so... how do you become famous?

hey guys... so I'm not exactly new here but the community here is completely foreign to me. I don't even know how to like... notify a friend to reply here, and about the only thing I know to do is refer to somebody's icon lol

:icon7rebleclef: <-- yeeeea check out my noob dA skillz

Anyway, I've been on here for about a year now, and I probably should put some kind of improvement meme for the hell of it. I'm more active posting on tumblr than here, but it's just me being more comfortable there than here.
I'm only a hobby artist as I'm a full time computer science undergrad currently... so lol I'm not serious on becoming "deviantArt famous" because I soo do not have the time to pour into any more extracurricular endeavors. Honestly, the main reason I'm even posting here is out of boredom (and I keep telling myself I should shout out to dA).

I feel like I'm dropping an official "hello"... so. Hey. You.

Hey.
Comments96
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Hello, Sonata! :D

I'm also asking myself how to become famous, which isn't exactly an easy task, especially because I'm also a hobbyist! And take a look at my pictures made with GIMP, because many people would say they're aren't good enough: [link]
hey c:
I should change my dA name. It's so... eh. LOL btw I'm chen on subeta now if you didn't know~

I have a few collections of art tutorials and references, it might help you make some improvements 8D
I use GIMP2, also, though it doesn't get much attention like photoshop or SAI does. It takes a lot of practice ^^
You've changed your name on Subeta? But I prefer Sonata; it looks and sounds a lot more musical, if you ask me.
lol yes I have! thanks though;; I'm somewhat upset that they've named a drug after sonatas (which is a musical term for a certain type of composition) and after I had more than a few people ask me about that I just changed.
Well, hello!

And to earn some fame I suppose, favourite/comment art. Be kind to folks, give critiques.. Upload good art. ETC ETC. Be a part of the community overall ^^
lol thanks... on the etc etc
idk, I avoid giving critiques in general. And also avoid people who like to dish it out unless I'm actually asking for it (since I've had a few people redline my older stuff before and I'm just like... thanks but your anatomy skills... no.)

annnd hello to you too ^^;
On the etc etc, is art based on tv shows etc. Fan arts. I haven't check your gallery yet :3. Gonna do just now.

And oh. I see. Well, I guess that's something to overcome.

;P
Well hey there.~
So what kind of stuff do you like? c:
hrm... watching shows/movies? you have an awesome username btw ^^
What kinds? And thank you, I'll take that to mean you also like doctor who? :D
yes I do~~ it's an awesome awesome FANTASTIC show 8D
It really is! B) I'm glad my brother got me to watch it.~~
View all replies
I've also been watching Supernatural lately... lol
I have just discovered the forum part of deviantart after being here for years and am interesting in meeting new peeps~~ you seem like a kool kat, why don't we chat it up and see if a beautiful friendship can blossom? QuQ
lol that was rather forward of you.

erm.. how're you?

also, do I know you? your art style looks familiar... do I know you from Subeta?
sorry, I didn't mean to be that forward I guess o:
I've never heard of Subeta, what is that? :D
oh, it's a pet / human avatar site lol

nah, it's cool, it's cool.
my art style isn't all that special so maybe its just similar to someone you saw c:
no, everybody's style is unique, and (for the most part) ever-changing. Something similar-looking tho ^^
Haha that's true c: I've been working on improving so stylizing is kind of an afterthought c:
View all replies
'How do you become famous'? By showing off your AWESOME :devart: SKILLS and chatting to random people in the forums! So I have to say, you're RIGHT ON TRACK! :XD: How are you?
hehe, thank you x)
i'm alright, you?