looking for a prom date

and by that I mean some artist friends to talk to, help each other with drawing and maybe share critiques with!

i'm not at all new to deviantArt, but deactivated my previous accounts because i actually planned on not visiting the site anymore - but i'd like to try a fresh start and see how that goes.

anyway, hi there!
Comments42
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
What are some of your interests? :la:
oh boy, UHM

i like discussing art and art theory, i like reading about neuroscience and science in general, i enjoy watc/horror/etc movies, i love reading and reading about webcomics, i'm currently doing some world building for a story i might write and that's about it really, i am exceptionally boring
Ooh, interesting!

Why neuroscience?

What do you like to read, other than webcomics?
i found psychology to be interesting, but mostly lacking in its explanations

classic psychology does talk about hormonal imbalances and the like but barely scratches the surface in terms of biochemistry

reading most psychology books felt like reading a catalogue of strange behaviours that remained largely unexplained

neuroscience on the other hand, despite being a recent field of study, can not only point toward physical traits (neuroanatomy) that are anomalous in psychologically disordered patients, but also sheds a really interesting light on everyday human behaviour

it's just really fascinating, like you can find out how to alter your mental state via simple changes in your diet!

i'm currently reading that dorian gray story by oscar wilde and i'm sorry i called it that but i dont know the english title u_u
i like reading pretty much everything nonfiction, character studies, thrillers and well pretty much everything, there are good books in every genre
Ah.. why lacking in explanations?

Yeah, I can understand that. I guess there are quite a few branches to go into.. so it can be difficult. :hmm:

That's quite interesting, though. I guess neuroscience focuses more upon the scientific aspect.

Sounds great, though. :D

Nah, it's alright. :D

I know what you mean. :)

True, true! :D
lacking in explanations as in um
well, if you look up any sort of mental disorder, you'll get a list of symptoms and a list of possibilities on how a person might have acquired said disorder

typically it's just things like "familial issues, cultural expectations, stress" etc. etc., but neuroscience gives you an overlook on the genetical, neuronal and hormonal makeup of a person who suffers from said illness

also it offers a more biological explanation, say, a certain mental illness is caused by failure to correctly process a certain kind of hormone

it's, uh, another level of scientific abstraction that goes deeper than psychology, it shows you how mechanical issues in your body cause mental issues and you feel much more "connected" to the people who suffer from (other) mental disorders (than you do) because it shows how vulnerable the biological system is to simple failures in, say, metabolism
Yes, I get what you mean. :nod:

I suppose there is that.. but psychology is typically generalised, no? It's difficult to generalise it to everyone.

But yeah, that makes sense. :)

It can be pretty fascinating. :D
Well hello there! My name is Nicole and I lurk around DA entirely too much :D
haha, don't worry, i think everyone has that one website they spent entirely too much time on! i'm alex, nice to meet you!
Nice to meet you too! Yeah way to much time...should be working on my pictures lol.
it's ok to spend time here, but your pictures should always have priority! unless you're suffering from an art block, where you need lots of inspiration
Nope no art block, actually have about 20sketchesyou to flesh out.
get on it! i bet you'll be very happy and content once you work on them :3c i know i'd be happy if any of my sketches were any good for fleshing out, alas that is not the case
~~I work on it a bit at a time, but will try to finish at least one a day....maybe...I do like to lurk :D
View all replies
I'll be your new bestie! :squee: :nuu:
haha, hey! if you're going to be my bestie, i'll need your name first!
TOSHI, and I'd love to be your friend! :glomp:
i'm alex! do you enjoy any hobbies other than art?
As a matter of fact, yes. I like to swim, write, and watch anime. You?
not much anymore, since i study design most of what i do is somehow art-related. i write a bit, work out daily, read books and watch movies.

i don't watch anime at anymore, but i used to! what's your favourite?
my favorite is Blue Exorcist and Reborn! Loved those shows and wish they'd make more. So what kind of design do you study?
View all replies
They have changed the definition of prom date since I was in school.
that's because no one on the internet gets dates anymore, they dropped the old definition to accomodate contemporary youth culture
But they still have proms, don't they?