Hello!! Old user new account

Hi everyone!! I joined last night, this is a new account. I think my old one was like...5 years old?? and i used it on and off, but I just uploaded art I never really got INVOLVED in dA so
Hi!! You can call me Ash!! ' v'
Comments37
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Hello! I'm in the same boat as you... I had an account for seven years or so, and I ended up deactivating it and making a new one a few weeks later. It's nice to be back :D Hopefully we can both be more active this time around.
WOW I'M REALLY BAD AT THIS HHHH
I say I'm going to be on here more/ draw more art and i log in like a month later woOPS

wow seven years is a really long time but sometimes you just need to let it go because of how much you've grown during those years!!
but!! hi I'm Ash!!
anD EVENTUALLY MAYBE ILL DO WORK gosh
& yes I hope we can both be more active bc I for sure need it
Good luck with being more active, then! :D
Hi! I want to check out your art.
Ahhh thank you!! I don't have that much up right now [ I joined like a day ago ] so
I mean this doodle dump [ [link] ] is a pretty good scope of what I do, doodles/finished drawings/stuff on mspaint etc. And everything that's in my gallery right now is from the past few months so it's all new-ish. 'v '
Welcome back! :D Do you have any specific goals when it comes to art?
ahhh wow i really want to get into a good art school but i have a lot of aspirations?? Like dream jobs include storyboard artist/doing animation/creating a show/helping with an animated movie/ doing comics like it's really varied right now?? so like dream job would be something to do with animation in some way IF THAT'S .. WHAT YOU WERE ASKING...
if you're asking what I want to get better at I'd think anatomy and just a lot of basic stuff
and also finishing projects/drawings because I like to start things but don't often finish them and that's never a good habit. u__u

how about yourself???
Ah yiss some fine aspirations! A lot of the time I'm not entirely sure what my goals are art-wise, I mean I know specific things I want to improve but as for what I'll be doing with those skills, it's a mystery... Basically I'm trying to get my skills and confidence up enough so that I feel like I could take on an art-related job. Recently as kind of a medium-ish-term goal I've been thinking about webcomics. I'm lacking the drawing skill, currently, but I'm thinking maybe by time I have all the characters and story solidified I'll be good to go.
Guh anatomy, If I were good at anatomy I feel like I could draw anything /sigh. I need to work on the finishing drawings/projects thing, too. You can never get anywhere if you don't finish stuff D:
Ahhh you know but not knowing exactly what you want just means exploring more!! [advice i need to take myself,]

Yeah, even if you don't think you're confident enough in your skills to take on an art related job right now, while you practice you should act like you do!! Fake it till you make it haha.
honestly it does help me get out of art slumps if i just pretend like i'm the artist i want to become in the longrun?? because I don't feel confident about becoming what I want to be, but I know as long as I practice I will, if that makes sense? we're all still learning but just thinking differently can really help, at least it does with me. I HOPE I'M WRITING WHAT I WANT TO SAY CORRECTLY .. .

& Omg webcomics i
have the same problem
except i keep trying to start my stories then i think ' oh gosh i wont do what i want to write justice ' but i know that's such a bad mindset and wow another thing i need to work on!! at least i know ill be keeping myself busy haha. uv u
How true... I must continue to explore!

That's some good advice. I actually impress myself sometimes when I pretend I know what I'm doing. Haha. It's too easy to feel like you have absolutely no skill whatsoever D; so it's a good exercise...

Haha I'm always worried about doing things "justice" but if you think too hard about it, you'll probably end up never actually doing it because you could always do it more justice. :P I've just been.. "writing" my stories by thinking about a certain character or setting or theme or whatever and just letting it sit in my head and wait for a good idea to appear, then it sort of writes itself.. which I wouldn't normally do, but since I'm in no rush to finish the story it seems to work quite well. Usually I'm so overwhelmed by options I can't even pick a direction to go in :')
yeah, it is really easy to feel like that. And when I think that way, it doesn't get any work done then I feel worse!! u _u

ahhh you know writing is just so fun because you can make anything in the world happen
and then when you think about it for too long you realize
'oh God i can make anything in the world happen what do i do'
and that's when it becomes overwhelming heheh
like right now i'm [supposed to be] doing NovemberWritingMonth and the only direction I really know is the ending and I'm trying to work toward that but
other than that the middle is a really thick maze to get out of and you dont really know what to do with it!! but yeah, not really thinking about it/ stressing over it helps a lot depending on what you're doing [ except my story is supposed to be done by the end of November so I'm probably going to work like the last 5 days to get 30,000 more words out hehehe]
Exactly, haha. You have to make some boundaries for yourself! Sometimes I try to think less about what I could "make happen" and more about what events the characters need to face to bring out their personalities. And then once I'd decided that I'm like, "I'm not "making" this happen, it happened and I'm merely telling the story." :P
Ah, you're doing Nowrimo? I would've done that but it would just be another form of procrastination for me (or maybe it would work backwards- I'd procrastinate on doing the procrastinating activity and thus end up not procrastinating on what I was supposed to be doing in the first place) ahah. I might try it next year. Have you done it before? Hope your story's going well! That's good you've got the ending down, since it can be really hard to end a story when you haven't thought about it x) Ah agreed, the middle is the tricky part! You know where you have to get to, but you don't know how.
View all replies
Hello ash! :la: Lol wb to DA!
Thank you!! It feels nice to join again! 'v'
Yus! So what do you do art wise? Digital traditional?
Uhhh well I mostly work with digital nowadays, but I'm trying to get back into traditional [it's been a year or two since I've done a big picture with colored pencils or pens]. But yeah, everything in my gallery is digital, it's been too long to upload my traditional stuff.. Y__Y;;
Haha! I know what you mean. I have an odd relationship with them both. I find traditional easier to do, yet Digital you can get so many effects and textures quicker. I find digital so addictive XD My tablet is like my baby
YEAH!! same with me.
My tablet is my baby too, I own a wacom intuos 4 and i just love it so much i don't know how i could ever live without it ... Y__Y i accidentally scratched it once and i cried they arent even noticeable but i still feel like i should be mourning
I got bamboo xD It's fairly wrecked, the wire is exposed so I put tape over it XD

My first tablet died not so long ago ;A; I felt like a bit of me died with it -sob-

Naww ;u;
I had an intuos and my cat decided it would work better soaking overnight in a glass of water.. so now I use a stupid Bamboo :< Saving for a Cintiq though :D
View all replies
Welcome to the forums! What are some of your interests? :)
Thank you!! ahhh art wise I love to draw my characters/ other people's characters. I also really love to make up stories whether or not I write them down and at some point I'd like to make comics but I've been busy and then when I'm not busy I've been in an art-slump!! So I also made this account to see if I could kick myself out of an art slump happening every other week haha.
Outside of creative junk I just love talking to people and making my friends happy!! I also end up watching a lot of shows/movies too, so I'm always looking for good shows to watch uvu
That was a lot of typing!! But how about yourself?? 'v '
That's pretty awesome. :O

What have you been busy with?

Ooh, what kind of movies? :D

I am sort of the same with movies. I like music and reading as well. :nod:
Thank you!!! Well, this semester I have the lovely job of picking up and dropping off family members along with my other job keeps me busy!!

Ahhh I love all kinds of movies? Like I don't like one type in particular, but I find myself watching animated/kids movies a lot??? but I don't think I have a genre of movie that I watch more than others. Same thing with music I can't just pick one particular thing I like to listen to!! ' v'
Yourself??