Details

Closed to new replies
January 27, 2006
Link

Statistics

Replies: 387

sexualized vaginas versus nosexualized boners

:iconbeleave:
there's an annoying double standard here on deviantart. there's photos everywhere of naked women where they are in obviously sexualized poses and you can see their vagina (often they are daily deviations), but no erect penis image is allowed, even if it is totally in a non-sexualized context. wtf. yeah deviant knows where the money is at just like the whole internet and america.

any opinions?

i have totaly non-sexualized work (photographs and drawings) where my penis is erect (a boner my god) and i'm not allowed to post them while people are posting completely sexualized phtos of women (and young, young, young attractive women) that are completely sexual in nature, tone, and intention.

i am steamed at this.

anyone have any recommendations on how i can address the bigwigs here at deviant art about changing this?

peace--wayne

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconaxis-:
axis- Jan 31, 2006   Writer
But you do accept that this is not tantamount to tyranny, tyranny is deciding that itís wrong of them to do as they like with their private property that you happen to use.
the notion of wrong can be used in many different senses.

is it legally wrong of them? nope.

is it ethically and morally wrong of them? yes i think so.

what use of tyranny is more important to me, considering this is an art community, and not a government?

i don;t know.

but to be clear as i can, i was using "tyranny" as an example, not as a de facto accusation.

peace.
axis- Jan 31, 2006   Writer
How is it ethicly wrong to not allow what you don't want to see on the site you own.....
cuz what i do not want might be totally repressive and any number of things. i consider that unethical. you may not. < shrugs >

peace.
(1 Reply)
axis- Jan 29, 2006   Writer
Welcome to earth, things aren't equal here.

And for good reason, we didn't get this far as a species by making everything fair for every one, if someone wants to see your boner they'll ask, for now we'll assume vaginas are Ďwhatís iní and your boner needs to stay out :P.

(The consensus is that female nudity is art(istic), your boner is; well about as artistic as the word you used to describe it.)
:iconmorlhach:
:wtf: why the hell am i reading a thread about erections
:iconla-la-ru:
I don't think there is such a thing as a nonsexual boner. I do agree with you, though, that people ought not to post pictures of nude women in suggestive poses.
:iconpeskaa:
Here on deviantART? No dear. :roll:
axis- Jan 29, 2006   Writer
U n0 w4nt 2 SEe GIaNt H4RD eeRekt PINNY P0Le :omfg:, U mUst H8 Teh ARt!1

"nosexualized boners" R teh C00OLesT
:iconmirrorkills:
mirrorkills Jan 28, 2006  Hobbyist Digital Artist
a boner can not exist without some form or sexual (i dont mean phyical here) stimulation
Add a Comment: