Hello guys! :3

So... Hi! I am definitely not a new dA user (I've been there for over 2 years), but didn't take a look on the forum until now - I dunno why it took me so long haha :P
I had a long, long break from dA, the longest I've ever had actually. I came back few days ago, but hardly anyone whom I was friends with is still there. This has led me here, seeking for a few souls to talk with!

My name is Karolina. I'm interested in art, fashion, music, design, movies, books, travelling, journalism, sports, popculture.

Nice to meet all of you!~
Comments23
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
hey there and welcome back!:) What movies and books do you like?
I'm a Potterhead, but I also like classics.
Movies - I like so many, but my favorite from my favorities is "Inglorious Basterds". I love Tarantino. :3
Classics like what? :) I love Harry Potter as well, except for the epilogue ^^
Haha I found Inglorious Basterds pretty cool, typically Tarantino xD It was fascinating to see how utterly likable the jew-hunter was o_O
Well, Gone with the Wind, East from Eden, Great Expectations, The Great Gatsby, The Old Man and the Sea and much more.

Yes, I agree! I was a bit terrified of myself when I found out I liked him. : O Christoph Waltz is great.
Hurrooo :) Welcome to zee forum! :D
What kind of movies and music? :la:
music - electronical mostly, movies - well, I don't have my favorite genras, but I hate horros and stupid comedies.
Nice!

What movies or bands/artist in particular? :la:

Stupid comedies like pot comedies? :O
What's a pot comedy? Sorry, but english is not my mother tongue.

Movies - my favorite movie ever is Inglorious Basterds (I love Tarantino), I also like IM, The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, Requiem for a Dream

Bands: Massive Attack, Wet Fingers, ATB, Daft Punk, Jean-Michel Jarre, I also like bands & artists like Coldplay, 30 STM, Ellie Goulding, Alicia Keys, The Who :3
Pot comedy is when it just features high people doped up and.. yeah, it's just silly. ^^;

That's pretty cool. :O

Why Inglorious Basterds? I've heard that quite a few times. :nod:

Sounds great, though!
Okay, now I know :P

Inglorious Basterds... Well, there's something weird about this movie: it's about II World War, killing Jews - things that were real horror, but it's also funny. This is a bit terrible, because how come something like this might be funny? The answer is simple: this is Tarantino. This movie reflects the outrage of the Nazi jew hunting, but it's characters (even the most bad ones) are unbelievable likeable. Tarantino plays with our emotions and he does it perfectly, imperceptibly switching from character-based humour to fast paced action. At one time we're laughing our ass off (sorry for colloquialism), at the other we just sit and watch in silence.

It's a bit long, sorry : O
Ah, I see. :O_o:

Interesting. I'll have to watch that then. :P

Nah, it's alright! I mean, if it's a good film like that, it deserves it. :hug:
Hio :)
If you wanna talk, we can be frinds x´D
sure thing! What are you interests? :3 though it's my personal welcome thread haha
[link]
I don´t wanna spam on your personal welcome thread x´D

:squee:
gee, thanks! Gonna read it :3
just commented on it. check it out x)
Hi; welcome to the forums! What kind of music are you into?
Well, I'm into electronic music mostly (Massive Attack, Wet Fingers - beloved), but I also like other genras - pop, rock etc. My favorite artists and bands are the two above and Coldplay, Bjork, Ellie Goulding, Sia, ATB, Muse, The Who, Julia Marcell, Queen, U2, Amy Winehouse, Alicia Keys... Lots of genras as you can see :3 Broadly speaking I like good music, not some Britney-Spears-like songs, where everything is a creation of synthesizers. (no offense, it's just an example)
Ah, Alicia Keys is one of my very favorites... she just has such a powerful, soulful voice. "You Don't Know My Name" is one of my favorite songs ever.
Yes, I agree! I love this song. Not only has she a deep and powerful voice, she's also an amazing songwriter. "Empire State of Mind II" is one of the most beautiful songs ever written in my opinion.