people shouldn't have the right to "move accounts"

really. it's the stupidest thing ever, when some girl thinks she needs a better name so she moved her account, it's POINTLESS just cause some dumb girl wants a bubbly name doesn't mean she should add another account to your servers

it is really just purely stupid I think, why do you have to "move accounts" one account isn't going to be any fucking better than the next account you create, i've seen some people change accounts 5 times in a row, there probably isn't really too much issue behind it since all it really does is add an account to the servers which happens by thousands every day

I think something should be put in place where you can't move accounts, or people doing this should be banned, it's just adding clutter to the servers and it really only hurts artists by changing their names and making themselves less known, I really don't see ANY good coming of a new account other than some girl gets a name she is more accustomed to, I know I am never going to re watch someone that does that again because it's just worthless and I think this indescisiveness should be punishable by being banned because it's annoying, and it just seems crooked to deviantart's rules even though it obviously isn't

of course some people are going to argue that plz accounts are on par with this, but a plz account creates an image that everyone can use and enjoy and it's a huge industry that leads to alot of fun on this website.

it's just inconventient and slightly dramatic and stupid and pointless for everyone except some girl will get a new name because for whatever reason her current account isn't good enough, I don't think people should be able to do that.

I know this is going to be widely disagreed with but I don't really care. I probably won't reply to any replies on this. I just wanted to entertain thought is all, well actually no I want stupid girls to stop moving their entire accounts just for the sake of a name, I think you could actually make it punishable in that sense, there's a NAME CHANGE feature so if someone creates a new account to avoid this, it should be considerably punishable

now, they might make a new account for a reason other than a new name, but as I said, no one account is fucking any better than the next and there is no justification for moving your account.
Comments420
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
I am a moved account and I find this offensive. :iconfingerplz:
Have you been banned before? :o
this is so stupid
The suggestions forum is here to make this site better, not to fix something that annoys you. Back when I was 16 or so I created a stupid name DarknessbFallenU on here, and over the years I didn't feel like I could get serious inquiries on my page because of a silly name, so I moved profiles. I deleted my last one, so that it doesn't interfere with any random searches or leave a "ghost profile". For the most part, "silly name changes" as you call them, are a phase for younger people and without a sub it is necessary for artists who want to get more serious with their art. Sure, that isn't always the case, but if dA was having a serious server meltdown with all the profiles coming in, I'm sure we would hear about it, and they would relinquish the option to do so. But, I haven't heard anything so I'm sure we're all okay. :lol:
Because as people grow up and change they don't wanna be known as vaginaslayer69 anymore... so they change that shit, because they can.

Your answer is because.
name change feature
I'm pretty sure you have to be subscribed to do that (which I guess 5 dollars to change your name isn't too terrible, but none the less). That aside it's also a newer feature so all the people that changed names previously this is invalid to.

Other issues:
How are they going to keep track of who all makes new accounts? I can get a new email, use my boyfriends credit card instead of mine... goes on and on on how they wouldn't know it's me.

Being as big as they are I think they can handle a few dead accounts anyways.

It'd be too hard to manage really, and would be a waste of time and sources.
well the aim of making it ban-able is simply to make it so they won't do it, they won't move their account and tell all their friends in a journal to go rewatch them, it makes them have to suck up and face responsibility of their actions, can't they do that for once in their easy lives?

all it would do is make people obey or cover up their tracks and I would be pretty happy then
It's a username on a website, not a murder.
I think it'll be okay.
Saying it will be okay is just as useless as my forum post no it's worse
NOt really, it's about equal. I didn't point out your "dumb girl" part or anything, so I wasted even less time.
View all replies
You shouldn't have the right to post ridiculous suggestions with a shitty plz account.
Go see a behaviour therapist because your attitude is disgusting!
haha fuck you, maybe you shouldn't take shitty stock-photos from amateur angles with a 40 dollar camera?
I'm fairly certain they can handle having a few excess names in their database.
I don't know

it could cause spontaneously combust you can't disagree

you could spontaneously combust too
so many replies to this lol

I would like to address the fact that I did primarily say girls change their accounts, I didn't really think about it too much, and obviously used the term "someone" in one portion

but I guess I did say it based on experience, and not just some kind of assumption and I'm sure you could dig up the facts that girls change their accounts more, well all of you people disagree with it but if I was paying for a server I wouldn't want accounts to be made and go un-used, I would say that people should be atleast required to completely close their old accounts and to just freeze the account, instead of making a journal, you want a new account? you should have to start from scratch every time.
I'm sure the servers can handle it, otherwise there would be a system already in place to prevent people from wasting space. deviantART is one of the world's largest online communities so I'm sure they have sufficient server space to handle many accounts.

How are PLZ accounts an industry? I don't see anyone making money or any commerce going on there whatsoever.

People have every right to create a new account if they wish. Most of the time it's probably not because they want a new name. People above me have already listed some common reasons.
too long; didn't read. lost interest.