^^

Music.
Like the stories that lie in the lyrics :D
When I draw I often listen to the song Flammenfest