I'm kinda new to the mix here

Hello, I am sort of shy, but I am sure everyone here is really kind. I just thought that posting a thread would benefit me to get to know the community more. With that, I am really intrigued by how varied this site is. There is a lot of inspirational art and I do not want to come off as that socially awkward person who says, "Nice work!", favorites the picture, and leaves.

I vary in what I do in the art department. So far, I only have some concept sketches, (what appears to be) cover pages, and sprite sheets for a video game my friends and I are working on. My friends tell me that I draw similarly to that of Scott Pilgrim. I like to attempt to make some original content here and there. And I am still practicing drawing at different perspectives on my characters and story boarding.

Well, I think that is everything about me in a nutshell. Oh, and while I am at it, is there any drawing tablet out there that allows me to see what I am doing on the canvas? I thank you in advance! :D
Comments54
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
I agree about the layering, but accidentally mixing a color with the black out line can throw me off. The picture I am working on has some of these issues, but nothing too big. Either way, that will be something I need to work on.
Thank you, it is really cool being here! :dance:
You're welcome :D Glad to hear you're enojying the site :woohoo:
Heh, it is really cool to see everybody's art styles. Speaking of which, what is yours? :?:
:D
It's kind of mixed, but more anime-ish ^^; I'm more of a writer :la:
Writing is fun, but only if it is about what you want to write. :D Funny thing about my hand writing was that just yesterday my literature teacher said I had the hand writing of a serial killer. :stab:
Yeah :D I got my own story going so :D
XD Nice :P
View all replies
'Sup bro and welcome to dA
Thanks, man! I like your icon, did you do it your self? :confused:
ha, ha, oh no, no, no, a friend of mine made it just for me, :iconnyharu:

she's the one who made it :3
Oh, sorry about that. :oops:

So what goes through your mind when you are drawing? :)
ha, ha, it's cool ^w^

well, when I draw I always want to figure out if I should create some sort of interesting pic that I can place my OCs in, if I feel happy, upset, sad or want to use music to create an awesome pic o3o
That is interesting. :dance: When I want to make a detailed picture, I think about how I can make it different from other pictures. Also, I try to improve my skills by drawing at different perspectives and angles. That, or I just draw for the heck of it and those usually turn up as concept sketches. :dummy:
really now? very interesting indeed
Hey! Welcome to the DA forum. It's a great place to spend time. :)
I'll say, I have been to a few forums before, but here... :O_o: Just blown away! So what do you do? :)
I sit around all day, quite honestly. lol.
I have:
-no car
-no job
-no school to go to
-no girlfriend
-no close friends
-and no driver's license. On top of that, I live in the country.
HOWEVER
I do love to write and I would like to start making an abstract film.
:wow: I love abstract stuff, it really gets me thinking about what goes through the artist's mind.
G'Day and welcome aboard.
I hope you are enjoying your time here so far?
You betcha! It took me an entire year to get an account! However, I have yet to check out all the site's features.
Awesome.
If you need a hand with anything feel free to let me know.
Thanks! I will be sure not to hesitate to ask. The community around here is really supportive! :)
It sure is, there are a lot of friendly people around here :)