Not entirely new, but I'd love to make some friends here!!!

Well, as the title says, I'd like to make some more friends on here :D I guess it's best to first tell someting about myself, so here I go:
I like reading, watching films and listening to music. In case of reading, I like fantasy and sci-fi (I'm a big LotR and Harry Potter fan, same goes for films by the way). And for music, mainly film music and stuff from anime (I watch Black Butler, SAO, Fairy Tail and Mahouka Koukou No Rettousei).
Of course there's a lot more but can't come up with it :p

There's no need to watch, but if you do, I guarantee I'll watch you back :nod:
Comments113
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Hey man, nice to see a fellow European. I love fantasy too, Lotr and elves in everything. It's awesome.
I've seen Black Butler, very interesting. One of a few anime I've seen completely so you gotta know it's good. Anyways, pleased to meet you, I'm Brian.
Hello there! Yeah, I kind of love every fantasy-like book if there are elve-like creatures in there, heh, they're just epic. 
I'm kind of addicted to Black Butler (story is great and SEBASTIAN) so I'm collecting the manga volumes now. And it's nice to meet you too, forgive me for not giving my real name but I'm not really one to do so quickly, ehe.
Hi Falonian! My name is Mary, and I am looking to make some new friends here too :D I am 25 and I live in California. I enjoy fantasy and scifi books as well - I'm currently on the second book of the Dresden Files (Fool Moon) by Jim Butcher, Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss, I am almost done with Vol. 5 of Y: The Last Man by Brian K. Vaughan, and about to start Horns by Joe Hill. I enjoyed Black Butler and SAO, but still haven't watched the other two - everyone keeps trying to get me to watch Fairy Tail. Nura: Rise of the Yokai clan is pretty good too :) I also try to stay up to date with the Bleach and Naruto mangas (I haven't been able to read for the last two weeks so I'm not completely caught up yet)
Hello Mary! Well if you are looking for friends too, I guess we could watch eachother right here then? I'll watch you anyways, you seem like a nice person :nod: Well then, I live in the Netherlands, still going to high-school, heh. I saw the title 'Name of the Wind' in another comment somewhere here, but I don't know what it's about (what's it about?:P). I finished reading 'Memory, Sorrow and Thorn', a book series by Tad Williams a while ago and I finished reading 'Eragon' from Christopher Paolini, now busy reading the second book :D I collect the manga volumes of Black Butler (partly because I'm a big fan of Sebastian, plus it helps me when I draw manga), but furthermore I only watch anime. I don't watch Bleach or Naruto because one big anime (Fairy Tail) is enough already, I prefer 50 or 25 episodes.
You can find a great summary on GoodReads here.  And yes, Naruto and Bleach are suuuuper long - but I've been following the series since I was in high school, and I graduated in 2006 haha Meow :3 I'll add you now and you can send me a PM if you want to keep chatting ~ 

:hug: emjidi
Man, that book sounds great! I'll read that immediately after I finish the series I'm on now!
Waw, that's a looong time... Heh, I'd better keep it to FT and some short ones for now, otherwise I'll never stop watching and I need to do homework and stuff too :D
Ah, that's okay, if there's ever anything I'd wish to tell you, I'll do so :nod:
Haha yea good idea ^^ - when I started getting my sister into the series, we would have a marathon of Naruto or Bleach all day long. Oh the good ol' days Headache New 
Ohhh that's great! I love marathons (well, watch-marathons that is, I don't like to run all that much :D)
Hello there. I also enjoy novels of those genres, and I read the Fairy Tail manga
Hello! Nice to meet you! 
Any specifics of those genres? Oh, you read the manga? I'm only watching the anime, dubbed (because I started watching dubbed, after 97 episodes I noticed there were no more dubbed but Japanese sounded really weird at that time, so now I have to wait two months for every 12 episodes. I watch everything else subbed :D), but I love it! Do you watch anime or only read manga?
I almost always read manga, because I find it easier, but there are a few that I only watch the anime, like One Piece, Attack on Titan, and Bleach
Ah, I only read Black Butler (watch it also), I collect the volumes. I have never seen One Piece or Bleach (too many episodes, just Fairy Tail is a lot already), I still want to watch Attack on Titan but I don't really like the drawing style of the humans, not really pretty and to be honest I like some pretty people in anime/manga, heh. Oh and thanks for the watch, as promised I'll watch you back!
You're welcome, and thank you for the watch
Hello! Nice to meet you! 
im quite new here, hope we can be friendsAnime Emoji (Blush Oh yay dance) [V6] Anime Emoji (Blush Oh yay dance) [V6] Anime Emoji (Blush Oh yay dance) [V6] 
Hey there! Nice to meet you too! 
Well, welcome then, and I'm sure we can! Frozen - HUG! Soooo..... Any interests? :bird: 
Thanks for the welcomeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!
of course i got interest! xDscream scream scream 
i luv to cycle, play games, DRAWING, watch ANIME (im sure you watch it too right!?), and SLEEPING!!!! xD that all, probablysmile smile 
No problem! :D

Yeah, bit of a strange question alright?
Aah, cycling, like to do that too :la: And I LOVE drawing and OMG ANIME!!! Sure I watch that!!! What do you watch?!
Lol sometimes I'd wish I was better at sleeping I'm kind of a vampire, I barely sleep at night (and I don't sleep during daytime so yeah).
THE ICONS IN YOUR COMMENT THO :la3d: La anim 50x47 
hahaha! then we 2 are vampires! xDcreepy scary creepy scary creepy scary 
i watch almost everything! xD well i am more focusing to action and shounen! but don't really like shoujo stuff!!!haha no haha no haha no 
how bout you?Adorable Girl Anime Emoji (Heart Dance) [V6] Adorable Girl Anime Emoji (Heart Dance) [V6] 
Hurray, hehe, good to know (holy, that icon of yours freaks me out)wtf 
I believe what I watch is pretty random though I prefer things with pretty guys teehee. Mostly stuff with action though.  So I watch Fairy Tail, Black Butler (pretty pretty pretty! ------> Sebastian Michaelis (Hawt instructions) [V1] ), Sword Art Online and Mahouka Koukou No Rettousei (which is all with action and fights and stuff). Also watched one episode Attack on Titan and I want to finish it, but I don't really like the anime style of the humans... bunneh icon17 
haha, it actually scared me ._."
well, i watch SAO and Mahouka too! for attack on titan......well i don't even want to watch it....(i hate anime that has to many character dying.....)
View all replies
Hey, welcome to DeviantArt.
I too love fantasy movies like Harry Potter and LOTR/ (I am absolutely in love with Lord of the Rings and the Hobbit. Tolkiens just has amazing books and the movies were fantastic too). My favorite fantasy things are still dragons though haha.
I write and draw as a hobby at the moment, but I'm actually looking into making it a full-time career :)
I hope you have fun on DA and make some friends and that you have a great day.
Cheers.
Heh, thank you, although I've been here for four months now (that's not very long though, so I guess it's still a welcome then :D).
Great! I actually didn't know anything about LotR before I watched the first Hobbit film in the cinemas, but after that I went all crazy about it. So awesome!
Well, who doesn't love dragons, really? They are magnificent :nod:
I'm thinking about that too, but it seems really hard. There are sooo many good artists around the world, I think I could easily get lost in that wonderful chaos of artworks. Maybe as something 'on the side'. But I wish you the best of luck!
And thanks again! Same to you!
I watched the original Hobbit when I was like 7 or something and fell in love with it then. I  started the first LOTR book but I'm not a big reader... so I never kinda finished it, but what I read was pretty darn fantastic. Then I watched all three movies in one night -a school night no less, I could have had 2 hours of sleep but one does not simply fall asleep after watching all three LOTR movies :XD:- when I was 14? 15? I can't quite remember what age I was haha. I might have even been younger. and Now I'm still waiting for all three hobbit movies to come out on dvd so I can watch them all at once at home. I haven't seen a single one yet :/ but in due time hehe
Oh they are.. I've loved dragons ever since I was little and saw "The Flight of Dragons"... such a fantastic movie... and yes it can be quite difficult to get anywhere as an artist or a writer but thanks. I will try my best regardless :)