Closed to new replies
January 23, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 578

Looking to Meet Some of You Awesome Artists

:iconbuuckphotography:
BuuckPhotography Featured By Owner Jan 23, 2013  Professional Photographer
I started using my DeviantART this year and it is super fun. I am amazed by the artwork people have done.

Anyways, I wanted to chat and make some friends. Trying to avoid being a silent person lol :)

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconsunsetmaku:
SunsetMaku Featured By Owner Aug 24, 2013  Hobbyist Photographer
Nice to meet you fellow photographer :)
BuuckPhotography Featured By Owner Sep 2, 2013  Professional Photographer
Hey nice to meet you to!  Sorry for the tremendously slow response :/
:iconthatpinktee:
thatpinktee Featured By Owner Aug 24, 2013
DA is an amazing community indeed!! Glad you joined this year, your photography is amazing!
BuuckPhotography Featured By Owner Sep 2, 2013  Professional Photographer
Thanks!  I'm glad you enjoy :D

Sorry for such a slow response :/  Yeah, it's been an amazing time here on DA.  How about you?
:iconlucahennig:
LucaHennig Featured By Owner Jul 20, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Hi! Nice to meet you! Im Luca :)
BuuckPhotography Featured By Owner Jul 21, 2013  Professional Photographer
Nice to meet you Luca!  I'm Buuck :)

You have nice art in your gallery.  I especially like "The Wish in my Head."  What inspired you to come up with that concept?  When I saw it, my mind was blown!
LucaHennig Featured By Owner Jul 22, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist

Thank you very much Buuck :)

Im pleased that you like my artwork, especially "The Wish in my Head." :)

I needed something for a selfportrait  and than I thought "what could be better as a picture of one of my wishes in my head."I tried Gimp some weeks before and I searched for a picture of New York which would fitting :) I found one and than I took the photograph of my head. I rotate it and than I use some technics in Gimp to create this finished artwork :)

BuuckPhotography Featured By Owner Jul 26, 2013  Professional Photographer
Hey, it's awesome!  I'm stunned that you thought up something like that :)  It's really cool.  Just curious, is there any specific reason you chose New York?

I saw on your profile that you're interested in British and Japanese cultures.  Have you visited either?  They are in the top of my list of future vacations.  I think in part because I've been watching quite a bit of British entertainment and Japanese anime.
LucaHennig Featured By Owner Jul 27, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist

thanks a lot! :) I would like to visit the Broadway or maybe acting there :) But first I need to study this :D haha

Yes Ive visited Britain and Japan :) Which japanese animes are your favourites?

BuuckPhotography Featured By Owner Jul 29, 2013  Professional Photographer
And I hope you don't mind that I added you as a friend :D
LucaHennig Featured By Owner Jul 30, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
No problem :D
That would be cool!  So more of the theater acting and not so much TV acting?  Haha yeah, studying is important :)

Oh dur, I should have figured those pictures were from Japan xD  I thought maybe it was a Japanese temple in Germany.  That's awesome!  Must have been amazing trips :)  Any sites you'd recommend in those countries?

Hands down, my favorite is Cowboy Bebop :)  Also, Samurai Champloo, Fullmetal Alchemist, FLCL, Trinity Blood, Ghost in the Shell, and Trigun.  Recently I started reading Yotsuba&! and have read Bleach and Naruto forever (just want them to end finally...)  How about you?

LucaHennig Featured By Owner Jul 30, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Yes more theater acting :)

Oh yes it was amazing!
definitely the countrysides and national parks! cities I would prefer are Kyoto, Tokyo and Nara. The best thing are the festivals in Kyoto! And of course the Japanese people they're so friendly.
BuuckPhotography Featured By Owner Aug 6, 2013  Professional Photographer
Cool!

Oh man, the countryside and national parks must be incredible!  I have never heard of Nara before.  From what I see online, there seem to be a lot of historic architecture there.  Yeah, it's nice when you visit a place where people are so friendly :)
:iconsticks84:
sticks84 Featured By Owner Jun 29, 2013  Hobbyist Artist
I'm not awesome or anything, but I love making new friends!
BuuckPhotography Featured By Owner Jul 8, 2013  Professional Photographer
That sounds awesome to me! I like your DevID photo. That's intense :D

So what's your favorite thing to do?
sticks84 Featured By Owner Jul 11, 2013  Hobbyist Artist
Thanks it's from one of my fav shows. Well I have never been one to just name one thing in general, besides drawing my favorite thing would be cooking and studying anything about the paranormal.
BuuckPhotography Featured By Owner Jul 19, 2013  Professional Photographer
Those sound pretty interesting :)  What type of food do you typically cook?  I prefer baking, because of all the sugar lol.  Tiramisu and cheesecake are always good.  I made a souffle once, and was so amazed.  I had help of course xD
sticks84 Featured By Owner Jul 21, 2013  Hobbyist Artist
My day usually consists of anything I can grill.  Burgers, chicken things like that.  I do like prepping and baking dinners more over than just cooking, but word from everyone around I seem to be the only cook out of 5 others that can perfectly cook a Liver.  It made me happy a few weeks ago a party of 8 requested only me to touch their food.  Too bad everyone else I worked with kinda gave me weird looks, lol.
BuuckPhotography Featured By Owner Jul 26, 2013  Professional Photographer
Oh sweet, that sounds awesome!  It must be amazing being surrounded by food all day :)

Sounds like you're the top chef.  So I'm guessing that liver is hard to make a perfect liver.  Maybe that's why I don't like it (haven't had it cooked right)

Lol, the weird looks.

sticks84 Featured By Owner Jul 27, 2013  Hobbyist Artist
Funny thing is I hate liver too.  And I've tried to like it and just can't do it. 
The thing about liver is it needs to be just in between medium. Still a little soft but cooked, but not rubbery wood.
Haha, well I guess you won't be tempted to eat your own food before it gets to the customer xD

Oh man, rubbery wood?  That would be hard to eat for sure!
:iconsnowball1948:
snowball1948 Featured By Owner Jun 19, 2013  Student Traditional Artist
Hi there! :iconwave-uplz: I have been around on DeviantART for a long time. :iconheartrollplz: If you are interested in very talented artist, I can should show a few of DeviantART's bests if you would like. :iconshoujogrinplz:
BuuckPhotography Featured By Owner Jun 22, 2013  Professional Photographer
Sure, I'm down to check out a few artist. Just please don't overload me with too many :)
snowball1948 Featured By Owner Jun 24, 2013  Student Traditional Artist
Yay, first would you mind telling me what kind of art you are into so I can send you ones you would be interested in. :iconshoujogrinplz:
BuuckPhotography Featured By Owner Jun 29, 2013  Professional Photographer
I would say concept art and something really unique and/or bizarre (e.g. :iconjosetonito: :iconnegativefeedback: )
snowball1948 Featured By Owner Jun 29, 2013  Student Traditional Artist
Oh hmm, i see. I only know good anime artists, sorry. :iconorekibakaplz:
Oh well, send a couple my way. I do like the style of anime art
snowball1948 Featured By Owner Jun 29, 2013  Student Traditional Artist
traditional or digital, sorry for so many questions, there are so many great one have to narrow down :iconorekibakaplz:
BuuckPhotography Featured By Owner Jul 8, 2013  Professional Photographer
With anime, I'd say my preference is digital but please suggest a couple traditional art ones too. I'd like to see something a bit different :)

Thanks!
(1 Reply)
:icondemonic-creature:
Demonic-creature Featured By Owner Jun 18, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
B-b-but being a silent person is so~ fun :D Can't say I'm an awesome artist (yet) but I can say I'm an awesome person (at least... I think so) so... friends? :) (by the way- some of your photos are awesome)
Haha, guess I'm going to back into hiding. Well, if you are awesome like you say... I guess we can be friends xD

So what are some of your favorite things to do? Exploring (particularly backpacking and road trips) and snowboarding are mine. Oh, and I listen to music all the time!

Thanks for checking out my photos! I'm glad you enjoyed them :)
Demonic-creature Featured By Owner Jun 27, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
The silent ones will welcome you with open arms *nods* just not words. Well I never lie (ignoring the fact that that in itself is a lie...) so it should be a guess :D
Uh... the basic stuff would be books, drawing, and music. The stuff that I rarely ever get to do but love would be hiking and exploring caverns (even though I've only done the latter once- why aren't they closer to me!!!!)
On music... what kind? I'm not really picky only one I can't stand would be country.
Haha, hugs are even better!

Cool, recently I started picking up books again. Been reading through the Game of Thrones series. Have you read them?

Caverns are awesome! Which one did you go to? I've been to a few and would say that Oregon Caves Nat'l Monument is my favorite so far.

Lolol, it seems that everyone says they can't stand country. Admittedly, it is my least favorite. Though when I moved away from home, I started to like how it reminded me of home - my high school friends forced me to listen to country in their car xD I mostly listen to chillstep, EDM, and some dubstep (Mitis, Uppermost, Zedd, Example, Flux Pavilion, Kaskade, Calvin Harris) There are indie bands that I really like, but find (Alt J, Of Monsters and Men, The Lumineers, M83, Faded Paper Figures, and Lena). Do any of those sound familiar? How about you?
Demonic-creature Featured By Owner Jun 30, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
They are *nods*
I started the first one a while back- loved it until I got grounded and then distracted by stuff so I haven't gotten back to it. My mom has the whole series so when I do start reading them I can read them in one go.
Uh... I went to one in Kentucky... I forgot the name (me and names don't get along very well)
I noticed that to lol. Guess country isn't a big hit in most areas. Lol nice. O
Calvin Harris! I know him. Haven't heard many but I do like the few songs I have heard. Um- heard of the one where Florence from Florence and the Machine was singing? Kaskade sounds familiar and so does Flux Pavilion. I have heard songs from Monsters and Men (one or two songs- which I did like) The Lumineers are awesome. Might have heard from a few others but don't recall the artists name. Fore me it depends on my mood- Evanescence and Linkin Park are my top fav. Florence and the Machine is another band I like as well as Lacuna Coil, Live, Green Day, Enigma, 3 doors down, 3 Days grace, David Guetta (or however you spell the last name), The Black Eyed Peas... and probably several others that I eithe rnever learned the name of or are not on the top of my head. Any of those you like?
BuuckPhotography Featured By Owner Jul 9, 2013  Professional Photographer
Nooo!! You need to start reading it again :D

Was it Mammoth Cave Nat'l Park?

Haha, or maybe we just hang out with others who share our distaste for country music xD

Oh yeah, that's a good song. Florence and the Machine has lots of good songs too! Ahh, yes Evanescence and Linkin Park are nice. They bring back memories of high school. Live and David Guetta are awesome! (speaking of Live reminded me of Toad and the Wet Sprocket) I like the other bands you mentioned too, just not as fervently lol. Those are quite enjoyable bands.
Demonic-creature Featured By Owner Jul 9, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I know- but at this moment I don't have access to the books (on vacation in a somewhat far away state) :(
Possibly- once again names are not my strong point (which I need to fix that issue)
True- my dads family do have an odd love for country (but I don't see them very often so *waves hand*)
I don't think I have heard of Toad and the Wet Sprocket but I take they are similar to Live?
BuuckPhotography Featured By Owner Jul 19, 2013  Professional Photographer
Oh lol.  Well, vacation takes precedent xD

Haha no worries.  Until you tell me otherwise, I'll believe it was Mammoth Caves :)

Do you bring the ear plugs when you visit them?  Just kidding :)

I guess they're similar.  It just depends on how picky one gets (and how well I can remember).  I made the connection between the two, since they were popular around the same time.
(1 Reply)
:iconcrazkid:
craZkid Featured By Owner Jun 15, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Well hello there! And goodness if your post isn't the popular one! It's always a pleasure to make new friends, especially ones with similar interests. What are you interested in besides photography. I dabble in it a wee bit but nothing as good as what I've seen in your gallery!
BuuckPhotography Featured By Owner Jun 17, 2013  Professional Photographer
Haha, I just checked and wow you're right! Not sure when that happened xD

My biggest interest is traveling, which is part of how I really developed my pursuit of photography. I like the adventure of seeing and exploring new (to me) places. So, until recently, I had taken photographs only to remember places (and not so much to capture their essence). Not sure if that makes much sense xD I also like to snowboard and listen to music nearly every waking hour. I'm glad to hear you like my gallery :)

What are your favorite things to do? I see you play the harp. At least own one :)
craZkid Featured By Owner Jun 18, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
^^ Kudos to you for the snowboarding thing, I'd fall over and probably die in some embarrassing way. My favorite things to do are draw, (no-brainer^^) write both my own stories and fanfiction, Irish step-dance (competition this fall woohoo! :D) And yes I do play the harp, although it's a pain to tune it every time I play, but it's a labor of love for the instrument! ^^
Haha, well there is a lot of embarrassment at first. My first few times, I would fall down every 50ft. When we'd finish, I'd have a soaking wet butt. I've even had a couple face plants. Those are NOT COOL xD

Irish step-dance? That sounds awesome! Where do you go for the competition?

I didn't know they need to be tuned every time, but that makes sense seeing how it's a string instrument. That would be obnoxious. So how often do you play it?
craZkid Featured By Owner Jun 22, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
50 ft is better than I could do. ^^ What is the highest elevation that you've skied down so far?

Thanks! I'm going to the Two Rivers Feile in Des Moines Iowa this year. I get new shoes and a new wig and everything! It used to be that you had to curl your hair and leave the curlers in for three days, girls would have like 200 bendy curlers in their hair at one time!!! And of course having a pixie cut myself I wouldn't be able to curl my hair with as many curls as they want. ^^

And yes, harps are pretty temperamental, but eventually they actually adapt to the player and stay in tune longer. And I don't play it nearly as often as I need to. ^^ But my teacher says I'm making progress so I just need to practice more. XD
Hmm... elevation. I think the highest resort I've been to was 11,457ft and went down 3,826ft over an 5 mile ski run. Not quite sure if that's what you were asking. I've gone off some jumps, but not very good at them yet xD

Oh that's cool that you get all dressed up too! I don't know much about hair, but that sure sounds crazy :) Have you done this before? It seems like you know the competition pretty well.

It can be tough to practice with how busy life keeps us. It's good that you are doing well. I know what you mean though, I started learning the piano in fall and haven't touched it since New Years. Haven't played the guitar or trumpet in over a year :/ So how long have you been playing the harp?
craZkid Featured By Owner Jun 22, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
11,457 FEET??? Good grief! I think I'd die from sheer fright on the way up! XD I don't do heights unless it's a tree. I'd imagine it's scary going off of jumps, at least the first few times, how fast do you go on those things?

I've been to competition to see my friends dance before, but this is my first year of actually competing, and after going to so many to see others dance, I know first hand that the rules are CRAZY strict! I've mostly danced at parades and such but I finally gave in to my fellow dancers after months and months of begging me to compete (I don't like being on stage for anything except dance). It's better than speaking in front of people though, you just have to smile and focus on your feet! ^^

And piano is such a cool instrument. I played it from when I was seven up til 7th grade (and hated it) but it makes playing the harp easier, I don't have to learn measures and note names and the like. I've been playing the harp for about four years now, it's so much fun. Did you ever play in a band with trumpet and guitar?
BuuckPhotography Featured By Owner Jun 23, 2013  Professional Photographer
Well, it wasn't as steep as you might think xD So you like climbing trees? That's always fun :) Yeah, the jumps can be nerve racking. And the thing with jumps is that you have to go decently fast to actually do it.

Oh cool! That will be a different experience for sure. Maybe this year they'll make you speak while you dance xP That would sure make you happy, right? Just kidding :)

Hahaha, I wasn't expecting you to say you hated the piano lol. And for years on the harp... you must be a pro! Yeah, I played in the school band 5th-8th grade for the trumpet. As for the guitar, I've played intermittently since 1999. In college, we started a garage band with some friends but never actually pursued it (it ended up being just a bunch of jamming sessions). Fun times :D
(2 Replies)
:iconsamira-eos:
Samira-Eos Featured By Owner Jun 1, 2013  Student General Artist
I don't wanna be siletn person too. And I'm looking dor some art-friends.
So, what are your hobbies? ^^ Is there something you like doing the most?
BuuckPhotography Featured By Owner Jun 12, 2013  Professional Photographer
Yeah, I guess I can't say that you're silent xD

I really like traveling and adventures. It's just fun to see new places, even if it's someplace around home. I like snowboarding too! Sadly, I didn't go last winter (had no money & there wasn't much snow anyways). I'm looking forward to this winter :D So basically, outdoor things are my favorites. Oh yeah, camping and backpacking trips are really awesome!

How about you?
:iconsamira-eos:
Samira-Eos Featured By Owner Jun 13, 2013  Student General Artist
I also like snowboarding and travelling, but my "favourite hobbies" are parapsychology and rpg-games (table-top, traditional xD). Well, I like video games, m&a and american comic too, aye.
BuuckPhotography Featured By Owner Jun 14, 2013  Professional Photographer
Oh cool! What places do you go snowboarding at? Anywhere in the U.S. I usually go to the resorts around Tahoe, since they are closest. My favorite resorts I have been to were in Utah and Colorado. They have such dry, fluffy snow!

By table-top rpg games, would that be something like DnD? I played that once but didn't understand what to do. The concept did seem pretty fun though.
Add a Comment: