Shop Mobile More Submit  Join Login

Details

Closed to new replies
November 17, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 50

Relatively new and this is my very first time on forums..

:iconkosame-ne:
kosame-ne Featured By Owner Nov 17, 2012
Eum, hello everyone, I am Kosame. English isn't my first language so I apologize if it is rubbish. I am not that new - I've been a deviantArt member for one month now (although I am still marked as a "New Deviant"?). I have been on other art sites and on Tumblr and finally mustered the courage to try on DA. I've difficulty making new friends...mind you I am sort of shy. It is nice to meet everyone.

What are your favourite media?
How long have you been on DA?
Do you have an artist confession?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconpillowsledder:
pillowsledder Featured By Owner Dec 4, 2012  Student General Artist
Welcome to DA! It is nice to meet you!

I am kinda in the same position as you being shy and all, but that is because I am not good starting a conversation. ^^;

I do not have any real favorite media. There is a lot that impresses me I guess.
I have been on DA for almost 2 months now. Why it took me a year to get an account, I will never know. :shrug:
For as long as I can remember, I was never good with painting. It is like drawing, but with a brush. :O
kosame-ne Featured By Owner Dec 27, 2012
It is so nice to meet you! I would also like to welcome to DA. Eum and I suppose it can be scary to put your works out into a public place where it can be compared, critiqued or even ignored. I actually prefer to paint over drawing...I suppose it is because I am so clumsy and my lines come out poorly.
pillowsledder Featured By Owner Dec 27, 2012  Student General Artist
I agree on that completely, :nod: you never know what someone is going to say. However, just because your art is ignored doesn't mean it is bad or uninteresting, but hard to come across, which is fine. I mean, I can't favorite and/or post a comment on every picture I like, I have other things to be doing. :shrug:

I think I was never good at painting was because I had so many issues with the water color paints mixing with each other (or any kind of paint for that matter). :writersblock: A mechanical pencil is so much more precise in my experience. :P
kosame-ne Featured By Owner Dec 30, 2012
I think that for myself at least one hopes to convey some sort of message with their work, so if others do not view it then the message seems to fall on "deaf ears". Further I suppose constructive criticism is something that is usually desired. Eum but I agree, one must put his work out there and try to network as best they can.

There are many ways to prevent colours from bleeding into one another. You can try wet on dry techniques or masking fluid.
pillowsledder Featured By Owner Dec 31, 2012  Student General Artist
I can definitely see where you are coming from. Whether it is about someone's own opinion on something to just expressing who they are through their artistic style, a lot of people either want to know how to get better or make a positive impact on something.

:O I wish I knew that about paints sooner...
kosame-ne Featured By Owner Jan 3, 2013
Eum, unfortunately I only know about watercolours (I haven't experimented in other paints) but I hope it helps.
pillowsledder Featured By Owner Jan 5, 2013  Student General Artist
It does, thank you! :D
:iconmkemaster:
Mkemaster Featured By Owner Nov 22, 2012  Professional Digital Artist
Welcome to DA Kosame! ^^
Please feel free to contact me if you need anything, be it Artistic questions or site related ones! I'm here for help and support :)

1- umm this is kinda hard, I mean I admire Digital, but Traditional remains my real love.
2- I have been here since late 2008, but only became active like in 2011.
3- I wish I was able to do stuff like :iconpatrickbrown:
kosame-ne Featured By Owner Nov 22, 2012
Hello Mkemaster, it is so nice to meet you! Thank-you so much for the greeting and I will be sure to keep you in mind should anything come up. OAO Patrick Brown is so professional, though I am certain that if you keep up your pace you will eventually reach that standard.
:iconyinghuo:
yinghuo Featured By Owner Nov 18, 2012  Student Digital Artist
Hello there ! nice to meet you.

1. My favorite media is digital, mostly use photoshop
2. I have been in dA for 2 years, my old account was made on 2010 but it's deactivated now..
3. Artist confession...well, I wish I will able to reach the same level skill as *heise 's and *MarioWibisono's
Add a Comment: