Closed to new replies
December 10, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 150

Hey, dA! I'm a newbie, in a sense!

:iconladykinadai:
LadyKinadai Featured By Owner Dec 10, 2012
Even though I've been here for a year (which isn't a very long time, I guess) it's my first time posting on the forums. I guess I've always been nervous. Or intimidated. Both, probably.

Anyway, I'm just looking around for new friends! All that. (:
A little about me? Well, uh, call me Mari, if you'd like! =D

What do I like? Well, I've been looking for some roleplay partners [I don't have any good plots though...] and basically I want people to chat with. I get so lonely on dA sometimes...

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconkuroneko987:
KuroNeko987 Featured By Owner Dec 22, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
hello Mari-san ! nice to meet you *bow*
:iconloveloveplz:
LadyKinadai Featured By Owner Dec 22, 2012
Nice to meet you too~! :heart: What a cute icon! I love all the Onion icons <3
KuroNeko987 Featured By Owner Dec 22, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
me too ! onion is cute ! :icononionloveplz:
LadyKinadai Featured By Owner Dec 24, 2012
What's your favorite Onion icon? Mine is probably :icondignitylaughplz:
KuroNeko987 Featured By Owner Dec 24, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
me ? maybe :iconlalalaplz:
LadyKinadai Featured By Owner Dec 25, 2012
Then how about ~

:icononimerrychristmas1::icononimerrychristmas2::icononimerrychristmas3::icononimerrychristmas4:
KuroNeko987 Featured By Owner Dec 25, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
uwaaa ! damn cute Onions! Santa-onion is soo awesome ! xDD
:iconflyingsolo666:
flyingsolo666 Featured By Owner Dec 18, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
hi there, the more friends i always say.

i'm also trying to make new friends on here. the last time most of them left but that was also on a different account that is now inactive here.

i have gif/ flash that are cool

i have made an original quote done by me. :woohoo: want to see it
Hello! What should I call you?

Yes, I had an old account here that's inactive. =u= But, try try again I always say.

Yes please show me!! :)
flyingsolo666 Featured By Owner Dec 22, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
my nicks are wolf, hurdo, piras, and a few others
LadyKinadai Featured By Owner Dec 24, 2012
Those are beautiful quotes ♥
flyingsolo666 Featured By Owner Dec 24, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
:)
:iconschris91:
schris91 Featured By Owner Dec 16, 2012  Student Filmographer
Wassup, I be Sean. Nice to meet ya.
LadyKinadai Featured By Owner Dec 16, 2012
*Mari, rather =n=

My homies spell it all in different ways :la:
schris91 Featured By Owner Dec 17, 2012  Student Filmographer
What am I into? Haha broad question, but I'm a film student I like writing and directing and doing stand-up rarely, occasionally play shows and open mics solo/with a band, and I love comics and animation. How about you?
LadyKinadai Featured By Owner Dec 18, 2012
That's pretty cool! My homies say I'm funny but like hell would I ever be able to do stand-up. :meow: So props to you! As well as the music and films and everything. You seem like a hella cool guy, bro.

Me? I'm pretty boring. :meow: I like reading and drawing. And gossiping. Is that bad? Yeah, it's bad, but, hey... ^^; Let's see... I like all kinds of music, especially rap and rock, I guess! I like watching synchronized dance (like dance crews) and wish that I could move like that! =]
schris91 Featured By Owner Dec 19, 2012  Student Filmographer
Thanks! Haha yeah stand-up is rough sometimes but rewarding on a good night. But that ain't boring at all, if you want to you should totally try and learn to dance like that, or at least to some extent because that kind of dancing that those dance crews pull off is absolutely insane. I don't think my body has the physical capacity to even attempt that stuff without breaking lol
Sweet!
Oh man, I totally would. I remember my school had a hip-hop contest last year, and this amazing crew took second (this chick doing ballet took second ... didn't make sense to me since it was a HIP-HOP contest, y'know?) They did this thing where they moved their bodies into a shape of an airplane and one person looked like he was steering it and it was just beyond awesome.

Definitely! I love wandering around Times Square and seeing all the dance crews who perform for tourists. (Most of them are really hot, too. :iconpervplz:)
Hey Sean! As you've seen, I'm Mary. It's nice to meet you to! So, what are you into?
:iconrizhnir:
Rizhnir Featured By Owner Dec 16, 2012
I don't RP, but I do like your stuffs. Welcome to da forums! DA can be used as a flotation device in the event of a water landing.
You like what I do? I'm touched! Quite touched. :icontuzkiblushplz:

And I suppose so! I do like dA. :heart:

So, what should I call you?
Rizhnir Featured By Owner Dec 16, 2012
Riz works fine for me :D I like that you use what looks like a pixel-kind of style. Since I use it too, I'm drawn to that style. :]
Pixel-kind? What do you mean? =] I mean, I think I get what you mean, but I don't know if most of my gallery has pixel-like art! Unless I'm misunderstanding you? :meow:
Rizhnir Featured By Owner Dec 19, 2012
In other words it at least appears you use something like MS Paint, which uses the little tiny digital pixel squares for images instead of a clean brush stroke. My stuff is an example of using MS Paint for that effect, but there are other pixel arts that are larger.

Bah. Nevermind. Tis too confuzzling. xD
Oh, gotcha! I was thinking you meant that, but I wasn't sure. :heart: I use Paint Tool SAI, actually, and it's my most favorite program ever! How about you? What's your favorite program?
Rizhnir Featured By Owner Dec 22, 2012
Besides paint, I use GIMP (because it's free!!). They're annoying to work with, but they get the job done for the price I paid for 'em ($0). xD
One of my friends got SAI for me n-n I used GIMP once or twice but I fail horribly at using it
:iconphinnimonster:
Phinnimonster Featured By Owner Dec 14, 2012   General Artist
Hey there, I'm up for chatting if you are! :D
Do you have some series you're in to?
LadyKinadai Featured By Owner Dec 15, 2012
Heya! So, what should I call ya? Dalek? (I know that's from Dr. Who, but I've never been into the series :'D)

Well, that's the thing, I guess! I'm a fan without a fandom. =u= There's no real series that I'm super -into-, unfortunately... but, how about you?
Phinnimonster Featured By Owner Dec 15, 2012   General Artist
"Dalek"'s fine! :D And I can call you Mari, right? (,:

Haha, a fan without a fandom.. well, it's the "fan" part that counts. I haven't really got ONE series I'm super into, so much as a bunch of series that I'm interested in. I'm also a fan of things like original characters.
Yupyup, Mari's good! :dummy:

I suppose so! I like drawing things from L4D and Harvest Moon and Pokemon (not so much lately... I guess I just don't have the same love for it =n= ). But I hear ya on the original character stuff, that's definitely my thing! =]
I see! Have you played any other Valve games, or just L4D? I always hear about Harvest Moon, people seem to like it. I keep wondering if it's similar to Animal Crossing. (Have you played that game?)
And yeah, whenever I see an artist making original content I get excited about it. Haha. I've been working on some OCs of my own recently.
I've played a bit of Portal and Half-Life at my friend's house, I don't have very many consoles. =] Even if I can't play the game, I try to familiarize myself with the game's story. :meow:

Harvest Moon, sort of! But you have to work a bit harder, you know, planting crops, taking care of animals. I think most people's favorite thing about the series is the fact that you can get married. :heart:

Nice! Good luck with your OCs; it's so much fun fleshing them out. :D
I love Portal, it's so brilliant! I'm still trying to find the Orange Box somewhere so I can play Portal 1 and Half-Life and Team Fortress :P Sometimes I accidentally get familiar with a game's story or characters just because everyone's talking about it (like ACIII :P)

Bahah, that's funny you can get married.. I'll have to check that game out some time.

And thank you! I agree, it's very fun.
I think my favorite part of Portal is Chell's awesome-possum shoes... They are the coolest! [link]

Word. A few of my exes have been really into gaming so I picked up a lot from them =] I like knowing about games, just so I can follow a conversation.

Uh huh. Heart Events are so cute. (Those are pretty much cut scenes that build up relationship points with the character you want to marry, etc etc)
(1 Reply)
:iconturkevulture:
TurkEvulture Featured By Owner Dec 13, 2012
Hey, welcome to the forums. I'd love to chat.
LadyKinadai Featured By Owner Dec 13, 2012
Nice to meet you, I'm Mari, yadda yadda! So who are you, and what are your interests? :la:
TurkEvulture Featured By Owner Dec 15, 2012
I'm Turkey "E" Vulture. I love to bike, swim, jog, and climb when the weather is right. I also write poetry and journal in my free time. What are your interests?
Sound like you're all about that outdoors-y life. I'm a city gal myself, so, I guess heading out to somewhere beautiful would take me sometime... but I do love my city. :la: I like poetry too! Nonsensical, whimsical poetry, I guess. :la: I just recently started a journal. :meow:

But, let's see, I like to, ah, draw, and watch movies when I'm sick (as I am right now :icondragonsneezeplz: x_x). But, let's see, I like chatting a lot, too. I guess I'm a bit of a gossiper...
TurkEvulture Featured By Owner Dec 16, 2012
Your sick? Oh, poor girl. Snuggle up by the fire with a good book, be it fiction or a compilation of poetry. :)
(What city do you live in/near?)
Well, I would if I had a fireplace! =) My best friend is pretty good with his hands so we were talking about installing one... maybe... but yeah, I've been reading/watching movies/sleeping all day.

I live in NYC :la: How boutchu?
TurkEvulture Featured By Owner Dec 16, 2012
Pellet stoves are an excellent (perhaps even expensive) way to heat part of a house, at least. My uncle had one and it worked like a charm; within minutes that sucker could heat up his massive living room. And in New York, finding wood might not be an option.
I live in South central Wisconsin, in the country, only an hour away from Madison.
Wow! They're sure expensive though, aren't they? Welp, the next thing my buddy seems to be saving up for is fenders/bumpers so... ahaha. But damn, I'll take your word for it ...as for wood in New York, well, like all city slickers we just buy what we need instead of going out and working for it =P No, but I think one can get logs at like, Home Depot...

Yeah? What's it like in the country? What're the schools like? Do you live in like a town? Or what? Sorry about all the questions, I've just always wanted to know. :']
:icondiabolimalefica:
DiaboliMALEFICA Featured By Owner Dec 13, 2012
Naw don't feel intimidated ;o; -huggle- hii
:iconrubcheeksplz: Hello! So, uh, what should I call you? And what do you like? :dummy:
DiaboliMALEFICA Featured By Owner Dec 13, 2012
You can call my Gemma thats my real name <3

NAWW cutie emote

This is my adoptable account ^^ hehe To be professional I'd say I like making creatures and earning points

but personally I love iscribble, roleplaying and drawing. I adore marvel comics too xD
Nice to meetcha Gemma! That's a really nice name.

Thanks! I think it's super cute too :dummy:

I saw your adoptables! They're super cool too. ;D I can't really draw stuff like that, methinks... so, *Donlvir is your main account, then? Noice!

I'm with you on the RPing and the drawing. ;D I'm all about that life! Can't say I'm into Marvel comics, but that's only due to lack of exposure.
DiaboliMALEFICA Featured By Owner Dec 14, 2012
Naww tyyy Whats yours? ouo

XD

Yus. And ty! Naww I betcha could if practices ;u;

Yus Donlvir is my main account where I post art xD

:la: OMG YEY I love them bootthh I prefer oc rp tho
LadyKinadai Featured By Owner Dec 14, 2012
Mari! :meow:

Welp, practice leads to perfection, I guess! But I'll leave that sort of thing to the masters ;D

Awh yiss! You've got some very nice art thar <3

Me too! I can never do canon characters... Dx
DiaboliMALEFICA Featured By Owner Dec 16, 2012
Ooh nice name :D

Yus Always draw get better be awesome =w=. D: u can be a master tooo

:la: You too

D: It's just not right. I mean if you look at it from the creators perspective. I mean imagine if someone shipped your oc with theres an made them gay or lesbian or straight or AMG It's just like wrong XD
Add a Comment: