Closed to new replies
January 9, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 107

Looking for new friends!

:iconthe-tiger-thief:
The-Tiger-Thief Featured By Owner Jan 9, 2013  Student Writer
I'm looking to meet new friends! I'm not that new to dA, but I don't have any friends on here... :lonely:

I'm 15, I live in Australia, I'm on dA regularly, I love to read, I play the piano and I do Goju Kai Karate. I absolutely LOVE martial arts!
And if it wasn't obvious by my username, my favourite animal are tigers.

Has 2013 been good for you so far? :meow:

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconhammie-d:
hammie-d Featured By Owner Feb 17, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Hello there :iconyattaaplz: omg you're like 10cm taller than me :iconlazycryplz:
I don't have that many friends here u ____ u So let's be friends? :'D

I prefer reading mangas over real books xD I'm interested in martial arts and am currently taking Aikido but I'm still a noob C':
I prefer domestic felines, but tigers are cool too x3
The-Tiger-Thief Featured By Owner Feb 19, 2013  Student Writer
Hi :wave: Haha, I'm not used to being much taller than other people I'm usually a shorty, or maybe I just hang around with a bunch of people that are really tall... I don't know a lot about Aikido, what's it like? :) I love all cats, just especially tigers! :heart:
hammie-d Featured By Owner Feb 19, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
U SAY WAT NAO?? That means that if I were to migrate to your place, I'd be a midget. :iconcryforeverplz:

We mainly learn how to manipulate your opponent's attack to your advantage, your typical rolls and slams. At the end of every month we get to use our wooden weapons, which consist of the tanto, bokken and jo yay ^ u ^ How's karate? :3

All cats are such elegant creatures * q * I find cheetahs and panthers pretty :'D
The-Tiger-Thief Featured By Owner Feb 20, 2013  Student Writer
Haha :D Ooh that sounds like fun, especially the wooden weapons part! I'm very interested in learning to use weapons, but I have to be a bit more advanced before they teach me. However my parents both happen to be black belts and can both teach me a little weapon stuff early :eager: It's great, I had class yesterday actually. It's so much fun! Yes I love cheetahs too, cats are just so gorgeous :heart:
hammie-d Featured By Owner Feb 20, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Yeah yeah it's fun :iconexcitedsmileplz: I always look forward to those lessons the most <3 Plus, carrying that those things around the public area makes me feel cool like I'm some kind of samurai lol :'D

Whoa both your parents are black belts!? Lucky~ Did they like fall in love during practice or competition or something? |D Learnt anything new? :3 Oh, and do you take up any sport? :3

And cats are adorable too :'3 I don't mind being a cat haha~
The-Tiger-Thief Featured By Owner Feb 20, 2013  Student Writer
They sound like heaps of fun! And yeah I can just imagine, haha. And yes, that is actually where they met and started dating! I think they actually went for their black belts together at the same time. Yes, we did a whole bunch of self defence stuff we've never done before. I haven't started to learn my new kata yet, but over the next few lessons my Sensei will probably start teaching me. It's funny, as a general thing I don't like sports but there are is a couple I'm really passionate about, mainly Karate and netball.
hammie-d Featured By Owner Feb 21, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Whoa that's so sweet and cool :iconmahfeelzplz: Haha I wonder when I'll get to experience such romance |D So do they still train together or something? :3
I'm really bad at memorizing new techniques sadly OTL Any tips for a noob like me? :'D Oh I'm sure you can't wait~
I never played netball e ______ e The schools I go to never seem to have that club xD

Honestly, I never bother myself with sports. I'm the slacker you see during PE lessons muahahahaa :iconyagamirapefaceplz:
But I do love aikido, archery and ice-skating~ I'm pretty much the type who does pretty okay if I'm passionate about the thing.
If I don't love it, I definitely will suck at it |D Just like my studies lol
The-Tiger-Thief Featured By Owner Feb 22, 2013  Student Writer
Unfortunately no, they divorced almost 10 years ago now. They could train at the different dojos in town, but my mum doesn't really have the time to with her work anymore but but dad still does. Yeah I'm pretty bad too, my problem is I tend to start overthinking what I'm doing and get muddled. So the only tip I could give you is to be relaxed as you do the technique and practice it over and over. Oh me too, don't worry! During PE I usually just stand at the back trying to hide or just sit down somewhere and do nothing haha. I do archery every week with my school actually, I really like it! And ice skating, I've only done it 2 or 3 times but it was pretty fun.
(1 Reply)
:icontogethertoday:
TogetherToday Featured By Owner Feb 15, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Hey there! I'm Togethertoday as you can see, but I don't know what I was thinking when I made my username. ;-; i desperately want it changed haha! You can just call me Janina though. :)

Australia? Is it nice over there? Or hot? I also love playing the piano! It's definitely one of my favorite instruments, if not my favorite! How long have you been playing?

Also, tigers are pretty awesome! Anything of the cat denomination, haha. Have you perchance seen/read Life of Pi? I haven't read the book, but I saw the movie recently and I loved it! :)

And I do believe 2013 has come to a good start! Hopefully the rest of the year will be okay, though, haha! How bout yourself?
The-Tiger-Thief Featured By Owner Feb 17, 2013  Student Writer
Hi Janina :) Yes, it's quite hot over here. I like the heat, although I don't like it when it starts to get really humid -_-

Well, I started piano when I was 7 and did it for a year and half before my piano teacher just left me randomly... She moved away or something, so I've started playing again. It's almost like I've had to start learning it again though, I hadn't touched a piano in so long I'd forgotten most of what I learnt.

I desperately want to see that movie! I think I'll read the book too if I get a chance. 2013 has been pretty good for me too, school has gotten really difficult though and I've only been back for about two weeks. The amount of work I've got is really starting to stress me out :/ Hopefully when I hand some of the work in it'll get a bit easier though, haha
Add a Comment: