Closed to new replies
November 18, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 54

Returning Deviant!

:iconscribblebees:
ScribbleBees Featured By Owner Nov 18, 2012  Hobbyist Artist
Hello, everyone! I had an account on here for almost seven years, but it ended up just languishing, so I deleted it... but I recently found time for drawing again (between all of my university work aughhh), so I was motivated to join up again. I guess I just feel like talking to some people to get myself started on here again. How's everyone doing?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconsplendidsloth:
splendidsloth Featured By Owner Nov 23, 2012  Student Digital Artist
Hey, welcome! (I suppose?)
I also deleted my past account that I created start of this year. I actually don't even know why I stopped. :/ But I decided to join DA again because, i feel, I makes me practise more than I would without it c:
so, What's up?
ScribbleBees Featured By Owner Nov 23, 2012  Hobbyist Artist
Nothing much is up... I just got home from my classes. I have homework to do, but I really don't feel like doing anything...
:iconsplendidsloth:
splendidsloth Featured By Owner Nov 23, 2012  Student Digital Artist
Hahaha. I don't think I know anyone who is excited to do home work ಥ‿ಥ
Good luck, anyway!
:iconazn-expo-marker:
Azn-Expo-Marker Featured By Owner Nov 19, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
:'D Welcome~! Glad to see that you're back into art & dA. I'm doing well, and you?
ScribbleBees Featured By Owner Nov 19, 2012  Hobbyist Artist
Hello! It's nice to be back :) I'm doing alright... currently doing some reading for my Korean class. I just got home from a long day full of lectures and all, and now I'm doing more work uuuuu.
Azn-Expo-Marker Featured By Owner Nov 19, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Oooh Korean, sounds fun. :') But lectures... do not. What is uuuuu? o_o
Oh, I love Korean. It's such a lovely language, I think. Lectures, as you said, aren't quite so nice.

Ah, about the "uuuuuu," it's something from my speech and my IMs with my friends that I guess leaked into my comment, ahaha. It's just this sound I tend to make when complaining about things.
Azn-Expo-Marker Featured By Owner Nov 20, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Hahaha! Well, that makes much more sense. :')
ScribbleBees Featured By Owner Nov 20, 2012  Hobbyist Artist
Yeah, sorry about that, ahaha! I guess my comment editing brain wasn't running properly :B
:icon3wyl:
3wyl Featured By Owner Nov 19, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
What do you do at University? :la:
I'm currently majoring in East Asian studies with a minor in linguistics, and a second minor in East Asian language (Korean). I realize that my major is next to useless, but it's just so interesting, I just went for it... after I graduate, I plan on teaching English for a while in Korea, so hopefully that works out!
3wyl Featured By Owner Nov 20, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Ah, that's pretty awesome. :O

Really? Hmm.. it sounds interesting for sure!

And that's really not too bad! You looking forward to teaching?
ScribbleBees Featured By Owner Nov 20, 2012  Hobbyist Artist
I do look forward to it :D I did a class over the summer for a certification, and I find that making lesson plans is even creative in its own way. It was a bit tedious at times, as I had to follow the general structure suggested by my course, but with a bit more freedom to plan as I want, I think even that could be fun, as well as actually teaching and then getting to experience a culture I've only ever read about in my off time. It'll be a big change, but I feel ready!
3wyl Featured By Owner Nov 21, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Ooh, that's pretty awesome!

That's a fair point. :nod:

I can understand where you are coming from. :hmm:

I suppose it's not too bad. :O

How does ready feel like? :la:

What else are you looking forward to it all?
ScribbleBees Featured By Owner Nov 21, 2012  Hobbyist Artist
Ready feels like I just want to be done with university, ahahaha. But in the shorter term, I'm looking forward to one of my friends who I haven't seen since April coming to visit me next month :D
3wyl Featured By Owner Nov 21, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Ah, that's fair enough. :nod:

Really? :O

Woah.. so that'll be good, no? Got any plans? :la:
ScribbleBees Featured By Owner Nov 21, 2012  Hobbyist Artist
It'll be so awesome :D Super-excited because he's pretty much my best friend ever. So far, all we have planned is a trip (or two) to DC, and we might spend two or three days in NYC before I go back to school and he flies back home.
(1 Reply)
:iconmrthesaurus:
MrThesaurus Featured By Owner Nov 18, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Welcome back!
I'm doing great, working on getting some samples gathered up so I can start commissioning fellow DA members. Hard work. xD
How are you?
Hey! I've never commissioned anyone before, myself... sometimes, I just really wish I had the money to do so, because there are some absolutely amazing people on here (and on other sites, as well!).

I'm alright lately... it's getting down to crush time with project deadlines and final exams approaching, and yet I find myself spending more and more time procrastinating lately, ahaha. I guess everything will get done eventually...
Oh I know how you feel, I procrastinate like no other. =_='
I haven't commissioned anyone either, not with anything worth real money at least. I bought art from people on a website with virtual "Gold". That was about as far as I got. xD
I would love to buy art from others too, I love seeing my own original characters in other people's styles and such.
Ah, same here! I'll have to see if one of my friends would be interested in a trade sometime in the near future...
I just recently asked one of my DA friends if she would like to do an art trade with me and of course she had to be backed up with weeks of work she had to do. D:
Ahh, that's a shame. Well, maybe sometime later, yeah?
Yeah, and I can't wait for it to happen! I've never done an art trade before.
Oh, I love doing trades, especially when I'm in a slump and can't think of anything else to draw. When someone gives you something to draw, you don't have to do the hard work of thinking up a full idea, yeah? Ahaha. I guess it's sort of lazy, but it works.
(1 Reply)
Add a Comment: