Closed to new replies
February 8, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 16

Hello new here

:iconaviaandy:
aviaandy Featured By Owner Feb 8, 2013
Hi new to this site but hope to get along with everyone.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconmangasockattack:
mangasockattack Featured By Owner Feb 11, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Hello! Welcome to DA~ If you need anything please note me :) I made a tutorial to dA here: [link] if you need any assistance~
:iconwhiskyomega:
WhiskyOmega Featured By Owner Feb 9, 2013  Professional General Artist
Hello and welcome to dA!

I'm an old-timer here with a newish account, so if you have any questions or concerns feel free to ask and I'll do my best to get you the answers.

I stopped by your gallery and you have absolutely stunning photography!

I'd be happy to add you as a friend if you'd be so kind as to add me as well?

Take care.
aviaandy Featured By Owner Feb 9, 2013
I tried to add a friend earlier but could not see how, help please
WhiskyOmega Featured By Owner Feb 9, 2013  Professional General Artist
Sure, no problem. :)

Go to their page and in the top right-hand corner is a button that says "Watch". Click it. A window should pop up, which gives you the option to recieve updates from them about Journals and such (boxes you can check or uncheck). Once you're ready, click the "Watch Deviant" button on the bottom.
And TA-DAH! You've added a Friend!

Hope that helps. :D
aviaandy Featured By Owner Feb 10, 2013
Thank you for your help. Ok next question I go back to your page do as you say Ta-Dah it works but then I cant find you on my page if I go back to yours its tells me I have you on my deviantwatch list but I cant find a watch list, well I can find the list with the binocular icon but no one that I am watching. Also when I reply to a message it to disappears, oops that's two questions.
WhiskyOmega Featured By Owner Feb 10, 2013  Professional General Artist
Oh, okay.

Well, on your own page you should have a "Friends" box somewhere on it (right or left side) and anyone you've added should appearn there (either their icon or their name).

If you don't have a "Friends' box, you may have to add one.
To add one (or any new features you'd like) go to the "Edit Page" button at the top right-hand corner of your page. Click it.
You should then be at a page that displays what boxes are on your page and also a catagory of new boxes that you can add to your page (like Polls, webcam, points donation, ext). The "Friends" box should also be there if it's not already on your page.
If it is, click it and follow the directions to add it to your page. It's really simple, so you shouldn't have any problem. :)

Anyone who add's you as a Friend should also appear in the "Watchers" box on your page.

And dA automatically removes the messages you've replied to from your Messages. The only place dA doesn't do this is in your Notes, where they leave it up to you to decide what u wanna do with your messages.
aviaandy Featured By Owner Feb 11, 2013
I have a problem collecting favourites on my home computer it will not drag and drop images. I tried it with my work computer and no problem, its driving me nuts as its not the mouse as it drags and drops in other programs.
WhiskyOmega Featured By Owner Feb 11, 2013  Professional General Artist
I'm not a computer expert, but it may be something to do with your internet connection unable to completely connect your home computer to the dA site OR you might have to update your internet browser.
That's just a guess, though, so don't quote me on it.

Luckily dA has another way you can add Favs. :D

On each image's page, on the right side, is a button near the top of the page that says "Favorite". By clicking this it will add the image to your Favs without having to drag it.

Hope that helps.
aviaandy Featured By Owner Feb 12, 2013
Thank you I will try it
:icon3wyl:
3wyl Featured By Owner Feb 9, 2013  Hobbyist Photographer
Welcome to deviantART! If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask! :)

What are some of your hobbies and interests? :la:
Add a Comment: