After ten years, I've finally started putting my art online.

Hi there, I'm Jessiebelle.
I've had an account for all of two weeks, but I've uploaded some of my stuff from around six to eight years ago. I'm trying to get better, currently working on something I call Clubhand syndrome, a disease causing deformities of the hands ranging from finger-fusion to a lack of digits and more.
Nice to meet all of you! :clap:
Comments18
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Welcome to deviantART! If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask! :)

What are some of your hobbies and interests? :la:
welcome to DA
Hey there! Welcome to dA!! I've seen some of your work -- they're astonishing! :love:

How do you do? :D

:heart:Ruwich
Thank you so much!

I am, kind of overwhelmed. How are you?
Hello, and welcome! I see you said to someone else that you're in university... what are you studying? I'm also in university (and currently drowning in work >.>), studying East Asian studies as a major, and minors in linguistics and East Asian language (Korean). :)

Nice to meet you!
Hi there!
I'm a Psych major, working on my way to be a couple's counselor.
I took Japanese as my Language, what drew you to Linguistics?
Ah, a few of my friends switched from the programs they started on to psychology. At least among my group, it's a popular choice.

When I first started, I wanted to do translation, and that aside, I've always had an interest in languages, so I figured that I would take an intro-level linguistics class as an elective. I liked it, so I set it as my first minor program. Some of it is really technical, which I don't like, but things like sociolinguistics and how bilingual people acquire language is just fascinating.
Yeah, I started in Biology and moved into psychology too.

Language acquisition is indeed fascinating! That's a place where psychology and linguistics cross over.
Yeah, my university has some more psycholinguistic neurolinguistic courses, but I didn't do any of those. To hear from other people, though, they're fascinating.
I don't know much about those, but I know the psychology side of language is pretty neat, especially second languages and puberty. Do they tell you about things like the language instinct or language areas in the brain?
None of my classes really talked about the areas of the brain (I guess that's neurolinguistics), but the whole instinct thing is a huge part of language acquisition studies.
*"ARE fascinating," not "is." Oops.
I actually think either is grammatically correct... Buuut you're the linguist. ^^
Nah, only my correction is correct. It's not a linguistics thing, it's a standard-English-grammar thing, ahahaha.
Hello and welcome to DA !

What do you usually drawn and what are your hobbies ?
Mines are comics, videogames, and drawing of course !.

I hope you enjoy the community, I'm looking foward to see your work !
Heh, I'm a university student on my way to grad school, so my hobbies are mostly essay-writing, reading and studying.
I usually draw my characters, everyone from an elf girl I imagined when I was twelve to the Druid I'm playing in Pathfinder right now.
When I can find time to be, I'm a huge nerd. I have played D&D 3.5, 4.0 and Pathfinder campaigns as well as NWoD's Vampire, Mage, and Changeling. I am also still kind of an anime fan, though I'm not into the mainstream stuff, the only series I'm following right now is Shinsekai Yori.
Thanks!