Gallery Display Option (Horizontally)

This is in reference to my previous suggestion that has been submitted: [link] This does have interest in it, and I would like it to be reconsidered.

I have a very large gallery, I would like to display my gallery (category) folders horizontally instead of vertically on only the left or right. Then once I have my folders displayed horizontally I could could get rid of them as being featured and make it look more organized.

I have suggested this previously and there was interest and I know of others who are currently interested in this feature also.

Thank you.

Michelle
VisualPoetress
Comments13
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Good suggestion, it would definitely help when I manage to upload all my other artwork and etc.
The problem with having them horizontal is that there's a limit to how many categories fit on the screen. After a certain amount (which would be different for everyone, depending on how big their screen is, or what size they have their window at) dA would have to add an interface to scroll through them, which wouldn't be difficult to make. However, I'd say it'd just complicate things needlessly.

As it stands, when I visit someone's gallery I just keep scrolling down to go through their folders. An interesting folder might even catch my eye as I'm just browsing their work. If they had them horizontally though, I'd first have to notice there's more folders than what I see on the screen, which might be easy to miss, and then I'd have to fuss around with dA's interface to see what those other folders are. It's just... clunky.

Aesthetically, horizontal folder menus might be appealing to you, but from a useability standpoint they'd be horrible.
I like the idea, the only real problem I see is the deviants that have a lot of folders in their gallery. If a deviant as twenty folders that will be displayed at the top of the page, who is really gonna look at their gallery?

And yes, there are people dumb enough to do that.
I really like this idea.
I think it's a very good suggestion, and would certainly use it, were it available :)
I agree, but I'd like to have a simple way of browsing my gallery and the option to select certain works to set features, like using a checkbox features or unfeature things in mass.
Just to clarify that the previous thread was closed for being necro'd, as such this new thread is perfectly valid :thumbsup:
There was no need to re-post a locked thread. The staff obviously know of your ideas and don't need them re-said.
Because there are some of us who are still interested in this..
Why would you re-post a thread that got locked?
It got locked due to inactivity only not because people were not interested in it.