Shop More Submit  Join Login

Details

Closed to new replies
January 10, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 1

Welcome, new deviant writers! Need any help?

:iconazizriandaoxrak:
AzizrianDaoXrak Featured By Owner Jan 9, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
:wave: I just wanted to offer writers who are new to deviantART a great big HI AND HELLO THERE FROM THE DEVIANTART LITERATURE COMMUNITY!

We can be a tough community for new folks to find, so I started a tutorial series specifically for new writers to start getting into the community. It's not quite finished yet, but I thought you might find it helpful!

So you want to join the dA lit community? Part IGreetings, all! WELCOME TO DEVIANTART! I'm so excited to welcome you to a community I have been a member of for going-on 8 years. I started this tutorial specifically because I know the literature community is difficult to find, so I wanted to create a kind of quick reference guidefor writers who have just joined dA (or returned to it after a long haitus) to let people know how things work, where to go for critique, contests, help, DD suggestions, or just friendly conversation! In this guide, I would like to talk about how to submit literature, critiques, Daily Deviations, people you should know, the literature forum, and groups. This tutorial began life as a single article. About halfway through the first section, I realized there was no way I could fit all the information that I think is important for new members to know into a single guide without creating an impossibly-long article. So, I'll be including links to the other parts of this tutorial in the comments section at the bo
Part I is all about the most basic aspect of being a deviant writer: how to submit literature! I walk you through two methods in this tutorial.
So you want to join the dA lit community? Part IIGreetings, all! WELCOME TO DEVIANTART! I'm so excited to welcome you to a community I have been a member of for going-on 8 years. I started this tutorial specifically because I know the literature community is difficult to find, so I wanted to create a kind of quick reference guide for writers who have just joined dA (or returned to it after a long haitus) to let people know how things work, where to go for critique, contests, help, DD suggestions, or just friendly conversation! In this guide, I would like to talk about how to submit literature, critiques, Daily Deviations, people you should know, the literature forum, and groups. This tutorial began life as a single article. About halfway through the first section, I realized there was no way I could fit all the information that I think is important for new members to know into a single guide without creating an impossibly-long article. So, I'll be including links to the other parts of this tutorial in the comments section at the b
Part II introduces you to premium memberships, the official dA critique system, and how to use it.
So you want to join the dA lit community? Part IIIGreetings, all! Welcome to deviantART! I'm so excited to welcome you to a  community I have been a member of for going-on 8 years. I started this tutorial  specifically because I know the literature community is difficult to  find, so I wanted to create a kind of quick reference guide for writers  who have just joined dA (or returned to it after a long haitus) to let  people know how things work, where to go for critique, contests, help,  DD suggestions, or just friendly conversation! In this guide, I would like to talk about how to submit literature, critiques, Daily  Deviations, people you should know, the literature forum, and groups. This  tutorial began life as a single article. About halfway through the  first section, I realized there was no way I could fit all the  information that I think is important for new members to know into a  single guide without creating an impossibly-long article. So, I'll be  including lin
Part III talks about how to write a thorough critique, how to respond to critique, offers resources for new critics, and introduces you to some critique-oriented groups here on dA to help you find your way into the lit community.

I'll also be posting tutorials on what Daily Deviations and Daily Lit Deviations are, and people from the lit community you should know.

If you've got any questions about the lit community on dA right now, feel free to drop me a message in the comments below and I'll do my best to answer (or send you in the direction of someone who can)!

And once again: Welcome! We're so glad you're here!

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.