Closed to new replies
January 22, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 11
:iconomnihi:
Omnihi Featured By Owner Jan 22, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Hello to all and to all hello.

I am JFH which stands for Johanna Franciska Hartgers. Yeah, try saying that out loud when you are not born in the Netherlands. That's why the short-cut. I write for my money and draw out of fantasy-overflow. I read a lot, most history for my writing so I tend to stumble upon a lot of inspiring women.

Last new year, in a drunk stupor, Hermanneke came to me. I did not pay much attention to her at first, but whenever I came upon someone I felt inspired by I kept seeing her in Hermanneke's form. So I did my first, just a plain one, to see how she would flow out of my pencil and while doing so I immediately new what her colors would be. Brown for the element earth, strong, comforting, always still. Yellow for spirit, for everyone's spirit shoulsd feel like sunshine (feeble hope, I know, but can't blame a girl for trying ;) ) Red for fire, red also stands for love, lust and passion in general. Green/blue for water, and without water no life, and blue for air, always in movement.

Her name is a tribute to my father (rip) Herman and my mother ( still her :) ) Anneke

Herm/An/nekke

For without them I would not be here and without me Hermanneke would not have seen the light of day. Also, Hermanneke had a cute sound to it,. although I must admit I have not given any thoughts about how it might sound in other languages :D

I modeled her after the old fertility goddesses like the Venus of Willendorf. Her forms more a tribute to her strength and to amplify her womanhood. I wanted a simple way to show a female figurine in many forms, and I think I managed. Also, I am used in drawing full figured women so it came natural to me.

So I hope you might take a look at my little girl, take care and keep safe!

JFH

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconniacherryblossom:
niacherryblossom Featured By Owner Jan 22, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
hello
Omnihi Featured By Owner Jan 26, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Hi, thanks for the welcome
:iconniacherryblossom:
niacherryblossom Featured By Owner Jan 27, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
anytime.
:icondaisytailsmousery:
DaisyTailsMousery Featured By Owner Jan 22, 2013
Hi :)
:) Hi, djee, such nice people here :)
DaisyTailsMousery Featured By Owner Jan 26, 2013
I know! I love this site :) Everyone I've met is nice except for one ass who was easily blocked.
Ah, well, you need the occasional ass to appreciate the good people just a wee bit more ;)
Good to read that the site offers enough protection to deal with them though
DaisyTailsMousery Featured By Owner Jan 26, 2013
Yeah, it is pretty nice here :) And it's cool to see everyones different art styles and interests
:iconsevmd:
SEVMD Featured By Owner Jan 22, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Damn, I suck at drawing full figurine woman :/

Anyways, welcome to DA~
Thank you, so kind!

And when drawing full figured women... think circles and ellipses.
All that starts with the letter B ( Boobs, Belly, Bottom) start with a circle (in the case of boobs and bum 2 circles per set of course :))and use it to draw the shape inside it.
Arms and legs draw a ellipse and draw the form inside it.
For the head, best think I could come up with is a form shaped like a guitar-pick. Give the face it's shape inside.
I have started doing this when I was 14 and after a while I had no need for the circles and such anymore :)

If you try, keep me posted allright? :)
Add a Comment: