Closed to new replies
January 17, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 37

Crazy in love with art - Searching for creative friends

:iconmoliugele:
Moliugele Featured By Owner Jan 17, 2013  Student General Artist
Hello! My name is Diana. I'm an art student and I can't live without my pencils and brushes. I dream of a successful professional artist career. I'd be very happy if I could work as an illustrator and continue painting with oils on my free time. I'm searching for friends to talk about art stuff, search for inspiration together and maybe participate in some kind of fun projects. I'm also looking forward to learn something new and share my knowledge with everyone else. So feel free to express any of your thoughts and ask any questions you have. You can also contact me on facebook, I'm kinda active there and searching for friend artists to like and socialize with.

About my interests: I'm into games like Nwn, Dao, L4D, Portal, etc. I really like reading a lot. And I love dogs. I own a wonderful doberman Bruno.

I really hope to fit in here on Deviantart and find a lot of interesting friends!

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconcelmarina:
Celmarina Featured By Owner Jan 20, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Oh my goodness! Someone who's good with oils. I was mainly a digital artist, till last year, when I started studying art. I find oils really different from the mediums I'm used to. My teacher says to mix a bowl half of linseed oil and half of turpentine and use it instead of water, but it just makes my paint crack and dry! And my brushes get ruined so quickly, too. I've just started painting in oils and I would love it if you could give me some tips on the practicality of things :D
Moliugele Featured By Owner Jan 20, 2013  Student General Artist
:la: yea! yes! I just love oils!!! :woohoo:
Well, first of all I don't understand why your teacher told you to do that... You can use the linseed oil and the turpentine singly. Just make sure you don't use too much of linseed oil, the paint should always be in a bigger amount. The main differences are that the linseed oil makes the paint dry a lot longer and after that it shines, and turpentine dries A LOT faster and there is no shine on the surface after that. Oh and if you use turpentine, you can make the paint very liquid. I like to make a drawing on the first layer with it. Tho in my opinion linseed oil helps to blend more neatly. I like to use it on details and whenever I need the painting to stay wet for a longer time. But I'm still thinking about changing it to some other oil that won't do the yellowish effect after some time the painting dries.
About the brushes. Use some turpentine first and then wash them with the laundry soap. It's cheap, but very effective. Don't brush it into the soap, but gently rub the soap into the brush. If that doesn't help, you can leave your brushes in some vegetable oil and wash them with the soap again. When I'm not lazy to do all this my brushes live a longer life :D
Sooo... Anything else? :la:
:iconcharlottejks:
Charlottejks Featured By Owner Jan 20, 2013  Hobbyist Artisan Crafter
Heyyyy! I'm looking for some art buddies too! :D I also can't live without my pencil but I'm also experimenting with watercolour and digital art :) I also love reading, my favourite at the sec is Game of Thrones! Pleased to meet you!
Moliugele Featured By Owner Jan 20, 2013  Student General Artist
Hey there! Nice to meet you, Charlotte! I love The Game of Thrones, but I didn't read it, just watched it. Can't wait for the next season! The last episode ended awesomely! :woohoo:
:iconcharlottejks:
Charlottejks Featured By Owner Jan 20, 2013  Hobbyist Artisan Crafter
You should pick up the books! But I agree the episodes are awesome :3 The next season isn't far away, have you seen the teaser trailer for it?
Moliugele Featured By Owner Jan 21, 2013  Student General Artist
Oh, no! I should go search for it! :o
:iconpanna-cotta:
panna-cotta Featured By Owner Jan 19, 2013  Hobbyist Photographer
Hi! I'm more of a photographer, sometimes writer but I really like to doodle from time to time, especially cats.
I used to draw, paint and just create a lot when I was younger but then I got interested in writing and language in general and stopped practicing so I'm not good at all. I was only lucky enough to have had the opportunity to learn many different techniques like painting on the glass, batik, painting on silk, linocut etc. These are good memories.
Apart from that I just really like to talk so if you look somebody to chat with it would be nice. I love reading and watching films. I noticed that you mentioned Dostoyevsky above - I love him too!
I can't really talk about my art stuff as there is none but I could tell my opinion about yours and seek inspiration together :)
Moliugele Featured By Owner Jan 19, 2013  Student General Artist
Hey Ania! So nice to meet you! Are you going to draw and paint again or you gonna focus on writing? I looked at your photos and I really have something to say. I'll comment right away.
I learned lino cut too, also dry point, printing and stamping. It's always useful to try out different techniques.
And I cant believe someone else loves Dostoyevsky! :D I thought nobody would even know who he is.
And thanks for your opinion on my art. :hug: I'll add you if you don't mind.
:iconpanna-cotta:
panna-cotta Featured By Owner Jan 19, 2013  Hobbyist Photographer
I bought a tablet last year so from time to time I try either traditional (pencil) or digital art but it's not very often. I plan to draw more when I'm done with my end of term exams (but it won't be very impressive as I don't have enough experience).
As for now I really love taking photos. I want to come back to writing too but I'm waiting for a decent idea to come to my mind first.
I still have quite many books by Dostoyevsky to read but I already knew after reading Crime and Punishment that he's amazing. I can even forgive him that he wrote very long books in order to get more money for them :D
You're welcome! I'll watch you too, I don't want to miss the portrait!
Moliugele Featured By Owner Jan 19, 2013  Student General Artist
Oooh! :D Jealous much! I'm still saving money to buy a wacom. I think you gonna do great in any art type you come back to. Again, your photos are great.
Yea, "Crime and punishment" was his first book I read and I rushed to find everything else. And I can't forgive him for not finishing "Netochka Nezvanova". :D But the most interesting thing is that every story I read helped my with some kind of personal problem. I was lost a few times and I found answers in his book. It's like if he would write everything personally for me and managed to give me the right book at the right time. That's why I'm so in love with him. :heart:
Uf. I don't know if I'll manage to paint that portrait any soon. I had another project on my mind. It has to be on a wood panel, but I'm still searching for the right materials.
Add a Comment: