Closed to new replies
January 16, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 17

teenage photographers?

:icongemmadawn:
gemmadawn Jan 16, 2013  Student Photographer
I'm not exactly new, but I want to meet new people and this seems like the best place to do so.
I would really like to talk to some other teenage photographers c:
i don't bite?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconmeztere:
Meztere Jan 17, 2013  Student Writer
I love photography :3
I don't have a real camera, though, I just use my phone, which has a surprisingly good camera on it. Unfortunately, I don't have steady hands...
BUT photography isn't my main reason for coming to dA, writing is.
But but I still take pictures and post them here because yes.
:iconjackjohnson64:
I use to be a teenage photographer O: ....But then I got old... What camera you using?
gemmadawn Jan 17, 2013  Student Photographer
well done. ha.
Nikon D3100 :3 it is my baby.
what do you use?
I looked it up. It seems like a decent camera :) How does it do in dark scenes? ...Like maybe at dusk without flash? I have a Sony a300
I haven't taken anything at dusk as of yet (although i really want to this year). It doesn't deal the best with darkness, but that is most likely my lack of knowledge.
It's the sensor and possibly the lens. When a picture is taken, 3 major things are taken into consideration for a good exposure (not too bright, not too dark). The shutter speed (exposure time), the sensor sensitivity and the aperture of the lens (how much light is let in).

When a scene is very dark, and assuming the camera is on auto mode, the camera (my camera anyway) will usually crank up the sensitivity of the sensor and set the lens for a wide aperture. It does this to try to keep the shutter fairly fast.

The sensitivity level of the sensor is called the ISO rating. Some sensors perform better than others at higher ratings. If you take a photo and it looks all grainy (noise), look and see what the ISO was on that pic. If it's something high like 3200, you need to turn it down and leave the shutter open for a little longer. Hope this helps :)
Thank you, I did know most of this, however perhaps I have only tried to take these style of photos once it is just too dark for my camera to deal with, but this has at least has gone over the topic in simple terms so thank you :)
I am doing 365 this year so I plan to get up some early mornings to try and find fog and experiment.
You're welcome :)
I never heard of the 365 thing before. ...Lucky me I usually take at-least one or two photos each week. Good enough lol but now I want to do it every day :D

Did you camera come with software to keep your photos organized?
really? It has gotten quite popular over the past few years. It isn't necessary but I was curious as to how I could cope with it, the pressure to try and be creative every day and produce quality and not just some random photo. I am only 18 days in and already struggling. But it is a push and hopefully I will develop.

By organised do you mean just sorting into folders? If so, no. I use import the photos using the default computer program and then sort them into proper folders on my hard drive whenever my computer is full haha. Why did your camera come with software?
(2 Replies)
:iconmindofinsanity:
MindOfInsanity Jan 17, 2013  Hobbyist Photographer
Im a teenage photographer and you may always contact me though im not that good yet.
Add a Comment: