Um...Hai?

Hello, I'm Shirayumi. Feel free to call me Shira, or just Yumi. Though Shira is more appealing to me. I'm seventeen years old, coming from Lithuania and speaking English as my third language, so, please, forgive my mistakes if I make them. I love anime from the age of five, when I first watched Digimons, and began practicing drawing at the age of 11. However my first attempt to draw digitally was made only three years ago, when after two months of whining to my parents (Thanks to dA I found out what it is!) I've got my tablet.Things like this are difficult to get here, you know? Probably, just like the most, I thought once I get tablet I will become a great artist in a matter of seconds, and it's hard to describe my disappointment when I figured out digital art is even more complicated. ^^; However....I keep practicing a lot, and I can see how much I've improved in one month, or, sometimes, even in a couple of days. -Makes me proud, really.-
As you may guess I'm not quite new to dA - I've first been here with photography, as dA was what got me to it. First those were bad self-pictures (I was 13~), but later I figured out myself it's not right and deleted my whole gallery, beginning to add pictures made with my 9 years old Pentax. Then, seeing my passion growing, my father, professional self-taught photographer, brought me my first OWN camera - Nikon L22. This is when I've reached the climax of my inspiration, taking pictures not to 'take pictures and be popular), but to share my thoughts with the world, and it what got me quite a few watchers in no time. On my 16th birthday, when my parents finally appreciated my passion to photography, I've got my current Nikon D3000. Though pictures taken with that camera had never reached dA since I left for a little hiatus due my exam year...And never made it back. During that hiatus I've changed too much to return to my old account, and my old works never satisfied me again, so I've decided to abandon it,with all watchers and friends
Now, year after, I'm back. With new account.Just no longer sharing my photography, which I grew to be really shy about, but with my digital drawings.

Pleased to meet you! :3
Comments39
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Welcome back :)
And Hello! How are you on this pleasant evening?
Hello! I'm doing well, and you? :meow:
I'm doing amazing! :) thanks
well hi there how are you doing?
Hello, I'm doing well, thanks! :) How about you?
im doin'g fine tho I really wanna get an idea for an icon cause this looks so empty
Haha, I don't know what to offer you. <3
you don't need to offer anything ^^ I just wish I could get hit by lightning .... OF INSPIRATION AFCOURSE
you have a talent, not to mention a love for what you do well. I wish you success in everything. I'm sure you will do well..
Thank you, dear -- it's not talent, though, it's just a lot of hard work. :)
Hard work that has paid off! love your stuff.. seriously..
Thank you, dear. :meow:
you're welcome! =)
:iconawwwplz: Hiiii~ Nice to meet you Shira~ I've also just started to draw digitally~ (2 months ago ;A; )
So I still have a lot to learn~ >u< Let's improve together!!! :iconhappyskipplz:
Hello! Of course~ ^_^
wow you just got a belt fulll of accolades. jesus shira i know your going to kick some ass once you go professional. your like one of those talented tenth of artist who is more than just well rounded but really passionate to. dude you should totally link me to your photography!
Uhh, I doubt I ever make it professional. XD;
I'm not talented, I'm just hard-working...Seriously, there are still many things I have to learn..!
kill that noise man if you keep working, you'll get somewhere professionally. i mean u have a really diverse portfolio.
N'aww, thank you! :huggle:
good luck to you and btw im 17 and i still remember Digimon from back in the day loooool it was frikin awsom lol Digimon kicked pockamons ass any day
Yup! I also loved digimons over pokemons. ~
yup dont wach any of that anymore coz i work lol but still remember it :)
Haha, I also have no time.