Closed to new replies
November 23, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 94
:iconlady-amigdala:
Lady-Amigdala Featured By Owner Nov 23, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
I'm not quite new here.

I've been here for 4 years but then I decided to change accounts. There were too many different stuff on my old acc so I decided to start from scratch with new stuff.

I'm 20 years old and I like Skyrim very much. That's more or less it.

Well if there is someone nice and friendly around here, let me know. :)

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconwhiskyomega:
WhiskyOmega Featured By Owner Nov 25, 2012  Professional General Artist
G'day,
hope you're well.

I like the screenshots in your gallery, they're very high quality. :)

I'm also a person who's 'refreshed' themselves by making a new account; I've actually been a member since 2000 so I guess I'm an old vet by now. XD

I'd be glad to add you as a Friend/Watch if you'd be so kind as to add me as well?

Take care!
:rose:
Lady-Amigdala Featured By Owner Nov 26, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
Hya there!

Thanks I try to keep them in HD. ;)

Damn that's a long time :D Too many stuff on my old account. I just had to do it.

Off course I will add you :)
:iconwinxclubgirl:
Winxclubgirl Featured By Owner Nov 24, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Hello!
Lady-Amigdala Featured By Owner Nov 25, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
Hello there :D And thanks for the watch :3 I reaally appreciate it.

I see you're into literature ? :)
Winxclubgirl Featured By Owner Nov 25, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
No problem, I checked out your gallery and thought it was amazing.
I love to write, are you into literature?

I'm into literature but only as a reader. That's why I find your work nice :D
Winxclubgirl Featured By Owner Nov 25, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Thank you =D
Np :D
:iconlexie11:
lexie11 Featured By Owner Nov 24, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
hello to you!!! :)
Lady-Amigdala Featured By Owner Nov 24, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
Hello lexie!

Thank you for the watch :D
lexie11 Featured By Owner Nov 24, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
Hi and your very welcome I love your work it is both inspiring and amazing :)
Wow such nice words :D

I appreciate it :aww: I'm posting some new stuff soon. ;)
lexie11 Featured By Owner Nov 25, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
awesome I can't wait to see it :)
I've uploaded some work so check it out if you want ;)

Here [link]
:iconedvall:
Edvall Featured By Owner Nov 24, 2012   Traditional Artist
HEY!
HEY to you too!
:iconrizhnir:
Rizhnir Featured By Owner Nov 24, 2012
I guess I should get Skyrim at some point in my life. Everyone seems to love it.

Anyway, Welcome Fellow Human!! :]
Well some of the people don't like it because everyone else likes it :O They apparently don't know what is it about.

Get it and you will easily get hooked. :D At least I think so. If you're into RPG's.

Thank you fellow Human :3
Well we call people like that "Hipsters." Lol!

I've been meaning to get a good RPG for the PS3, but if I ever turn it on, I instinctively pop in Battlefield 3. I may be ready to branch out soon xD
Battlefield! Played that game is cool. Hey we all have our preferable game. When I start to play something that is not so good as Skyrim I quickly loose interest :O
BF is very addictive xD I did like Legend of Zelda games, so if Skyrim (and maybe Dragon Age or whatever it was called from a while ago)functions like that, I'd be down. Can you customize your own character like in Warcraft and other mmo's?
I played it I know. :3

You can customize your character at the beginning of the game. There you choose which race you will be and skin/hair/eye colour etc. Later in game you gain experience level up, wear awesome armours and weapons which you can craft by yourself at the blacksmiths place. You ride a horse. Hm what else.. There is a bunch of stuff you can do, should I continue or? x)
It definitely sounds cool. I was most interested in the character customization since I haven't played one like that on a console before, only on a PC. I'll have to put it on my Xmas list. Thanks for the info!! :D
There I think this shows more about character creation [link] ;)
And about the game and storyline, mods updates etc I recommend this site [link]
No problem! If you need anything else just let me know I'm always willing to help someone who wants to start Skyriming :3
:iconaxeman5:
AxeMan5 Featured By Owner Nov 23, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
It's great to hear from another Skyrim fan of a similar age! I love everything about the game myself, it is quite simply one of the greatest videogames I have played! And the original soundtrack of the game is simply stunning! 8-)

I would normally say welcome to the forum ect, but seeing as you are not entirely new, I shall offer a warm welcome instead! :)

I love the Skyrim screens in your gallery by the way, they are brilliant, just like the game itself. I've got a lot of Skyrim based digital drawings on the way myself, but they are taking me ages to complete! I'm trying to capture a bunch of the main stand out moments from the game in my art work, but I am simply spoilt for choice! :D
Thank you for your warm welcome. :D

Most of the people started with TES from the beginning of the story (TES:Arena, Daggerfall etc) But I started with Oblivion. I didn't know what it was because the CD was damaged dusty and all that. As soon as I started playing it I fell in deep deep love. :heart: I finished Oblivion 54355 times, then I started to play Morrowind. Just to see what it is. And once again: deep deep love. I don't have to mention what happened with Skyrim :3

For me it is the greatest game of all times. Story, graphics, monsters, music! Everything is in its place and I just love it! Soundtrack is my "good-morning" music. Off course I like to play other games too, but this one means something special.

Awwww thanks I try to do my best. :3 Sometimes I feel bad I just post screenshots slightly edited in photoshop. I wanna learn how to draw digitally, because for me that kind of art is brilliant and it looks beautiful.

I checked out your gallery and you have really nice stuff there! :D
AxeMan5 Featured By Owner Nov 24, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Haha, that's rather similar to me, though I started by playing Morrowind on the original xbox. I have the greatest of love for that game! :love:

I was quite simply amazed by Morrowind at first, all of it's back story was fascinating! And the variety of locations! From huge towering mushrooms reaching the sky, to sand storm deserts, and the winter forests of Solstheim; everything about the game was varied and stunning! 8-)

I think Oblivion lost a bit of that personally, there were lots of forests, and the winter area of Bruma, but beyond that there wasn't much in the way of variation. Still, the storyline and everything else were the usual top notch. Who can forget the Arena in Cyrodill, or the Battle for Kvatch, and the opening of the great Oblivion Gate in Bruma! It was truly a fantastic game! I could literally talk about them all forever! :dance:

The history of the game world is all meticolously crafted into every location, branch of storyline, and item; which is why I think I love the franchise so much! It's just so detailed and captivating.

The soundtrack has always been good in TES games, but Skyrim was the best of all, nearly everything about Skyrim was brilliant, a proper combination of the best of both Morrowind and Oblivion rolled into one. I'd fail to name a single fault with the game beyond the ocassional bugs and glitches!

Oh, thanks! I'm glad you liked the gallery! I've literally just taken up digital art a few months ago. I'm a self taught designer, and fortunately my traditional drawing skill transfers onto the graphics tablet pretty well. If you ever take up digital art, i'd be happy to offer a few pointers! :)

Oh, and I should have some Skyrim pieces on the way soon too! :D
When I think of oblivion I find him now quite hm.. Empty. Landscapes weren't so interesting but then yet again storyline was badass :D Everything about the franchise is perfect. You cna see that a lot of time and patience, creativity and awesomeness is given to make it what it is today. I don't know anyone who haven't played Skyrim or any TES game.

Skyrim soundtrack is the masterpiece. :heart:

Lately I work on 3D modeling and design I'm trying to do something for the game I play, today I actually successfully imported it into Workshop on steam. Here [link] it doesn't look quite nice yet still making some upgrades.

If you want you could send me some useful links about digital painting? I'm always looking forward to learn some new stuff ^-^
AxeMan5 Featured By Owner Nov 27, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
The storyline in Oblivion, I thought personally was the best. Not least because Sean Bean (one of my favourite actors) supplied the voice acting for Martin Septim, but solely because of the whole fantastic idea of the oblivion gates in general, and remembering some of the epic battles throughout the game gives me goosebumps! 8-)

Your 3d modelling work is looking neat! Keep up the good work! :D

Which reminds me, I haven't played Team Fortress 2 yet, despite all of the good words I have heard of it. I really should get around to trying it one day!

To be honest, I am entirely self taught, eveything I learnt came from a book, or trial and error practice, so I can't really link you to any sites that would help. I'm sure someone on this site will be able to assist you though, if you ask in the help forum or something similar! :)
Lady-Amigdala Featured By Owner Nov 28, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
Sean Bean :heart: Btw while you mentiond him, do you watch Game of Thrones?

I know! God I want to play Oblivion again now. :3 I must wait my exams to finish though.

Team Fortress is fun game. :D
People either love it or hate it. I personally love it, my bf got me into it, since I wasn't fan of online games. Game is awesome! It's free to play, you have tons of Items with which you can customise your character and yet you can contribute to the community with your own item. For now I have only this ring, but I plan to make more as soon as I get some free time!

I will google a bit then ;) Maybe I'll find some good tutorial because I really love to learn new and interesting stuff. I'm still teaching myself how to model. I practice on my own and follow a bunch of tutorials. They actually help because in every single one of them you learn something new!
AxeMan5 Featured By Owner Nov 28, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I do indeed! I am a massive fan of the series, and am currently reading through the whole Ice and Fire book collection! Eddard Stark is a character on my to do list of future digital drawings, along with a few others! 8-)

I know what you mean, I really want to get stuck into it again! It seems like an age since I last played the game!

Really? I had no idea customization played such a big part of it! I would love to try it out one day, just as soon as I have a gaming capable laptop/pc! :D

Yeah, recommendations and facts certainly help the improvement process no end! Nothing beats getting stuck straight in to your work, and letting your own skill set flourish though! That's how I've find the best way to improve, by trial and error! I wish you luck anyhow! And look forward to seeing your new stuff soon!:dance:
Lady-Amigdala Featured By Owner Nov 29, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
I plan to buy myself those books. :3 My favourite was "Ned". I really loved him. But off course he died.
Can't wait to see them!

Last time I played Oblivion was year and a half ago :O I remember it was a few weeks before Skyrim was released.

Game is not quite demanding. Even with low configuration you can play it really well. But I know your problem. I had pretty bad computer about a year ago. I succeeded to buy myself new one a week before Skyrim was released. :D

Thank you for your kindness. :) I hope I will improve my skills and get better !
:iconben3418:
Ben3418 Featured By Owner Nov 23, 2012
Hello i cant really say welcome to DA then can I =/
Well actually nope. You could if I didn't mention that I'm already 4 years on DA. xD But now I think is irrelevant to mention ;)
:iconben3418:
Ben3418 Featured By Owner Nov 24, 2012
lol ya
:icon3wyl:
3wyl Featured By Owner Nov 23, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
What else do you do other than play Skyrim? :la:
I play team fortress and Dishonored xD And off course study. A bit. Exams started. :3

You?
3wyl Featured By Owner Nov 24, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Intense! How is it going so far?

I like to read and music is great as well. :nod:
Well it goes well. For now off course. Later shall be fun :D

I like to read too! What do you read?
3wyl Featured By Owner Nov 25, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
How will it be fun? :O

I like to read young adult fiction mostly... fantasy and sci-fi are my favourite genres, but I like anything and everything so long as it is fiction. Mystery, action, romance... they're all good. :D
Sarcasm my friend.. Sarcasm :)

I'm into fantasy stuff, criminal ones and horror, but actually if the book is good I'll read anything :O
3wyl Featured By Owner Nov 26, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Oh, I see. :O

Nice!

Why criminal .. fantasy? :O
I like mystery solving in books :D And yes.. Fantasy books as in dragons magic etc etc
(1 Reply)
:iconsplendidsloth:
splendidsloth Featured By Owner Nov 23, 2012  Student Digital Artist
Hello! (:

I have also switched accounts. haha. But mostly just because I stopped drawing on DA for a while haha >_> What's up?
Hya there :D

Nothing much at the moment, I have a lot of work to do today so I'm drinking bunch of coffee to bring me back to life. :D I plan on posting a few more Skyrim shots today then studying, then studying, then studying then gym and then bed. :3

What's up with you?
splendidsloth Featured By Owner Nov 24, 2012  Student Digital Artist
Aw you have school? ;_; Skyrim shots as in? O: I'm actually having holidays now! Which is great but I am interning at a branding company so I still have work ;_; I WANT TO BE FREE.
Yes College -.-' till the Christmas eve. Then we have break for 2 weeks and then the finals start. >.< beautiful I will spend my Christmas studying under the tree. I feel your suffering. :(
splendidsloth Featured By Owner Nov 24, 2012  Student Digital Artist
:( Good luck! Hahaha are your trees real trees? ._. 'Cause here in singapore we don't have real trees and it just makes Christmas feel less cool ;_;
Well here it depends. If someone prefers plastic trees he buys plastic trees if someone like real thing, buys real thing. We have plastic one :/ Because real ones can be expensive and they dry quickly and needles start to fall off. So it's a real mess. But either way haveing a real one brings real Christmas spirit into the house :D
splendidsloth Featured By Owner Nov 25, 2012  Student Digital Artist
I've never even seen real snow U_U only fake weird ice snow at "snow city" :'< You're lucky :(. which trees do you get then o:
Add a Comment: