Dragon Holidays Section

i was thinking of a dragon holidays section in the submit section.because i got like a document of it but the deviants could draw something for that dragon holiday.
Comments411
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Nice one to whoever bumped this.

Thread closed.
what about zombie holidays?! has everyone forgotten them?! :zombie:
at least they're real. :p
Hasn't this thread kinda outlived it's purpose? :o
Most weird thread I've ever seen :O Entertaining indeed!=)
I'm really not sure that Dragons exist, but it's a curious coincidence that both Medieval Europe, and the Chinese believed in them even before the Europeans arrived there. In Central America they worshiped too a somekind of Big Bird God "Quetzacolt" (not sure if it's well written). So they might have existed, a document that proved that would be cool! :D
Quetzacoutl

I THINK.
I would personally like to know why the person who created this forum was banned. I see the admin who banned him, but I do not see anything that supports DragonFan being banned.

I personally do not believe in dragons, however cool they are, but everyone has a right to their own opinion. If he was banned for expressing his opinion without being violent or rude about it, then that defeats the whole definition of what this website is based on: freedom of creativity to express one's own beliefs.

Also, =a-neon-devil-breath is correct. One cannot suggest medical help or therapy without a medical permit.

Jet Foxx
I believe he was banned not for this thread, but for one in the Complaints Forum where he just straight up berated everyone who replied to him. I could be wrong, though.
i love dragons! -^^-
i love dragons! -^^-
Oh my, time to lay off the pipe dude.

No such thing as dragons for all kinds of reasons, anyone who thinks otherwise is ignorant or delusional.
I would love for someone to prove that Dragons were never real, with documented proof of course.

Looking forward to this proof,

Thy

P.S. Santa is real too, I saw him at the mall a few times. :p
There is a certain amount we can prove through the fossil record. If dragons had any decent sized population, and were known from more than one or two obscure places where fossilisation did not occur, or occured very sparsely, then we should have some form of record, whether it be full skeletons or disarticulated bones.
Agreed. Thank you for being intelligent in your suggestion of this and not just saying 'get a grip'. lol I admit that the odds that Dragons were real is very slim, but like I said, I trust the history of my own religion and I would not disbelieve it for anything. Hence faith comes into this again. I can plainly see most on here are either very young thinkers or at least completely non religious or half believers, which is fine, but no excuse to insult as a comeback instead of mature informed reply. Grow up, don't get personal, and be completely impartial and logical while at the same time using what you believe is correct to form a reply. The biggest mistake a person can make in a discussion is taking it too personal, which I don't, cause in a way, showing a personal side in a discussion makes it seem you care in some form to change the mind or at least upset the person on the other side in some way. I learned long ago the best way to talk about something is to view the discussion as if you are outside it and say, "How does this chat make each party look?" Like in this case, I seem over the top to most and that other person just turned into 'Mr. Insult' and had no contructive words to speak of.

Best to all again,

Thy

P.S. The "Prove they aren't real." thing was me being sarcastic and I did not actually want proof. geeeez... lol
You came out with a trite reply and got the same back, cry elsewhere, baby. You didn't deserve a constructive reply to such a stupid statement. When you ask an intelligent question, then I'd be more encouraged to have some respect for you and give you an intelligent answer.

It was an obviously meant to be childish and antagonistic, so don't try to come out with a load of pish about lofty ideals AFTER you mouth off. Put the thought and effort into the first reply and it would go much better. Especially a statement like that that is said so often by the dim and confused. It's like walking into a room and shouting "kill all the black people" and then being surprised that no one would take the time to give you a well thought out and kind answer.

And dragons are not real, even if you do believe in mumbo jumbo and the burden of proof is on the tree-huggers. ;p

Have a super day.
I like your up-front ways and I apologize for being sarcastic. I used to be a very horrible person in my youth and that's why I'm trying to adopt better ways in my now third decade of life. (Religion is helping a great deal.) However, my past attitudes of days long past sometimes get the better of me to this day. I will be more careful in the future to be polite.

As for Dragons, believing is seeing for me. Nothing wrong with that way of thinking and it is not ignorant to be like that... there is nothing more noble than a dreamer who won't give in to the mundane world around him/her. IMHO

After all, if I needed to see or have proof of something before I believed in it, my belief in God would be null and void. I'd rather die than have that happen.

Best,

Thy
Can you prove that I am not God or that I don't have an army of invisible pixies? The point of proof is to prove YOUR ludicrous claim, not for everyone to waste their time DISproving every idiot's fantasy. When you have something resembling proof, show it off. It's the same reason you don't need to prove you are NOT guilty of every crime that happens. Now get a grip.
I mostly lurk here but had to jump in on this one as I am completely obsessed with Dragons to the point of perversion. For me the fact that Dragons are real or not now is not as important as the more relevant fact that they used to be. If you want documented proof of this read about them is 20 or so major religions including Christianity. Though most of them see Dragons as evil sadly, some don't. Either way, it seems to me that if a major religion that 80-90% or so of the civilized world follows for the most part, such as Christianity, speaks of creatures such as Dragons, even naming that creature and decscribing it as well, then there is certainly cause for at least accepting the FACT that they at least USED to be real... c'mon now...

Maybe I find it easy to believe cause I'm a Christian, one of the few with enough faith and fear in me to actually follow the rules and believe fully, and to TRUST the history, so I can understand how many out there who are not religious can doubt the amazing and/or far-fetched ideas of ages past. It all comes down to faith I suppose. I'm sure a thousand years from now after we have all killed ourselves off with a nuke or bio weapon of some kind and there's nothing but low-tech Road Warrior world around, people then will find it impossible to believe we used to be able to build machines the size of a human cell or computers smarter than people. It's all based on perception or your point of view. In other words, based on the limits of what you know already or are capable of grasping.

As for the original point of a Dragon Holiday section, I don't think that makes much sense cause all the Dragons are dead. :(

Anyways, those are my thoughts on this. Sorry if I offended anyone, just being open. I may be many things, but I am not and will never be anyone but me.

Best to all,

Thy
How can he be a bipedal AND a quad. That's the real problem here.
This is mythologically speciesist man... I mean,... Unicorns have rights too!
If they get Draconian holidays then there needs to be an Ogre History Month :p
We can always have Draconian holidays. That'd be fun.
Best Thread Ever.

As for the douche up there somewhere who said chinese new year focuses around the dragon: BABONG, you freaking idiot, no it doesnt. It focuses on 12 different animals. Pwned.
lol yes, you clever woman. :D