Hello, I'm not sure if I'm new, but I am looking for new people to talk to

Hello, I don't have anyone to talk to on this site. So I want to find and meet new and awesome people that also shares the same interests as me.

Here's a little about my self
I'm a hobbyist traditional cartoon artist that hopefully will switch to digital since I'm getting a graphic tablet soon. I am just sixteen years old and in my final year of high school. I am heavily influenced to draw by the many of cartoons and anime and games I played and I watched when I was kid.

There hopefully that will start up a conversation or something. Can't wait to see those replies.
Comments41
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Hello!!!! I certainly like your artwork. The change from traditional to digital is a little scary. or to me it is. I never like using graphics tablets. It's a learning curve that takes time to develop T__T But I would suggest a Yinova Tablet 10" inch for starting with digital drawing. It's good for it's price and much more affordable than most on screen tablets.
Thanks for the tip. I really appreciate the advice but I already bought one. Im not sure Its a really good tablet since I was on a budget but it is a Bamboo tabet so Im happy enough.

I dont know, for me Its getting awfully frustrating not being able to color my stuff since I cant afford the essentials I needed. So I just decided to go digital so I can truely put alot more detail than I could wit just a pen and paper. I just need to find a good software >_<"
Recently Adobe CS2 has become free to use or you can use inkscape. There are plently of softwares available for use. For me, I pen and ink on paper with a lightboard then scan my drawings into photoshop if I need to clean things up.
well, I`ll be sure to check out Adobe CS2 since I already know what inkscape is.
I found it somewhere around the forums not sure where now. there is always google xD
Hello there! :D I must say your art work is fabulous for someone so young! Though it doesn't really matter how old you are I guess... but welcome to DA C:
yeah I guess but I needed something to talk about so hello
Hello, it's nice to meet you! How are you?
oh Im doing great after having an upset stomach
I dont know I ate a bag of spicy chips and the next thing after that is jus 5 hours of my stomach not co-operating with th rest of my body. But anyways Im over it and it is the last time I eat spicy chips again.
Oh, god, that sounds horrible. :( Were they out-of-date or something?
nah, Its just every time I eat too much spicy food, Ill have an upset stomach for a day.
Wow. How many chips did you eat then?!
View all replies
During the wedding rehearsal, the groom approached the pastor with an unusual offer:

"Look, I'll give you $100 if you'll change the wedding vows. When you get to the part where I'm supposed to promise to 'love, honor and obey' and 'be faithful to her forever,' I'd appreciate it if you'd just leave that out."

He passed the minister a $100 bill and walked away satisfied.

On the day of the wedding, when it came time for the groom's vows, the pastor looked the young man in the eye and said: "Will you promise to prostrate yourself before her, obey her every command and wish, serve her breakfast in bed every morning of your life, and swear eternally before God and your lovely wife that you will not ever even look at another woman, as long as you both shall live?"

The groom gulped and looked around, and said in a tiny voice, "Yes," then leaned toward the pastor and hissed: "I thought we had a deal."

The pastor put a $100 bill into the groom's hand and whispered: "She made me a better offer."

uh very great writing?
damn youre drawings are awesome o3o
hai~
:D
thank you and hello as well
where did you learn those skills? by yourself?
how is your day?
well I used to own a lot of how to draw books and trace the pictures when I was 7. later on I tried to draw my own made up characters along with some existing ones just for fun but sadly, it took me a year and a half to realize that I was doing somethinng wrong. So I try to study the human body anatomy from the the helpful pictures on this site and just go to my public library to find books about it and now, I couldn't be any more happier with the results Im seeing.

my day is looking good so long. just trying to fix my sleeping schedule is all.
damn no public library near me :nuu:

aw, yea a lot of people don't sleep because they have too much things that need to be done within the day
yes that is true, but I have nothing important to do for most days so Everytime I try to stay awake, I fall asleep for three hours or less since im doing nothing.
Yes, thats what I would do except I would always try to busy myself. Most of the time is practice drawing,games or books. Last resort would be study or I go to sleep....

However the games nowadays are nothing of interest, I'm still playing Diablo 3 but at an extremely slow pace.
View all replies