Relatively new and this is my very first time on forums..

Eum, hello everyone, I am Kosame. English isn't my first language so I apologize if it is rubbish. I am not that new - I've been a deviantArt member for one month now (although I am still marked as a "New Deviant"?). I have been on other art sites and on Tumblr and finally mustered the courage to try on DA. I've difficulty making new friends...mind you I am sort of shy. It is nice to meet everyone.

What are your favourite media?
How long have you been on DA?
Do you have an artist confession?
Comments51
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Welcome to DA! It is nice to meet you!

I am kinda in the same position as you being shy and all, but that is because I am not good starting a conversation. ^^;

I do not have any real favorite media. There is a lot that impresses me I guess.
I have been on DA for almost 2 months now. Why it took me a year to get an account, I will never know. :shrug:
For as long as I can remember, I was never good with painting. It is like drawing, but with a brush. :O
It is so nice to meet you! I would also like to welcome to DA. Eum and I suppose it can be scary to put your works out into a public place where it can be compared, critiqued or even ignored. I actually prefer to paint over drawing...I suppose it is because I am so clumsy and my lines come out poorly.
I agree on that completely, :nod: you never know what someone is going to say. However, just because your art is ignored doesn't mean it is bad or uninteresting, but hard to come across, which is fine. I mean, I can't favorite and/or post a comment on every picture I like, I have other things to be doing. :shrug:

I think I was never good at painting was because I had so many issues with the water color paints mixing with each other (or any kind of paint for that matter). :writersblock: A mechanical pencil is so much more precise in my experience. :P
I think that for myself at least one hopes to convey some sort of message with their work, so if others do not view it then the message seems to fall on "deaf ears". Further I suppose constructive criticism is something that is usually desired. Eum but I agree, one must put his work out there and try to network as best they can.

There are many ways to prevent colours from bleeding into one another. You can try wet on dry techniques or masking fluid.
I can definitely see where you are coming from. Whether it is about someone's own opinion on something to just expressing who they are through their artistic style, a lot of people either want to know how to get better or make a positive impact on something.

:O I wish I knew that about paints sooner...
Eum, unfortunately I only know about watercolours (I haven't experimented in other paints) but I hope it helps.
It does, thank you! :D
Welcome to DA Kosame! ^^
Please feel free to contact me if you need anything, be it Artistic questions or site related ones! I'm here for help and support :)

1- umm this is kinda hard, I mean I admire Digital, but Traditional remains my real love.
2- I have been here since late 2008, but only became active like in 2011.
3- I wish I was able to do stuff like :iconpatrickbrown:
Hello Mkemaster, it is so nice to meet you! Thank-you so much for the greeting and I will be sure to keep you in mind should anything come up. OAO Patrick Brown is so professional, though I am certain that if you keep up your pace you will eventually reach that standard.
Hello there ! nice to meet you.

1. My favorite media is digital, mostly use photoshop
2. I have been in dA for 2 years, my old account was made on 2010 but it's deactivated now..
3. Artist confession...well, I wish I will able to reach the same level skill as *heise 's and *MarioWibisono's
Nice to meet you too! I did not hear of these artists before---but both are amazing and I can see their influence on their style. Keep studying and practicing and you will reach that skill level and even surpass it.
To fix that 'New Artist' label, just edit your ID thing to where it shows what you are. Like mine is Hobbyist, I think?
---
My favorite media is digital, I work in Photoshop.
I have been on DeviantArt for a little over a year.
I get majorly jealous of other artists, and it causes me to change my style often to where I can try to be similar to them. Though I fail, aha.
Oh? I feel a bit foolish now. Thank-you for telling me about ID tags. I tend to adopt styles too and as a result my works can look inconsistent (I like things to "fit" together so this is actually distressing). Eum, from what most have said, it is best to learn how to draw from life and then manipulate features to make your own style.

I don't think you fail, you've started rather young and have a lot of time to improve and figure out your style.
Oh, don't! We all make mistakes here and there.
Thank you very much ^^
You got your icon request from :iconmiawshloubedadish:! She was so happy when she told me about how you wanted to commission her.
Yes, I did n.n She is such a sweetie! I'm so glad I could make her as happy as I did, and I love her icons!
She really is. uvu
; u ;
So, I've browsed your gallery, it's very nice c:
View all replies
sup welcome to da
my fav median is artisan work like leather working woodworking (has seperate catagory metalworking ect but because of how expensive that stuff can be i can't do it often.
I"ve been on DA for a month i think not very long myself
Im not 100% sure what you mean by an art confession and seeing what others put doesn't really help me cause i tend not to get jealous of others talents but I do admire others talents
Thank-you so much for the greeting!

Artisan crafts men aren't really that common on DA, at least I am judging from what I've seen so far. I would imagine the cost and required skill drives a lot of people away. It is amazing that you can work with these materials. Eum and artist confession is any confession you have related to the arts. For example, psychological/physical hindrances, fears, things you love about art, things about your art that you are proud of, art forms that you've always wanted to try but haven't gotten the chance to etc.
I have actually found that there are many guys who do artisan crafts but most are in sections like armor making and stuff like that which I find interesting but don't really know how to do stuff like that yet nor do I have the money lol

i guess my art confession is that i actually wasn't really interested in creating art until i started carving which I learned on my own using books and the internet. I didn't start taking art class at my school till freshmen year and I'm a junior this year and its something I really enjoy.

p.s. with my first post the "has separate catagory" should be in () and is relating to woodworking
I would imagine that materials for armor making can get rather costly, but woodworking and crafting can be amazing in their own right. Where I live we don't teach woodworking in school and art is really not encouraged. It it admirable that you took the initiative to learn on your own.
Hello there, welcome to the forums! Hope you're enjoying your time on dA (:
My favourite media... I use digital a lot because it's convenient, but I also love charcoal, watercolour, chalk pastel, I like the look of oil but I don't have any experience with it, and then of course good old paper and pencil. I've been on dA for four years! But I didn't use it much for the first two. My confessions is that... sometimes I get really impatient with my skill level haha, I always want to be better than I am. :P
Hello and thank-you so much for the kind welcome. Eum, I would have to say that I am enjoying my experience overall. I use digital myself for similar reasons though I would love to try oil painting. Oil painting must be sort of experience having to wait for the layers to dry so you've time to contemplate between each step. Yes, I admit that I get really impatient with my skill level too (and get really upset about it -- h-ha sometimes to the point of crying; )! Your gallery is really varied and you show some good skill, so please keep up with art.