Closed to new replies
November 20, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 21

Hello, new here and i love this site!

:iconzero587:
Zero587 Featured By Owner Nov 20, 2012
Well, i have herd of it before but never really got around to getting a great look at it. Very nice looking site! [link]

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconphoenixleo:
phoenixleo Featured By Owner Nov 20, 2012
Welcome to deviantART! :la:
:iconnamenotrequired:
namenotrequired Featured By Owner Nov 20, 2012  Student Interface Designer
Hiya, welcome! :hug:
*Hugs back*

;)
:iconnickelparklavigne:
NickelParkLavigne Featured By Owner Nov 20, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Welcome! This is a very nice website, so I hope you enjoy it :) Feel free to upload any art you may have created in regards of your interests.
:iconben3418:
Ben3418 Featured By Owner Nov 20, 2012
welcome to deviant art
:iconheavenhairsixes:
HeavenhairSixes Featured By Owner Nov 20, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
I'm a huge fan of Clint Mansell. And love making my own (poopy) music. Welcome to the site!

My friends are avid cyclists but I just complain that my knees hurt...
Ah, are you? People like Mansell i think are such a musical genius. It may be hard to a moderete level making your own music with a synthesizer. But after a while you sort of get used to it depending on what you want to make. Me, im no musical genius. The only thing ive ever played was a violin, and that was when i was a kid in the 90's.
But after trying so many instruments out, i found one that i am really good at even though i dont know too much about notes at all or the synthesizer. I just make what sounds great and try to mimic a composer like Jesper Kyd's work. It certainly kills a lot of time i tell ya, but thats what is so terrific about doing it. I couldnt spend countless hours in front of my synthesizer trying to mix and match something original and unique.
:iconheavenhairsixes:
HeavenhairSixes Featured By Owner Nov 20, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Well for a start I hope we are talking about the same Clint Mansell - the one I like is from my home town and used to be in Pop Will Eat Itself. I grew up with their music and went to a lot of their early gigs. I have heard it said that familiarity breeds contempt and after some of that early stuff it is sometimes a little hard to think of him as a genius! But it is amazing the way he has progressed and he really deserves everything he has achieved - and more if the world had any sense.

I have studied sound production and I can play a few instruments badly. But I don't think music is my calling in life. I know too many people who are better at it than I am!

I mostly use virtual synthesizers in Cubase or other sequencers - but I have accumulated a fair amount of MIDI equipment, and I know what you are saying about it killing time!
:icon3wyl:
3wyl Featured By Owner Nov 20, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
Welcome to deviantART! If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask! :)

What are some of your hobbies and interests? :la:
Well, im currently studying photography in which i have a huge amount of interest in over the past year. As far as the arts continue to go, i also took up creating some music via a synthesizer i got a few months back. I love using it after i listened to some of my aspiring composers like Jesper Kyd, Hans Zimmer, Clint Mansel, etc. the list goes on.
As for hobbies, lets just say im also a advid cyclist in that as well. Something i also truly enjoy as my personal hobby. :D
Add a Comment: