Closed to new replies
November 10, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 46

A photographer is born

:iconmonotone2k:
monotone2k Featured By Owner Nov 10, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
First of all, hey everyone. Thanks for taking the time to read this.

So I'm not a new deviant as such - I've had my account for years but only recently submitted any art. I've just begun learning photography (for a second time - I learnt back in school but have since forgetten) and have already taken some images that I'm proud of and want others to enjoy.

I'm using a DSLR that was bought for us as a wedding gift, along with a couple of lenses and accessories I purchased since. My favourite is a prime 50mm f/1.8 lens - you'll probably notice it used a lot in the photos I'll submit! :P

I hope that some of you find my images pleasing, and I'd greatly appreciate any comments or advice you'd like to give (please do this on the actual image rather than here so that I know which image you're discussing).

Also, if any new or experienced photographers want to get in touch, feel free! We can always use more inspiration and ideas, right?

Jamie (monotone2k)

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconcompoboots:
compoboots Featured By Owner Nov 17, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
I will defintly put some up today xD
I have a tripod,but it's a 2 one from the Euro shop xD It's not great.
monotone2k Featured By Owner Nov 17, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
It's still better than nothing! You should try longer exposures now that you're not relying on handheld :)
compoboots Featured By Owner Nov 18, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
Defiantly, I will :P It's been awfully cloudy recently, and drizzly, so haven't been taking many photos xD
monotone2k Featured By Owner Nov 18, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
Cloud and rain are no excuse! Wait til I finish eating and I'll post today's photos :)
compoboots Featured By Owner Nov 29, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
Lmao, okay xD I took some pictures this morning, I like it, but My landscapes just always seem to come out fuzzy, even when I use a tripos,I have no idea why :( Class!
monotone2k Featured By Owner Nov 29, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
Do you use auto-focus or manual? If they're fuzzy, it's probably your focus being slightly off. :)
compoboots Featured By Owner Nov 29, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
Auto focus,My camera doesn't do Manual :( I was hoping to get a new one, but I gave up, my parents got me a horse :O So I'll upgrade when I get everything I possibly can.

It's my most recent photo :)
monotone2k Featured By Owner Nov 29, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
I saw the photo already :) It's a good shot, shame about the focus issues.

Do you know how to focus and re-frame shots?
(1 Reply)
:iconastrikos:
Astrikos Featured By Owner Nov 11, 2012   General Artist
Nice! How are you? what do you like to photograph?
monotone2k Featured By Owner Nov 11, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
Hey :) I'm great - how are you?

I haven't decided yet what I like to shoot. Feel free to take a look through my gallery - it's a bit of a mixed bag so far :P
Add a Comment: