January 3, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 48

Looking To Start Fresh

:iconfinalxfan:
finalxfan Featured By Owner Jan 3, 2013  Student General Artist
Why hello there fellow deviants~

For starters, Iím not new here. It shows on my page that Iíve been here for 5 years but Iíve had year-long hiatuses due to a lack of internet connection so really Iíve been here 2 and a half, maybe three years. Iíve never really introduced myself when I first started so Iím not very well known :blushes: Iím pretty much a loner in these parts :dummy:

Iím just looking to get to know some more people : )

So tell me about yourself! Tell me whatever you want Iíll respond to pretty much anything :meow:

Few things you should know about me:
-Iím very much into Final Fantasy (VII and I go WAY back, XIII is my latest obsession)

-I love knowing about OCís! Iím trying to get my own story started so I wanna know how you created yours!

-I have a VERY low tolerance for stupidity. Sarcasm, dry humor, and a little randomness I get. Itís the ignorance that ticks me off. Youíve been warned.

-Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood, Eureka 7, Deadman Wonderland. Yes.

-Wide variety of music. Memphis May Fire, August Burns Red, Woe Is Me, Dance Gavin Dance, Passion Pit and Iíve been listening to a lot of Ellie Goulding and Yuna lately.

So say something! Anything! Movies games tv what you had for lunch I don't care! I just want someone to talk to :saddummy:

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:icondanlayton:
danlayton Featured By Owner Jan 10, 2013  Hobbyist Artisan Crafter
So can I say that you like FMA Brotherhood over the first series? Have you read the manga? =)
And welcome back!
finalxfan Featured By Owner Jan 10, 2013  Student General Artist
I've seen the first series but that was waaaaaay long ago so I don't remember it much. So yeah I guess you could say that :P I haven't read the manga either though. And thank you I'm glad to be back! :D
danlayton Featured By Owner Jan 11, 2013  Hobbyist Artisan Crafter
I'm not a fan of the first series because it deviates from the manga storyline A LOT.
Whhhaaat. You have to read it! It's my favourite manga of all time - and that's saying something because I read a lot of manga :XD:
finalxfan Featured By Owner Jan 13, 2013  Student General Artist
Yeah I know I feel weird about not having read any manga :blushes: FMA is where I would start though : ) do you just find them at bookstores?
danlayton Featured By Owner Jan 13, 2013  Hobbyist Artisan Crafter
The FMA is just too amazing. The reason FMA Brotherhood was produced was because the author wasn't happy with what they did in the first series.
I read them from my local library in Australia..it stock the whole series!
I haven't finished watching FMA brotherhood yet but I know there are some differences.
You won't regret reading it - promise! But if you recently saw FMA brotherhood you might want to wait a while before reading the manga as you might get bored from repeated story elements..
=)
:iconrayaroja:
Rayaroja Featured By Owner Jan 6, 2013  Student Traditional Artist
Hello, how goes it? My name is Rayaroja and I just recently returned to DA after 3-4 years in self-exile.
finalxfan Featured By Owner Jan 6, 2013  Student General Artist
Hey : ) Im okay thanks, you? Sounds rough. Are you getting back on track?
Rayaroja Featured By Owner Jan 7, 2013  Student Traditional Artist
It's been pretty slow, but my father says "patience is a virtue"
finalxfan Featured By Owner Jan 7, 2013  Student General Artist
Your father seems wise. But yeah getting back in the flow of things takes some time. Like me I'm still not flowing very well and I've been back for a few weeks now :P
Rayaroja Featured By Owner Jan 7, 2013  Student Traditional Artist
hang in there
:iconferanomo79:
FeraNoMo79 Featured By Owner Jan 5, 2013
You probably wouldn't like me, but hello! (I had to say hi because... That's what I do!) Oh gosh, now I'm debating wether I should post this silly message. You probably won't like it ;A; Oh no, oh no. Oh I'l post it and is you hate me, then I'll just be really sad... Hello! :D
finalxfan Featured By Owner Jan 5, 2013  Student General Artist
Hey there! Lol why would you say that? I wouldn't hate anyone for trying to be friendly! In fact I don't hate anyone, it's just my nature : ) So how're you liking DA so far?
FeraNoMo79 Featured By Owner Jan 5, 2013
I love it!!! It's just on your description thing it said you dilike nonsense and I'm full of nonsense... but I had to say hi because, well I like to say hi! How do you like DA so far? :D
Well...certain kinds of nonsense ^^; You don't seem to be the kind to make me mad :) Thanks for taking the time to socialize though I appreciate a good chat :dummy: Well DA's great and all I just wish people could give me feedback once in a while so I could see what needs to be improved =/ And I'm new to getting involved in the community but so far it's great!
FeraNoMo79 Featured By Owner Jan 6, 2013
Well I'd give you feedback, but I'd rather say how beautiful all your work is! (I'm not good with criticism :P) Oh yay, I'm glad I'm not a bother! :D and I'm glad you're glad I said hi. lol That's sounds funny!
Lol! Thanks you're very sweet :)
FeraNoMo79 Featured By Owner Jan 6, 2013
hehe Thanks! I wouldn't really know if you're sweet cause I don't taste people! (lol Just kidding. That was my silly attempt at a joke... lol)
finalxfan Featured By Owner Jan 7, 2013  Student General Artist
Lol oh gosh now I feel like a creepy people-licker O_o
XD Well i'm not sure if i'm "sweet" exactly, I'm just trying to be a little more social : )
(1 Reply)
:iconphinnimonster:
Phinnimonster Featured By Owner Jan 5, 2013   General Artist
Ahh, FFXIII, I was playing that just the other day, trying to get more trophies :') Have you played XIII-2?

Yesss I love OCs. The first one I created that I started actually giving lots of attention came from a picture that I drew of "random person" that I liked and then I started making a backstory for him. And then I created another character I thought would complement his personality, and now I'm expanding the whole world he comes from :P

FMA aw yeahhh (haven't actually... watched... Brotherhood yet but I've read quite a bit of the manga- took a hiatus from it though and want to get back to reading it!)

Speaking of lunch, I had an especially good lunch today. (:
Wow didn't think anyone was actually going to read my whole rant :D But yes I've played both and same as you I'm trying to get a lot of stuff unlocked. Kinda don't have the patience for it sometimes but it's fun : )

Thats how my OCs came to be! Well the first one and then I started giving her some friends and a twisted plot to go along with them. Making another world for fictional characters is fun! What's their story if you don't mind me asking?

It's strange but I've never actually become involved with much manga (i know go ahead and be ashamed -_-) but after i finished watching it the first time i was blown away with Brotherhood!

...Also, how was lunch? :meow:
Phinnimonster Featured By Owner Jan 6, 2013   General Artist
Sometimes I don't have the patience for those games either haha but when I'm in the collecting/perfectionist mood I'll try to get closer to 100%. :P Actually something funny I noticed is that after playing XIII-2 I was able to go back and easily complete missions I thought were too hard before x) I guess I got better at using the battle system... (that battle system seriously frustrated me playing XIII :stare:)

Ah, awesome! Well my OCs come from a futuristic version of the world where there's less communication going on between countries than there used to be, and as a result different areas are kind of mysteries to each other. So I've got some OCs from different areas, and one of my OCs (the first guy I mentioned creating) is a nomad-type traveller who ties them all together and helps pull them out of the little bubble they're living in. I'm having fun working out the details and the story. What about your OCs' story?

Haha, nothing shame-worthy there :P Recently actually I've barely read any manga at all, it's mostly just anime. A lot of people rave on about Brotherhood, so I'm excited to see it!

Lunch was very good. It was a BLT, except the lettuce was spinach (BUT THE GOOD STUFF) and the bacon I think was made on the premise. I don't usually like bacon very much, but this stuff was just right.
Oh my D: that sandwich sounds -a m a z i n g- ! But I thought some of the battles got harder for me! I use the Paradox Scope so I think the boss battles get a bit harder =/ I still can't beat Caius in Oerba or that stupid Yomi Cie'th...but I've leveled up since then so maybe I should go try again right now XD

As for my OCs, I'm still trying to figure out some of the details. My main character also comes from a slightly futuristic era where she was born into a life she never asked for. She's basically been fed lies her whole life and doesn't have anything to call "her own" so she tries to go out and destroy the country she's from to start a "new life" (key aspect there she literally gets reborn)...Lol not that she has mental problems or anything she just has to take down the guy running the place XD I'm still trying to make it less cliche though ^^;

And yes I watch quite a few anime shows the ones I listed are just a few of my favorites : ) You should definitely watch Brotherhood it's perfection in my eyes!
It was very tasty indeed! Ah yes, sometimes all it takes are a couple level ups to make a boss go from impossible to manageable. :P Does the paradox scope only work if you've closed the gate? I'm actually still kind of confused about the whole gate open/close thing, when it was first explained I don't think I was paying enough attention x') How many endings have you unlocked, by the way?

Sounds like an interesting premise! I'm always trying to be careful of cliches too. One of the reasons why it's been so long since I wrote my last story- somewhere along the lines I began to fear being cliche :P But I think the best thing is to just go for it and then if you come across anything that doesn't quite fit, make some adjustments.
*I only have 4 endings btw
Alright thanks I'll keep that in mind :)

But I think when you obtain paradox scope you have to close a gate to reverse all the time you spent in it, make sure the scope is turned on, then enter the gate (the same way you would the first time around, NOT opening it). I think that's how it goes. Well for the Caius battle in Oerba thats how it is...I just always have mine on so I'm not sure if that's too accurate ^^;
Are all the endings fully rendered? I've only gotten one so far but it was so depressing D:.. wasn't expecting it :o The first time you got to the end of the final Caius battle, did you choose "Kill him" or "Show mercy"?
Ah okay, I turned my paradox scope on but I'm still making my way through missions I haven't finished yet so I haven't closed any gates. I didn't know if it still had any effect on a mission that you haven't done yet (probably not though.)
No the endings aren't rendered like the main ending, they're more like cutscenes if that's what you're asking...But to be honest I don't remember which option I chose. It's been so long since I've played that part I'm sorry =/ To me I haven't noticed a big difference in the level of difficulty of missions with the scope on. It's mainly the 'big' boss battles that get crazy (for example any of the battles that may lead to a paradox ending like Caius battles or the fal'Cie Adam battle). So really most missions wont be affected by it : )
(1 Reply)
:iconjuturn-al:
Juturn-AL Featured By Owner Jan 3, 2013  Professional General Artist
I too took a hiatus and just recently spammed a bunch of artwork I have that I didn't upload. But hello! and I didn't start looking at the forums until a couple days ago.
Yeah i kinda didn't even know these existed for a while ha but hey welcome back! You have a great gallery by the way : )
Juturn-AL Featured By Owner Jan 3, 2013  Professional General Artist
Thanks! my gallery has a mixed bag of mediums. So since you like FF7, have you played the HD version on PC?
Omg no not yet!! I only very recently got my internet back (like after christmas) so I still need to do that. How is it?
Juturn-AL Featured By Owner Jan 4, 2013  Professional General Artist
Pretty cool mod, not that much of an upgrade except for the sprite models but definitely better looking than the pixeled look in the original. They actually have hands in the HD version. Oh and the soundtrack is still badass!
finalxfan Featured By Owner Jan 4, 2013  Student General Artist
Sweet can't wait to get it : ) thanks for reminding me!
:iconmemoriter:
Memoriter Featured By Owner Jan 3, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
I'm Joshua, and I'm just another shadow, trying to get out of the sun. So, hello.
Yeah I'm not a very big fan of the sun either =/ Although, I would like to start being more than just a shadow now. I feel I've lived that life for too long. So how're you?
Memoriter Featured By Owner Jan 4, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
I'm doing okay, as far as I can tell. How about yourself? You've taken a hiatus, so how goes the creation process, these days?
finalxfan Featured By Owner Jan 4, 2013  Student General Artist
Eh it's going I guess. I'm still trying to perfect my ways as I'm a bit of a perfectionist so it's still a ways to go. But i'll get there : ) And try not let those winter blues get to you too much :)
Memoriter Featured By Owner Jan 5, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
Well, that sounds productive.

Oh, don't worry. I relish in the cold of winter. I just thought the icon was nifty.
Oh good! And yes, I'm trying stay productive with my work for the time being
Memoriter Featured By Owner Jan 5, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
What sort of projects are you working on at the moment?
Well I'm trying to get a story started and I'm working hard at getting my anatomy down (if you wanna call those 'projects')
(1 Reply)
Add a Comment: