So, yeah. I'm new.

Hi, all.
I'm UpsetBoulevard, but you can call me Tyler.

I'm new to dA and I am still getting to grips with how everything works, but so far it has been quite easy to pick up. I've been a passive user of dA for years, though simply to look at the work of others. My favourite thing about the site is all the little communities who get to know each other and interact regularly, and as a result I finally decided to make an account.

I'm hoping to meet some good friends here, so anyone willing to befriend me would be greatly appreciated!

I'm seventeen, male and from England. I love all forms of art, though my favourites are probably film and literature. I'm looking to get involved in digital art and will hopefully be getting a Wacom tablet for Christmas!

I like LOTS of things, so if we talk for long enough we're bound to find common interests to build a friendship on. I'm also really open to new ideas, so I appreciate people sharing things they love with me, as chances are I will probably end up liking it too!

So, yeah. Thanks for reading and hopefully I can meet some great people through the site!
Comments64
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Hello Tyler! I'm Aiko, nice to meet you! ^^ I'd be happy to be your friend, new friends are always good!
hey Tyler :D welcome to DA :D how are you?
Hey! :dummy: I'm good, thank you.
How are you? :meow:
im good, thanks :3
i would also be happy to give you help if you need any i will try to help anyway :)
Awesome, thank you! :meow:
no problem :3
Hi Tyler, welcome to dA! :D If there's anything you need help with, just let me know and I'll see what I can do... :meow:

Well, what are your interests? :)
Thank you so much. ^^
I will most likely end up holding you to that offer, I'm still getting used to everything!

I love film production! I'm caught up with producing material for my Media and Film coursework assignments right now, but when I have some spare time I'm going to direct something especially for dA. Part of my obsession with film involves collecting archive footage from old television broadcasts - which is SUPER nerdy, but I love film and I love the 50s in particular. Aside from that, I like drawing - nothing with artistic merit, just little doodles and such. Then your average Joe hobbies: listening to music, going to concerts, reading etc. On the subject of reading, I love writing, too - but again, I'm not very good. I just enjoy it!

How about you? :meow:
That sounds fun! I don't know much about film to be honest, but I do understand why you love the 50s stuff! My favourite movie is from the 50s... :)

My interests? Well, I have to say that music is my biggest passion! I enjoy both listening and playing... I play drums, piano and I sing a bit, and then I've played a few random instruments like violin and flute...
Hmm... Besides that, I love to draw (obviously, that's why I'm here) and I also love writing, and I write A LOT!
Recently I bought a camera and started to do some photography, I'm not very good, but it's so much fun! So that's a big interest too!
Hmm, what more do I like..? I'm very interested in astronomy and English culture... And yeah, I LOVE the 70s!! My father use to say that in my mind, I'm probably living in the 70s... ;p

What kind of music do you listen to? :meow:
I love the 70s too! I say the 50s, but I really mean the era starting in the mid 50s and ending at the end of the 70s - what particularly fascinates me is the vast change in such a relatively short space of time, it's like living on a different Earth. I collect vintage, archived film footage from this period and it's so interesting to watch.

Ah, a virtuoso! I love music too, I'm very passionate about it - alas, I cannot play anything other than a synthesizer... Which, let's face it, anyone can do! I'm very impressed by your range of instruments. I will check out your art after writing this, but I'm sure it's very good!

As for photography, I'm the same. I think it comes from my love of film - it's an attraction to documenting something that will never, ever happen again. That's why I love it, anyway - film is obviously capable of capturing longer moment, but photography is just as powerful. That's why I love it, anyway. There's some magical about it. I'm not a very good photographer, mind - I just enjoy it!

Astronomy is a very interesting interest. XD Can you tell me more about that?

I have a ridiculously varied music taste. My favourite band are Spector, they're a relatively new five-piece from London and I highly recommend checking them out. If you're gonna give them a listen, start with 'Chevy Thunder'. I also like artists like Bjork, Lady Gaga, Crystal Castles, Lana Del Rey, Swim Deep, Gabriel Bruce... The list goes on, I couldn't possibly name them all. What about you, what artists do you like?
Really? That's awesome! :D I also collect some stuff... I collect vinyl records from that era, and I agree, it's very interesting to watch! I don't wanna say that everything was better then, but I feel like things - especially film and music - held a much higher standard...

Haha, thanks! :) It's never to late to learn! ;) Why don't you start to play something?
I always wanted to learn to play the guitar... I've tried to learn it, but I just CAN'T! Haha, I think my hands are too small, or it's just something else that's wrong with me, but it always sound horrible when I give it a try... :XD:

I know it's nerdy, but it's actually very interesting! I've felt a fascination for stars ever since I was a kid, and I guess that just developed into a bigger interest for space... Right now I'm studying natural science and my school owns their own observatory, so we have access to the biggest telescope in Sweden! It's very cool! ^^

I LOVE the band Queen!! It's almost embarrassing to admit, but ever since my father introduced me to Queen a few years ago, I haven't listened to much else... But I'm very into classic rock in general... I like David Bowie, Jimi Hendrix, The Rolling Stones and Led Zeppelin, but Queen is my all time fav! :heart:
Lady Gaga? :D I was very into Lady Gaga a few years ago, and I still like her very much even though I don't listen to her as much as I used to! Have you ever been to any of her concerts? :)

And I'm totally gonna check them out! I might need to listen to something else than Queen... ;p
I totally agree. I doubt I would appreciate as much if I actually lived in that era, so I don't regard them as 'better' than our time. I just feel that, like you said, standards of the art they produced was much, much higher. (Yes, I consider film and music art!)

Astrology sounds so fascinating, you're very lucky to have those facilities at your school. I'm not sure about anywhere else in the world, but here in England you could see Jupiter beside the moon last night.

Queen, Bowie, The Stone Roses... :love:

Yes, I saw her on the Monster Ball tour in 2010 and then more recently on the Born This Way Ball tour in September. Both times she was incredible. I'm the same, though - I love her, but I think I've grown out of her music a little. She is my favourite person in the industry by far - I love her attitude and her outfits and performances, but musically I think I've matured a little.

You should totally check out Spector. I just finished following them on their UK tour - I did seven dates. The band know me very well and always meet me afterwards, they are super nice. They have a song named 'Upset Boulevard' that they only ever play when I am in the audience, which is rad! They're just so nice and great and YES CHECK THEM OUT. :love:
God! What can I say? I love your taste in music!! :love:

I saw her at the Monster Ball tour as well! I agree, she's an amazing performer! Haha, I sat outside the arena in 18 hours before so I would get a spot in the front row, but it was sooo worth it! ^^

Oh my... :o That's very cool!! ^^ I will check them out now! :D

(And please excuse my horrible English, I hope I don't make your eyes bleed with my terrible grammar... :XD:)
View all replies
Heya and welcome to dA. Hope u like it here :)
Thank you, I love it already! :dummy:
Doing your A levels now, I assume?
Yes, I'm in my second and (hopefully) final year of A Levels. And yourself?
Nice!

In University now. :P

What A levels are you doing? How are you finding it all?
I'm doing Media, Film and English Language... Nothing of intellectual merit, but they're my passions - at least I'm enjoying it! I also have an AS Level in Fine Art under my belt, but I dropped that when I made the move to A2.

I really, really love A Levels. I get to go into college and learn about the things I love, it couldn't be any better. My UCAS was sent off today, actually, by coincidence! I'm hoping I get some offers... :pray:

What are you studying? And, if you feel comfortable of course, where at? Are you enjoying it? How did you find A Levels? :meow:
Ah.. interesting. :D

That's pretty cool. :D

Very creative then. What are you thinking of studying in university?

I'm doing English Literature. :nod:

At Leicester University. It's going alright so far, I guess.. and A levels were interesting. I liked the courses, but didn't like the examinations. xD
I'm wanting to do Film & Media Production at Sheffield Hallam or Media Production at Nottingham Trent.

Very nice! I've visited the campus at Leicester when I was choosing universities - I loved it, but unfortunately they didn't really offer what I wanted course-wise. Glad it's going well!

I'm the same, I despise exams... I'm good at them, providing I've revised, but I do not like them at all. Coursework, however, is another story entirely. I LOVE coursework! What did you take at A Level? :meow:
Ah.. that'd be pretty cool. :nod:

Why Film & Media Production?

I hear loads of people say the campus is great at Leicester. :lol:

That's understandable. :nod:

Yeah, I get what you mean there. :D

Coursework is amazing stuff. I'll always love it. :D

I took English Literature, Psychology, and Philosophy. :D
View all replies