Closed to new replies
December 27, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 76

BOO! >: D

:iconemblemdefender:
EmblemDefender Featured By Owner Dec 27, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
There, now I've scared the not so brave people away. That means you're probably a good candidate for taking over the world with me!
Actually, this is how it is: I've been a member on dA for ages, but have just been absent for a year. Just to come back and notice that 95% of the people I knew have disappeared from here. So I'm almost a veteran, yet I feel like I don't know anyone here.

So feel free to talk to me. Don't worry, I'm not dangerous at all, so I won't eat you or anything like that. Unless you look very tasty.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconmihaihen:
Mihaihen Featured By Owner Feb 10, 2013
Sorry about you're friends... i had to kill them. Khorne made me do it so i have no blame in the mater, haters that say any different should just GTFO \o/
Blood for the blood God!!!
:iconcheshirelies:
CheshireLies Featured By Owner Feb 4, 2013
-screams-

;w; why would you want to scare us like that
:iconsadistskunk:
SadistSkunk Featured By Owner Feb 3, 2013  Professional Digital Artist
:sprint:
EmblemDefender Featured By Owner Feb 3, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
:iconpacharchar:
PACHARCHAR Featured By Owner Jan 7, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Just saying, I taste DISGUSTING. Absolutely horrible. Never tasted myself, but oh well... So, how are you, potential world-conqueror?
:iconphinnimonster:
Phinnimonster Featured By Owner Jan 3, 2013   General Artist
Hello and welcome back!
I think I've seen one of your pictures before (the "Embarrassing Moment" Link one... hahah.) Are you a big Zelda fan?
EmblemDefender Featured By Owner Jan 4, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Hi there and thank you.
Hah, well it depends on how you define a Zelda fan I guess. I'm not the kind of person who goes nuts and flails my arms every time I see a triforce or need to collect everything Zelda (I'm bad enough that I got the limited edition of Skyward swords though xD) . But yes, I definitely think it's one of the very best game series out there for many reasons and I look forward to new releases.
Phinnimonster Featured By Owner Jan 6, 2013   General Artist
No problem!
Haha, I got the limited edition Skyward Sword as well :') Couldn't pass up that golden wiimote! I always have faith the next Zelda game will be good, so I always look forward to it. It'll really be interesting to see an HD Zelda next!
EmblemDefender Featured By Owner Jan 6, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Haha, yep. Couldn't let that one slip! Actually now that I think about it once more, I probably am quite needy. xD My e-mail domain is even @skyloft.se
Yeah, I'm looking forward to that as well. Knowing Nintendo right, I think the HD will be the least impressive. : P They did a great job with Skyward Sword anyway, in some ways it was even better than Ocarina of Time.
Phinnimonster Featured By Owner Jan 7, 2013   General Artist
Your domain is '@skyloft'? Haha, I think that might qualify as being on the nerdier side x')
Ah agreed, the impressiveness-factor of the HD will probably be negligible compared to the rest. Actually, I still think MM has great graphics. Bahah. (If you play it right after OoC, it's like, "Wow! High tech!") Skyward Sword was a really great game- I actually can't find many flaws in it, but for some reason it's not been as memorable for me as the other games. I wonder why that is?
EmblemDefender Featured By Owner Jan 8, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Yep, I guess I have to agree. xD
Haha well, I still think many NES games have good graphics. Good 2D will always be better than bad 3D. And also high polygon count does not make good graphics (it helps though). Artistic skill and style do.
Hm, I personally think Skyward Sword was the best game since OoT. OoT has this feeling throughout the game which is hard to explain, but which makes it pretty much impossible to beat.
Phinnimonster Featured By Owner Jan 9, 2013   General Artist
That's true, the way the artists handle it has a lot to do with how "good" the graphics look. There are games with "nice" high-def graphics but no artistic value. You know an older game I think looks really good? Super Metroid...

I suppose I still need to put more time into Skyward Sword before I can evaluate it fairly next to the others, since I've spent disproportionately less time on it :P I felt playing it that they did a great job of taking some of the best aspects of the other games and putting it all together into one, and it was certainly superb game creation (nothing less from Nintendo) but it lacked that special feeling for me (like what you mentioned about OoT). OoT feels so... Zelda.
EmblemDefender Featured By Owner Jan 30, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Yep, exactly! I agree about Super Metroid as well.

I see what you mean. It's hard to put your finger on what creates that special feeling too. Skyward Sword seemingly has it all (they really did everything right if you just tick the basic list of what a good game looks like, in my opinion) but I do agree that the special feeling is at least not as strong. I'm not really worried that the Zelda series is going to die or anything though. I mean some series have superb games in the back catalogue while the newer ones aren't very interesting at all. And I'm sure it's not only nostalgia or anything like that, as I've made new discoveries of old series and experienced that several times.

Late reply, sorry.
(1 Reply)
Phinnimonster Featured By Owner Jan 7, 2013   General Artist
OoT*
:iconwhispywizbee:
whispywizbee Featured By Owner Dec 30, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
U r 2spooky.

I'm kind of like you, I stepped away from DA for a long while only to find myself alone. Only I just decided to start another account, haha. Sooo what are your interests?

Also I taste horrible. Probably very boney. I would not recommend chomping on me.
EmblemDefender Featured By Owner Dec 30, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Oh but you must see the bright side of being spooky! : D

Oh I see. : O I have quite many interests actually, though only a few of them can be considered common. One thing is obviously art, but I like most things which allow you to be creative. And then I have a thing for old stuff, all sorts of things. What about yours?

Hm hm, I guess I'll take your word on that. For now.
:iconcody-h:
Cody-H Featured By Owner Dec 27, 2012  Student Photographer
Hello Mr. Ghost. Fancy meeting you.

What type of art do you fancy?
EmblemDefender Featured By Owner Dec 28, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Hello there : O

Hm, I think I'm not much for modern art which is usually either quite absurd and macabre or consist of a few color splashes etc.
I may be simple minded, but I like decorative art.
Cody-H Featured By Owner Dec 28, 2012  Student Photographer
Alright. :meow: Only decorative?
No, I think the best way to to describe it would be to say that I like positive and happy art, rather than the depressive black/red pictures with pain and blood etc. Though I can appreciate some art with a "mysterious" vibe, I'd still count that as positive.
Well I'm an optimist and that's part of the explanation. : D What about you?
Cody-H Featured By Owner Dec 28, 2012  Student Photographer
Same as well, I don't like depressing or heavy violence arts either. I like a lot of Furry art, photography of land and wild animals.
EmblemDefender Featured By Owner Dec 29, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
So you seem to like animals then. Do you have any?
Cody-H Featured By Owner Dec 29, 2012  Student Photographer
I have four cats at my ex dads house, two gerbils at my moms.
:iconincandescentinsanity:
IncandescentInsanity Featured By Owner Dec 27, 2012  Student General Artist
:iconboo-plz:
Why do you hand me a mirror? : I You got a problem with my face? : I
IncandescentInsanity Featured By Owner Dec 28, 2012  Student General Artist
Everybody needs mirrors. Have some more
What'd I do with several o__o
Oh, I didn't think of that. But I don't think you can get a building permit for something like that too easily.
IncandescentInsanity Featured By Owner Dec 28, 2012  Student General Artist
make a house of mirrors. Charge admission
:iconco-phantom:
Co-Phantom Featured By Owner Dec 27, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I am very tasty. :dummy: How's it going?
Oh? *Bites* 8D
It's going quite alright, but as mentioned I feel a bit like a stranger here at the moment. What about you?
I'm doing fine. da wise, it's about the same. How long have you been here? :V
Six years. o__o
What a social failure I am xD
Well, it's mostly for art. The social part is a bonus, I guess. :XD:
Yeah I guess! But back when I knew some, they were the only people to notice my art. So now it's like displaying it at an art gallery with a locked door. At least there are groups now.
Oh yes, it takes a bit of socializing to get noticed. I forgot that. :lol: But you're in the forums, where there's plenty of people to notice you. :dummy:
Yep, so it seems. I haven't been on this one a lot. I used to be busy with my own.
(1 Reply)
:iconrunespainter:
RunesPainter Featured By Owner Dec 27, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Hello! You don't scare me!

We can be friends :D Name's Rose, i'm a painter, sculptor, digital artist.... whatever I want to do, I do it.
Oh, guess I have to work on that then. : O

Well, hi Rose! That sounds great and like loads of fun, but also rather dangerous. At least if you're spontaneous. : D Oh and I'm Tom.
RunesPainter Featured By Owner Dec 29, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Nice to meet ya, Tom! What sort of art do you like most?
I like pieces of art which have something positive to them. I'm not much of a fan of art where pain and death is central. I don't require any deep messages either, it's fine with me if it's simply beautiful to look at.
What about you?
Agreed. When I paint, I paint according to the moods I'm in. And I typically paint when I'm happy, so you won't find many dark pieces in my gallery. Much like you, I enjoy aesthetically pleasing pieces, like peaceful land/waterscapes.
Yep, I noticed that. : ) Oh and I appreciate nature too. Both in reality and in art.
Me too. I just read Into the Wild by Jon Krakauer. Truly inspirational. Makes me think of mankind so differently. Anyway, if you haven't read it, it's about a young man who is successful in school, and just life in general, but he throws everything away to become a part of nature. He dies 4 months into his journey, but he died happy, because he was with nature. So yeah, that really opened my eyes about the beauty of nature.
EmblemDefender Featured By Owner Dec 30, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Oh, that sounds inspirational. But I haven't read it, no. I don't think I'd like to give everything up for the nature though. I'm sure it's possible to have both.
(1 Reply)
Add a Comment: