Hello fellow Deviants!

Good day! Though I signed up about two months ago, I haven't delved into the community too much. So I've decided to dig straight in! Seems to be a great community on here :) and I would love to get to know you guys!

First of, I'm a general Anime fanatic, so I will mainly delve into Anime Art on here. I'm fairly new to the Anime world, only started about 3 years ago when I was shown Deathnote, and haven't been able to get out since! (Save me D: )

My art skills are somewhat dusty, haven't done any serious art for about five years, but I'm starting to get back into it now. Hoping to finish a Anime Love Piece at the end of this year.

But at the moment, I mainly run an Anime Art Blog [link] where I feature and talk about some of my favourite anime art I find on the internet. All work I feature comes with prior consent from the artists behind the work, so I'm hoping that diving into the community will allow me to find even more amazing artists, and get some good contacts :)

About me -
Occupation - Currently Awaiting to go back into University to study Building Surveying
Other Interests - Video Gaming, Badminton (A true 'MANS' game!) and anything Technical and Engineering related.
Physical Age - 20
Mental Age - 12
Location - UK
Other notes - I'm terrible at remembering names

Thanks for reading, have a fantastic day, and I hope I get to know you all! :) (Though that would be one hell of a feat)
Comments19
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
hello and welcome to deviantart :iconwave-uplz:
haha I never really got to see much of death note so I dont know how to help hum... maybe watch another anime like hum.... xD idk the only one crossing my mind is Sword Art Online, and since you like gaming idk ;;; when I saw sword art online all my gamer feels came right at me :iconholdfeelsplz: *kicked*
Hi there, and welcome! :aww:
Ooh, why is your mental age 12? :la:

I feel that my mental age is 15, so I can relate with you there. It's always interesting to see how old people feel.. and how old people really are. :nod:
Haha XD A fellow denier of reality!
Life would be boring if we didn't have fun! So having a mental age of 12 just makes it that much more fun :) Laughter is the key to enjoyement, and being a childish and slightly ignorant of reality is a great way to unlock it :) (within reason of course :P)

That and the fact that I don't want to be old :( I'd do anything to be 12 again... All the wishful thoughts of wanting to grow older when I was younger has backfired! Unfortunatly it doesn't work the other way around lol
YUS! :dummy:

That's right. :D

That's really interesting.. you don't think you've got a problem or anything? And other people around you accept you as you are?

Aww..

Was 12 years old the best age for you?
I don't think I have a problem to be honest; mental age of a 12 year old is merely a theoretical statement. The only thing I would take from my 12 year old self is my ignorance of the world around me, my easily entertained manner and the lack of responsibilities I had at that age. Ignorance is bliss so to say :)
It's difficult to say if people accept me for who I am, because I am more than one personality in my opinion. I act differently with other people, depending upon their character I shape my own to fit with theirs. It tends to work well, and people tend to agree and accept with my own decisions. I find being honest and understanding towards others allows them to do the same to you.
The childish side is kept in place quite well mind :) (Though if I get too excited I do get blinded by it lol)

12 was just a theoretical age, I'd say 17 was my favourite years, but being around the age of 12 I would have less responsibilities, and less aware of the world around me. But at the age of 17 I was more developed as person and more knowledgeable, with a reasonable amount of responsibility :)
It’s heart breaking when you look into reality for too long, it caused me great deal of depression before, so I try not to do so.

Quite interesting to think about to be honest. Never really sat back and thought of this before lol
Is it wise to be ignorant of the world around you? :O

That's pretty cool, though. :nod:

It sounds as if you really understand the human psyche. :O

That's fair enough, though, and understandable. I can relate with it. :nod:

I guess we live our lives the way we want to there. :P
Welcome welcome!
Hope you enjoy your time here :)

I haven't seen many good anime lately...though technically I haven't been watching much anime at all anyway other than the freakin' legendary One Piece ^^;
Do you know of any recent ones that you'd suggest?

'Kinda want to get back into it.
Thank you!
I need to check out One Piece someday, still haven't bothered looking at it yet :) From the many fans I have seen on the internet, it must be well worth checking out.

I may not have any good suggestions myself, I'm still watching some of the old animes at the moment, trying to catch up :) The best one I have seen recently is the Tsubasa Chronicles, if you haven't seen that one I highly suggest checking it out. Very well written and spaced out story (One of the best I've seen so far).
If not that, try 'The Legend of the Legendary Heroes' (Amazing Anime! Very well written and spaced out like Chronicles) , 'Is This a Zombie?' , 'Dream Eater Merry' or 'IS: Infinite Stratos'
I wouldn't be surprised if you have seen some of them, or even all of them. But they are some of the best I have seen so far :) Hope that helps!
I keep meaning to watch Tsubasa because I've seen almost everything by CLAMP (even CCS and Angelic Layer (-_-; )).
I wanted to wait until after I finished Rayearth though.

Actually, I haven't seen any of those yet ^^;
Like I said, I'm really behind when it comes to anime, because I've been sticking with Western animation the last couple years.
But I did watch a bunch of clips from 'Is This a Zombie?' last year.
That's why I though Lollipop Chainsaw was based on it :)
Welcome! :dummy:

Uh... Any anime you've watched recently that you liked? :V
I'm currently watching 'My Bride is a Mermaid/Seto no Hanayome' , which is quite a funny anime to watch :) But it does get a little tedious in the fact that it doesn't take it seriously enough at times. But it's that type of anime :)

The best one I've watch recently is 'Is This a Zombie?/Kore wa Zombie Desu ka?' (If you haven't seen it yet, I highly suggest it!)
The story is quite unique, with some good humor and well layed out. It doesn't end the story too fast, or drag it on too long, or just skip over important story lines and confuse you (Which I've noticed some animes tend to do *cough* Bleach *cough*).

Have you got any good suggestions of Anime you have watched lately? I'm a bit stuck on what animes to watch atm... I'm not too fussy with Animes, but I have a sudden urge to watch a good romance one... not entirely sure why. Never been the sort to love romance lol
Hmm... The last thing I watched was Keroro Gunso. It's more comedy than romance. :lol:
I'll make sure to check it sometime later. Got to love MyAnimeList for things such as this :) That website has saved me much trouble and head stratching lol Quite easily plan things to watch later :) Life saver!

Thanks again for the greeting!