Closed to new replies
January 21, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 3

New Here With Poetry Questions!

:iconjackupnorth:
JackUpNorth Featured By Owner Jan 20, 2013
Hello! My name's Jack, and I decided to make an account here just recently because I saw people uploaded poetry on the site. I've seen a lot of the awesome artwork on here before, but I never considered actually getting on or contributing because I can't draw or paint to save my life. But I am a poet and musician, and I'd love to have a place to post some of my verses and get some feedback. And everybody here seems so incredibly nice and helpful with their criticisms. It just seems like a wonderful community I'd like to be a part of! But I do have some questions. Firstly, do my poems become copyrighted when I post them here? I've always been a little worried about people absconding with my verses. And am I giving away the rights to my works to the website if I post them here? Any help would be appreciated!

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconthetaoofchaos:
thetaoofchaos Featured By Owner Jan 22, 2013   Writer
What would you say is the style of poetry that you write?  How long have you been writing poetry?  I do critiques on request, if you're interested in feedback.
:iconnineverbstoacat:
NineVerbsToACat Featured By Owner Jan 21, 2013   Writer
Hi Jack, or Up, or North for that matter. Maybe not shortening your name would be the best way to go...
I'm new here too. Well, this account is. I've been on DA a while. I write prose, not poetry, though I've dabbled a little. But I can try and give you some critique when you get round to posting stuff.
Alas I am not entirely certain about your questions. If you post something online there is always the possibility of someone stealing them and claiming them as your own sadly. I'm pretty sure copyright remains with the artist. When you submit art there's something at the bottom of the page called 'Creative Commons' where you can either allow or prohibit the use of your art for commercial or other purposes. So you might want to have a look at that.
Anywho, hoped that helped.
:icon3wyl:
3wyl Featured By Owner Jan 21, 2013  Hobbyist Photographer
What kind of a musician? :la:
Add a Comment: