Shop Mobile More Submit  Join Login

Details

Closed to new replies
December 27, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 116

Not new, but I'm looking to be friends with similarly crazy deviants. Tell me about your OCs!

:iconpixiesabre:
PixieSabre Featured By Owner Dec 27, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Hi there I'm Sabre! I'm British, primarily a zoologist but I draw for fun :love: !
I mostly draw animals and my OCs. I've been on this site a few years now but many of my friends have sadly left!
I would love to hear about your characters :) !

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconpacharchar:
PACHARCHAR Featured By Owner Jan 7, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Hello, it's nice to meet you! Ha ha, my characters are in the process of development and I don't have any pictures of them in my gallery. :lol: How about you?
PixieSabre Featured By Owner Jan 19, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Hi! First off sorry this reply is so late, been doing exams!
Ahh I have so many characters! :) I've had them for years now.
PACHARCHAR Featured By Owner Jan 20, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Ha ha, don't worry about it, I know how hard it is to go online when you have exams. Luckily I have a year before my exams get REALLY serious. It sucks. :(

I see! :) My characters are still in development . Who is your favourite?
PixieSabre Featured By Owner Jan 22, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Hm I couldn't possibly choose! I guess Varrh and Cor are most dear to me as I've had them a long time and I've developed their characters a lot more than the others through roleplaying :) You?
PACHARCHAR Featured By Owner Jan 23, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Varrh and Cor, huh? They have awesome names, they sound kinda Welsh, in a way. :D Well, my fave OCs are probably Atticus and Kane, but they're in development, so I don't have any pictures of them in my gallery...yet. :)
PixieSabre Featured By Owner Jan 23, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Thank you :) It wasn't intentional for them to sound Welsh but that's cool :)
I know how it is having the ideas in your head but not getting round to drawing them :XD:
PACHARCHAR Featured By Owner Jan 27, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
You're welcome. Yeah, I thought they did sound like something out of Wales: really fantasy-sounding with letters that make it difficult to pronounce! :XD: They're awesome though. :D
Ha ha, well I might be uploading them soon but that's only if I can ever become bothered. I'm too lazy for my own good. :lol:
:icondevilkid-chan:
DevilKid-chan Featured By Owner Jan 7, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Hi, I'm Noodle! :meow:
I'm British too; I have a few characters, most of them are in stories but I have a few on the side that are unused :XD:
What about YOURS? :stare:
Hii, sorry this reply is so late, been doing exams XD!
I have lots of OCs, around 10/12. I've had most of them for a few years now so I feel like they are part of me :aww:
I love the idea of your OCs answering questions on your profile by the way :o, cool!
Your profile also says you're short - are you smaller than 4 ft 11? (my height XD)
DevilKid-chan Featured By Owner Jan 19, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Awh, that's fine :giggle: Exams are important! :D
Nice :D That's a good amount. (I feel like I have too many now :'D) I get the same feeling :aww:
:giggle: I just had to let them out of my head, they were annoying me a lot :XD: Thanks! :D Feel free to use the idea if you want!
Hmm, well, I'm a little taller than that... but only a little! :XD:
Haha, well don't feel bad, I'm 19! :XD:
I may use the idea, thanks :meow: ! Ah yeah I used to have way too many OCs but as time went by I just kept the important ones!
DevilKid-chan Featured By Owner Jan 19, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Ah :XD:
Nice :D Awwh, I see :XD: I'm using most of them as background characters in my story, where they fit in of course. :)
:iconbarfighter:
Barfighter Featured By Owner Jan 1, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
I have an unorthodox view of reality, does that qualify as crazy?
PixieSabre Featured By Owner Jan 1, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I guess it would :) Very interesting art you have! I like it.
Thank you :D I like your animals! Especially the whale shark, that one is cool. But your portrayal of men is a bit sexist XD
Haha, thankyou! What do you mean sexist??
They're cool and handsome. Often showing a lot of bare skin. I'M OFFENDED!

No, I jest :P
Oh XD I know I really don't draw enough women, I'm working on having more female characters. A strong willed one at that :) I'm also guilty of having a lot of young male characters and drawing them without tops on. To be honest some of it is just trying to practise chest anatomy :XD: The rest is because men without clothes pleases my eyes :P But you're right, they totally should have more clothing! Will work on that :)

So how are you finding dA so far? :)
Sounds like good practise! Drawing people from scratch is hard, but with a model it's much easier, methinks. Have you tried using a model or photo?

It's like drowning in violent rapids of genious :D How about you?
Haha, well I've been here for 8 years now! There's a lot of genius but also a lot of oddities! :)

Art isn't the subject that I study, so I haven't used a model or anything but I should probably use photos more often!
(2 Replies)
:iconjuraco:
Juraco Featured By Owner Dec 31, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Crazy? I'm your gal :)
Hello! :) Haha, great! So, what's your favourite thing to draw? :aww:
:iconjuraco:
Juraco Featured By Owner Jan 3, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
My gallery would say wolves, that's partially true but I love drawing wings and my OS the Drakophix!!
:iconrp-studio:
RP-Studio Featured By Owner Dec 29, 2012  Professional Digital Artist
Hi im kitty.
So glad i found your thread!
I LOVe OCs the stories and everything.
I have so many OCs XD
im never happy with my fan art.
My main is Inara my shapechanger Kitsune.and her partner Rayvn
Id post a link but she
undergoing a makeover
and im nit done with her.
PixieSabre Featured By Owner Dec 30, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Hi! I love OCs too! And yeah, I never get inspired enough to do fanart XD How long have you had your main characters for? :)
RP-Studio Featured By Owner Dec 30, 2012  Professional Digital Artist
Ive been building her for bout 10 years.
Desperatly trying to get the courage to write her story.
its got so huge i dont know how to start.
PixieSabre Featured By Owner Dec 31, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Ahh perhaps if you write down notes then a plan will fall into place? :)
RP-Studio Featured By Owner Dec 31, 2012  Professional Digital Artist
Cud do. just so much o.o
:iconincandescentinsanity:
IncandescentInsanity Featured By Owner Dec 27, 2012  Student General Artist
My avatar picture is Miles. He's immortal
PixieSabre Featured By Owner Dec 28, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
He looks cool :meow: Varrh is immortal too, I like the feeling characters will be around forever :XD:
:iconsilver-moonwolf:
silver-moonwolf Featured By Owner Dec 27, 2012  Student General Artist
That is cool! ^^ i have only been on for about a year now, but i LOVE to draw as well, i basically draw whenever i have time for it (including during school when i am finished with the current work XD) and yeah sure, i shall tell you about my top 5 favorite OC's that i have created and currently own ^^

1) Silvermoon: Silvermoon is my main OC, she is what you would say is my fursona X3 She has my personality and has some things in her nature that i WISH i had the guts to do... But she is a pure white wolf with a really long and fluffy tail. She is very tall and slim, her paws have blue flames that seem to climb half way up her legs, up to the elbows and mid-shins ^^ she has a long, thin muzzle with a streak of blue that trails from her nose to in between her eyes, and a small tuft of fur on her head that is mostly blue with a golden tip. She had huge and gorgeous white wings that are tipped in gold and she has beautiful Sapphire blue eyes with pupils that turn white when she is in attacking mode. She has two blue moons on the outer corners of her eyes and three blue circles underneath her eyes. And the way she got her name- when the dark spirit had left her body at an extremely young age, she had two silvery colored moons on the outer corners of her eyes :) but eventually, over about 100 years of growing up, her moons had turned from silver to blue. She controls all known elements but the one element she was born with control over is aura. She has amazing attacks that on here, would take me a week to name them all and about a year to describe them XD so when i get up to the point of the attacks in my comic, then you will know why it would take so long to describe them :XD:
This is an unofficial reference sheet of her, but it is also the best one i have so far, i am going to make a traditional one soon enough -> [link]
one of my favorite pictures i have drawn of her :love: --> [link]

2) Master Shishou (she-shoo): Oh my fucking god he was just supposed to be a kind background character and he slowly started to become a main character and i am just in fucking love with him! ;U; He is a skilled master of speed and electricity, wielding the strength to control electricity/energy in even the smallest measure. He is a large cheetah who has the ability to stand on two legs, but prefers to stand on all four. He has a bracelet on each wrist that is made of conductive metals yet is the color gold. He has a long, thin tail that is very strong and long fangs/claws that can both extend to further lengths, for instance his claws are never sheathed all the way in because of how long they are, they are able to increase in length to the point of where they are swords. and his fangs just elongate to where they are like a smilodon's tusks. His eyes are a dark blue, like that of a lighter night sky (like the sky when it is near the moon at night). He is a very kind and caring character, but is also like a immature big brother to Silvermoon. She loves to hang around him when she can and they always love to play with the young apprentices and run races with each other. They had the same interests and if you think about it, their personalities are almost identical XD they both were hated by two of the more elderly Masters though... Master Leodon and Master Hiro really did not have the patience nor the humor to put up with their duo of childish antics. I have changed his design and spot pattern, so the current ref sheet does not show how he currently looks... but here you go ^^; [link]

3) Riduka(rid-doo-kah): Despite that fact that i have not written a chapter with her in it yet, she is still in my top 5 faves ^^ She is a mixture between a wolf, a gryphon, and a dragon. I have not added a reference sheet of her and her design is kind of hard to explain but here we go- she has the legs of a wolf, the body and wings of a gryphon, and the head and tail of a dragon. Her fur/feathers are an array of colors with spots and shapes that make the fur look like colorful armor. Her tail is long and covered and short fuzz with a single long spine that comes out near the end of the tail and the spine is filled with deadly toxins that can kill a large pachyderm almost instantly. She has large gold/yellow wings that are very delicate, yet they are strong enough for flight and quite flight. She has gorgeous green eyes that just blend in with the rest of her pelt, which makes it harder for foes to figure out how to blind her or where to attack without her seeing. She can be stubborn and does not trust many that she meets, but once you have her trust, she will die for you. She did not like Silvermoon very well, but she did trust her. She really is more of a background character but i just love her design so much and how she connects with the rest of the characters just fits so perfectly despite her small appearances X3 she always speaks her mind and is never afraid to bend the rules for a friend (or again, to speak her mind) and she is just full of energy when in a fight. A merciless fighter, yet she is not a cold-blooded killer. She honors the death of her opponent(s) for a moment, before returning to fight once more.

4) Nightstrike: HE IS FREAKING BADASS XD Nightstrike is what you would call the evil half of your soul. Nightstrike is an enormous wolf with a pelt that fades from being a dark, nightly purple at his muzzle/head, to being pitch black at the end of his tail. He has red flames on his paws (just like Silvermoon) and a red tipped tail. He does not have wings but can conjure up some from shadows after 2000 years of trying to learn how to manipulate shadows into whatever he wanted. (yes the characters in my story live for extremely long lives XD so far, i have imagined Silvermoon at being 66,000 years old, and Nightstrike from the birth of the universe they live in) He has extremely long claws on all four paws (which are also humongous and powerful) that are long enough to pierce through to the other side of an animal the same size as him. He has huge fangs and red moons next to his eyes with three red circles underneath his eyes. His eyes are large dragon-like eyes with small slit pupils and a bright red iris. Basically, he is the complete opposite of Silvermoon (obviously) and just loves to be leader, the center of attention, and entirely enjoys being a smartass. I currently do not have ANY references for him ^^; sorry....

5) Master Shita(she-tah): And finally we get to #5 XD Master Shita is a small fox who has the ability to walk on her hind legs. She has normal fox markings on her body, the usual red fox pelt with dark brown legs and muzzle, white chest/stomach and tail tip. She also has a white streak on the back of her head. She has brown/hazel eyes and is the shyest and quietest character i have in my story. She almost NEVER interacts with the other Masters and basically her only friends are Twilight (a white and silver unicorn) and Silvermoon. She was the longest living Master, both in age and last Master to die while fighting on Silvermoon's side. Master Shita was the master of Stealth and plants. She served as the healer/gatherer of the tribe of Masters. She is kind of both a main character and a background character. She is a very sweet and loving character (you can think of her as Fluttershy from MLP)who stuck by Silvermoon's side ever since she first met her, but she also does not talk/get herself involved in much so i count her as being both main and background. Here is her ref-> [link] (it is horribly drawn but i will make redrawn refs of ALL my characters soon enough....

if you liked the sound of my top favorite characters, then why not give my written story a read? ^^ you can find the first 7 chapters here :): [link] chapter 8 will be put on DA soon :heart: and i am currently writing chapter 9 on paper as a rough draft... hope you like it! ^^

I am soooooooo sorry this was so long, but that is actually how i usually type things if it has to do with my top fave OCs XD
Hi there! Whoa, thankyou for the descriptions :) I know how it is when you have a character that's meant to be only in the background and they suddenly decide they are going to be a main one :XD: ! I love cheetahs too (favourite animals). Master Shishou is cool, love the picture of him :) Riduka sounds an interesting mix of animals! Nightstrike sounds awesome, I can imagine him to be very intimidating! But a useful friend if you get on the right side of him :XD: Master Shita sounds beautiful :) Thankyou for giving me an insight into all your characters!
silver-moonwolf Featured By Owner Dec 29, 2012  Student General Artist
your very welcome ^^ and i will be making a new ref of him soon along with uploading one of Riduka X3
PixieSabre Featured By Owner Dec 30, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Oh cool : D I need to make refs... They take so long to do though! :ohnoes:
silver-moonwolf Featured By Owner Dec 31, 2012  Student General Artist
i know right? i just do quick refs at first and then i make them more detailed later on... some i havent even finished the sketch refs XD
Haha I know how that is! Refs just take so long to do as I need them to be perfect D:
silver-moonwolf Featured By Owner Jan 2, 2013  Student General Artist
for me, not so much in perfection, but they do take long for me because i need to write the information on the ref sheet and to try and draw as much for the character as i can, as in different angles and/or weapons they could possibly use
PixieSabre Featured By Owner Jan 2, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Yeah I know what you mean D: But also they need to match the view of the character that I have in my head and for me that sometimes is difficult!
(1 Reply)
:iconmssunnymuffins:
MsSunnyMuffins Featured By Owner Dec 27, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
My Oc's...thing is, I don't have any. I'm too random to draw the same chatacter more than once unless it's for a test of some k kind. I can't even do two comic panels!
Ahh I see :XD: Well that's okay too of course, there's no rule to say you must have OCs!
:iconzeirai:
Zeirai Featured By Owner Dec 27, 2012  Student Digital Artist
Hey Sabre, nice to meetcha :D
I adore original characters as well, and I love looking through other peoples designs. I'm not the best at drawing animals, though. It's something I should really work on :/
I've got so many characters, they come and go and i'm hardly able to keep track of them or expand them. :/ I have tons that I love and haven't established yet, but there are some here and there that I have :)!

Writing everything out would be so long and boring, but I think aesthetics can tell stories too, i suppose :D (plus there are some details on their descriptions ;))

[link] There's four, technically 6 of them.
[link] was my first character. She's gone through remodeling enough times to make it original. Hehe.
[link] this one has been with me as long as my first character has. He's gone through some revamping as well.
Hello! That's okay, pictures are great too :D
Wow, I love your style, so neat! They all have awesome names. I love Maze and Ozone. Actually, all of them. I know what it's like to evolve characters through the years, it's scary how some of mine started out! (Half of them were created as wolves or something) Really like Zei's horns!
Khano :heart: I'm an instant fan. (This may be because he is always shirtless) I would love to see an animation of shirts being incinerated off him :XD:

Really impressed by your characters, thankyou for showing me them :D!
:iconzeirai:
Zeirai Featured By Owner Dec 27, 2012  Student Digital Artist
Aww thank you! I really like the idea of codenames that are actual words. xD So much easier to match characters to codenames sometimes. They add mystery to your characters.
That's so cute, I adore wolves. :D I'm guessing you started with wolves and went into humans? The tales of my character's beginnings are...embarrassing. LOL They were Teen Titans characters, when I was too young to understand what a fandom was. I can't say i'm not a fan of shirtless guys as well! *.* I am soo going to make that animation happen one day too. It would look cool ;)

and Thanks for the comments/watch and stuff <33 I love meeting other artists :D
Ooh yes that's cool, I don't have codenames but a couple of mine have nicknames (like Floss is Florence). Yep, mine rather embarrassingly started off as animals when I couldn't draw humans :XD: And yes that animation would look cool indeed ;)

No problem, I love meeting other artists too! Especially ones with such awesome OCs XD
:iconlookatvoid:
lookatvoid Featured By Owner Dec 27, 2012
Hello, nice to meet you, that sound interesting, I used to wanted to work with animals as child...
Ok, Let me see, I got too many OCs, (over 50) and I love them all, but let me tell you about two of them.
First of all is "Vacio", an eyeless doll with a scarf and a worn hat who canīt see for his own hability, but he can "borrow" the vision of others, or at least of anything with the shape of an eye. Unfortunately he always was surrounded by nasty people, and this twisted his personality. making him act many times as an Inquisitor. his mechanical body is filled with neddles and sharp edges, his memory is a mess, sometimes he talk about things that actaully he did not know that were in his memory. He hates when "Icy" try to cuddle him". His name means "void" or "emptiness".This character represent my past self.

My second OC is that one of my icon, "Icy" Born when someone gave me a teddy bear, (even though I am no longer a child). Heīs always smiling, taking care of "Vacio" he looks on the bright side of things. Although heīs very badly treated by Vacio, He will always be supportive, although heīs skittish, he can be very brave.
In a very simbolic way, he represents the ramparts that are in the border between hope and despair, always telling us, Hey! donīt worry, keep going. But the problem is, like any wall, he canīt resist forever ...
Hi! Over 50 OCs, that's a lot to keep track of!
Vacio sounds really interesting, very original idea ! Very clever use of symbolism :) How long have you had Icy? I find the best characters are always those that have been around forever :)
lookatvoid Featured By Owner Dec 27, 2012
Yeah I tried to make Vacio something out of the ordinary, but actually heīs not that original, I based his skill to catch the glance of others freom a videogame called forbidden siren. Vacio was the icon that I made for DA, and I joined this place a little less than 2 years. But Icy (formerly Icicle) was born just a year ago.
About the 50 OCs, well I like to imagine stories and I made a lot of characters, but My favorite OC is the Wrongwish, He have more than 15 years with me. Unfortunately I havenīt been able of finish his story because itīs became too complex for me, but if you want I can tell you a bit of his story.
Wow, Is Wrongwish your oldest character? I do love characters with complex stories :)
lookatvoid Featured By Owner Dec 29, 2012
I was reading every comment in this tread, what a nice collection of OC isn't? Must be hard to read everything. To much stories. Oh well... you ask for the story of "the Wrongwish", but first let me tell you something, sorry for the grammar faults, english is not my first languaje, ok? And about the real origin of the wrongwish... well when I was a child and watched cartoons, always I hated when the villains lost, especially against obnoxious and unbearable heroes, so I created a character who were able to erase the smile of their mouth, with the time and many years I designed his personality, I wanted to... rather that people were excited by the final confrontation, wanted them to feel fear and concern for the heroes...
Ok,here we Go... the resume of the story...

before I can tell the story of Wrongwish you must know the Red God, he was a guardian (or lesser God) who had under his care a planet, but he found more pleasure in killing the inhabitants, resurrecting and killing them again, all his aberrant actions began to corrupt his appearance. Other lesser Gods fought against him, for the sake of the inhabitants. He was deprived of almost all his power, leaving him as a "dead god". But then he wanted revenge. How? in a place called "the The Dark End". For every evil action and nasty feeling a small amount of negative energy is generated, but when a living being or guardian gets rid of that energy, this is placed in a dimension Hidden deep in the universe, this is The Dark End. The Red God was one of the few who knew the place. But was not easy to enter,if something or someone was trying to enter, was devoured by his own ambition, sucked and crushed for all that energy...

Im a bit tired so let me leave this for now, if you want I can continue tomorrow. meanwhile hereīs a thumb from another of my OCs, related with the Wrongwish.

OC. The Presenter
Name: Unknown
a.k.a.: The Presenter (sometimes The klepto )
Height: 1.90 m.
genre: male
Birthplace: unknown
Affiliation: the forgotten
Weapons and Tools: Combat Staff, special fireproof suit, great wealth.
social relationships: usually sees him teaming up with Pyros a huge man with skills to generate heat (here is the reason for the suit). Both have created a relationship of trust such that Pyros never dared to question the orders of the presenter, the origin of this friendship is unknown. Beyond that, the presenter shows a cold and serious attitude toward both allies and enemies.

strength: ()()()()
resistance: ()()()(
PixieSabre Featured By Owner Dec 31, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Sorry for the late reply! Was studying. Very interesting concept for the character, I like how your idea came from watching cartoons as a child :)

The Dark End sounds awesome, similar to the place where my character Varrh lives (Underworld). I think it's true about negatives energies being released when evil things happen.
The Presenter has a great design! Like his hat.

I also like your idea of doing character biographies in a deviation, I should do that ! (Been trying to do it in journals ^^; )
Add a Comment: