Shop Mobile More Submit  Join Login

Details

Closed to new replies
January 14, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 34

Hello, is there anyone in there? Just knock if you can hear me.

:iconwolfos96:
wolfos96 Featured By Owner Jan 14, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
Hello everyone! I know I'm not exactly new, and I've been hanging around lately, but I'm posting because I'm ready to get back to business and write again!

I'm 18 and in the Air Force. I enjoy some video games, cooking, running, dreaming, writing, and generally anything adventerous. I love music, but I also judge it harshly in some genres. I'm not really much of a TV watcher or a book reader.

That's basically who I am. Feel free to ask more about me. If you'd like, I could use a friend here. I love a good conversation!

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconfreyv:
freyv Featured By Owner Jan 15, 2013  Student Digital Artist
Wow, awesome that you're in the air force! I'm Lyllisa (or Lisa) :aww:
If you're looking for some friends, I'd love for you to join my new group! [link]
It's pretty small right now, but if you join and some more people join, we'll hopefully grow to quite the little gang after a while!
You can also submit your art there to share with all our future members and watchers!
wolfos96 Featured By Owner Jan 15, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
Sounds ineresting. I might join.
:iconcameron-hurd:
Cameron-Hurd Featured By Owner Jan 14, 2013  Student General Artist
pink floyd?? great band, air force? awesome man :D
Hey! Glad someone found the reference!
:iconcameron-hurd:
Cameron-Hurd Featured By Owner Jan 14, 2013  Student General Artist
of course, comfortably numb is possibly one of the best songs ever!
:iconsircredo:
SirCredo Featured By Owner Jan 14, 2013
18 and in the air force? That's cool. My father was in the air force, but when i told him I wanted to work there as well he told me that "one is enough" I mean, it's the italian air force we're talking about, so now that I'm grown up i get what he meant :)
Still, very cool
I'm assuming you live in Italy then?
SirCredo Featured By Owner Jan 15, 2013
Yeah, forgot to mention that ^^ Where are you from?
United States
SirCredo Featured By Owner Jan 15, 2013
You should have some kick ass training there... my dad gained a lot of weight during an army survival camp. SURVIVAL camp :| Guess that being an airforce pilot in here, must be like being the kid with a slingshot among a ton of bullies with wooden baseball bats ^^
:icondaisytailsmousery:
DaisyTailsMousery Featured By Owner Jan 14, 2013
Hi :) I'm daisy and I'm with you on the "anything adventurous" thing. I also don't watch much t.v. but I do read books from time to time. I like music of (almost) all genres and. I breed mice, love origami, always take pictures of everything, and I love making new friends and chatting with people :) Feel free to send me a message anytime to say hello!
Hello there! Mice breeding... How'd you come across that?
Well I bought a pregnant mouse from a petstore when I was in 2nd grade and been obsessed with mice ever since. I've recently taken an interest in genetics and quickly figured out what my mice had. I bred them and discovered that my mice carry pink eye dilutes ( a rare recessive) so I started up a breeding program. I am also trying to breed my pet type mice to look more like show quality.
Show quality mice compared to pet quality mice. Show quality are bigger have longer tails bigger ears wider heads bigger eyes wedge shaped roman snouts and an arched back. They are also slimmerand less round. It's gonna be a pain in the ass getting my mice to better quality. [link] (don't have to read it the pics are just kinda intersting)
That's prety cool! I've never known anyone with a pet mouse, but I bet they make good pets, though.
Mine are so spoiled they beg like dogs every time I walk past their cage! XD
ANd they're the cutest things when they're babies, too! The only thing I don't like is the culling part DX
Culling? What's that?
I take the males out while they're babies and prekill them to be fed to snakes. I cry every time and people are always calling me a monster for doing it, but I believe it is the right thing to do. If my mouse has a litter of more than 6 I take out the excess males. Mice have litters that average 10-20 and in the wild more than half don't make it. A mother mouse is only meant to raise 4-6 babies and more than that can make her weak and malnourished and the other babies are also weak and smaller as adults. Boys aren't good pets either. They can't be housed together because they fight to the death. House them alone and they get mental problems. House them with a female and get 20 babies every 3 weeks. It's best to just take them out when they're young. :(
Ouch. It sucks how nature works, sometimes.
(2 Replies)
:iconslightlywinged:
SlightlyWinged Featured By Owner Jan 14, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Hello! From what you said about yourself we seem kind of like opposites, but it never hurts to try and make friends, right?
It's always worth a shot! What makes you say we're opposites?
Mostly the "anything adventurous" part. I'm this shy little girl who stays in her house all day. ^^; We do have a lot in common though. Obviously we're both artists/writers. I'm not much of a video gamer, I only play Pokemon, but I do love music.

I also write too. Still new, but I'm getting there. ;P
Pokemon is a great game! What kind of music do you like? Also, what do you like to write about when you do write?
I grew up on country music, so I'm naturally predisposed to country. I don't really like a certain type of music though, certain songs just appeal to me. As for writing, I do Sci-fi and sometimes Fantasy. I use my art and writing to escape from life.
I'm not too fond of country, but it could be worse. Any reason why you need an escape from life?
Not really, I don't have it that hard compared to a lot of people. But in my early life, I had an abusive dad (he's calmed down through the years) and two hellish older brothers (Not saying men are bad. Just saying I did not like it when they grabbed me by the ankles and held me upside down, among other things). So I escaped. Then when I got into school I got bullied, so I escaped some more. Now escaping is a habit, a reflex for me. I just do it naturally when things get even a bit stressful.

Sorry, I know you didn't ask for my life story. D:
Sorry to hear that. I hope things are better for you now. Any chance a good story could've come from there?
(1 Reply)
Add a Comment: