90's nostalgia

I don't get why it is a trend(but 80's nostalgia is not, I rather see romantic rock and  shoulderpads being a thingGiggle ). What is so fucking special about the 90s? Except I was born the middle of decade, lol. And I never quit to listen to music from the period, but I was ahead of time I guess. Also the 90s has most terrible fashion, less than covered or jogging suits.Sweating a little... 
Comments176
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Well, the comics were either really great or really terrible, that's for sure.
I wasn't much a comic reader back when, simply because I couldn't read.
I guess it is my luck.
There was less negativity such as terrorism
Music was better
Technology was simpler to operate
just to name a couple of reasons
Terrorism did exists just in another shape.
the 90's was a simpler time.

kinda like the 80's but with more effort involved! 
The 80's was pretty complex.
Probably nostalgia from the parents who grew up in the 90s and want their kids to do the same things they did.
And the time.
Expression in the 80s was lightly antagonized by the adults of the groovy 60s and 70s, so the taste of freedom via colours and clothes was enough.

But the envelopes that the 90s pushed, were oppressed bigtime. leaving the youth of that decade to feel like soldiers in a war, reminiscent of the hard earned victories.
That is ironic, because the same bloody yuppies run the world like the way they did in 80's.
Comment hidden
There is nothing wrong liking it. I just don't like how overly idealized the decade is become.
Comment hidden
Music's better in the 80's and 90's than today's noise, I'm afraid :grump:
There is existing good musicians today too, you have just to look for them.
B-b-but.. but that means a lot of work... SpongeBob (Whining) 
If you don't like to work, make a thread in forum.
Spongebob Cringe - Chat Icon  ...T-t..that's even more work... Nuuuuuu~
The 80s sucked. The 90s sucked too, but less flamboyantly. Everything since then has just been stale 90s leftovers, we haven't had a proper cultural shift in decades - all our energy's going into changing tech instead (we were still pretty excited about pagers in the 90s, and the evening talk-news shows had to explain to us what modems were).